PIA

Page 3 of 48 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PIA

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 15:00

sap not sure about the question. you don't lose CPPD if you get it nor is it deducted from anything elce. if you get it its a plus.

hope that helped????

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 15:39

Thanks Propat...the question is this...I already get sisip LTD as income for my service. If I get PIA as a taxable income benefit from VAC, is there an offset dollar for dollar from sisip. Or do I stand to gain from this PIA? It seems as both are incomes and taxable, so why would I go from one to another? There must be some benefit to it or why have them both?
Sap slowly surmising...

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 16:30

ok got ya buds . ya PIA and sup are not deducted from SISIP or ELB so there is no down side.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 17:04

Sapper Zodiak.

How in blazes do you figure you need to be an amputee to be musing tpi?
It ain't so. I ain't got no lost limbs, just fracked ones that don't work.

Where's the heck is that one-legged ass kicking contest?
Giving a kick at the can. pinger.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 17:20

Right back atcha from a one armed paper hanger!!
The VAC website criteria for TPI says amputations etc...I guess every case is decided on its own merits. I never applied before because I thought I wasn't banged up enough. 72% VAC(adjudicated 16 yrs ago) and numerous non military related injuries...perhaps I qualify as well. Looking into it. I have no CM or anything now though. Thanks for the heads up regarding offset of sisip income. Good to know PIA is not considered income for sisip.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 17:36

Bearing in mind, Pia eligibility prerequisites (ADL's) . I believe the eligibility just got loosened.
Reflecting a longer time for some of us to do said ADL's. To each their own. But I don't want some snoopy betty crocker around me. (proper respect and apology's to the gal vets). It's an independence issue though.... for now.  pinger.
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 17:52

I forgot that the rehabilitation program through SISIP is only available , I believe , within the first two years of being medically released which has passed by several years ago for me. The VAC rehabilitation program is different as it can be done anytime , as far as I know , after medical release.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 18:01

You know what Sapper Zodiak?

If I was was a one armed paper hanger that's any good, I might go to Jersey or Vegas and be a good armed bandit at the slots. Talking, left or right physical arm. But I sway from the topic at hand, PIA. pinger.
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 18:43

The right arm is decorative only...but Vegas sounds great right about now. Cooled down out here to about 10 for a daytime high...unseasonably cool...
Shiverin surfside Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 19:12

Question about EIA Exceptional Incapacity Allowance ~ am I correct in thinking that you have to be pensioned at 98% or more to qualify? Thanks

Update: I found the answer
http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/after-injury/disability-benefits/exceptional-incapacity-allowance

Last edited by Sparrow. on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 19:23; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 19:16

For Sapper ~ PIA information
http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/news/vac-responds/just-the-facts/permanent-impairment-allowance

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 19:41

Thanks sparrow. Now what crap do they put you through in the rehab program. I am to crippled and old now to rehab.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 20:48

sparrow I know you got it but just to clear things up for everyone you will need to be receiving a 100% PA pension . if you are 98% or higher in degree of disability the PA pays you a 100% disability pension .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 21:17

That is not true actually. I am at 65% under the PA, and paid another 13% under the NVC, but I am getting PIA and PIAS. Mind you, if they factor in the conditions that they have denied, I would be well over 100%.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3078
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 21:54

Thanks for posting Rex. I am at 72% paid at 70% with many injuries denied by VAC. I haven't had a review for about 15-20 years though. Perhaps I will get a favourable outcome on this PIA business. My mobility is quite limited now and others issues I am dealing with have to be factored in, as a whole. Thanks again,
Sap...separating the fly shit from the pepper...

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 48 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum