PIA

Page 4 of 48 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PIA

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 21:57

ummm was that for me bigrex ???I was responding to sparrow.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 22:08

yaaa im thinking that was in fact very true.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 06:44

Can any one tell me what they make you do in the rehab program,and how long it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 07:00

I  am in my third year of rehab.  For myself, it is geared towards completing school and transitioning into a new career.  I have been receiving phycology & psychiatric  sessions,a CanVet worker who helps with claims and schooling, and  if needed a coffee course.  VAC has been pretty good with covering any needs that have arised to help with my quality of life.  Not sure how it will all end up, but I am reassured that once you are in the rehab program you will be taking care of. For example if you finished your program and another need arises due to your condition, you can be placed right back into the rehab program. (correct me if I am wrong)
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 08:17

Do they make you go though that for EIA, PIA, if your physical abilities are to restricting for employment or schooling i have had enough of being tortured just to get what is owed to me. EG, SISIP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 08:50

Hence the Centric Veterans approach. I was told to apply for the PIA last year and denied at all levels. I was denied because I was taking part in retraining. Your conditions are more restrictive. You state you can not take part in the vocational rehabilitation part, you maybe able to bypass that part. You need to contact VAC and apply.

Best solution and also a way of getting better answers (Sometimes).
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 09:03

the thing is there is more than just voc rehab in the rehab program . there is other types of rehab in the program .

if you can no longer work you will likely not get voc rhehab but other types of rehab . say physical therapy and if the therapist suggests you would benefit from some time in a pool you could get some free pool time . your rehab may just consist of just seeing the doctors you are seeing now .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 09:10

I was on the rehab program but not the voc rehab part . I was eventually taken off of it .

my CM told me what danny has stated if I ever have a need for it she could put me right back on it.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 09:11

Danny, being retrained should have nothing to do with PIA. It is not tied to your ability to work, only PIAS is. Even the medical conditions listed for automatic approval of PIA, do not necessarily exclude a person from working, including amputation. So, if your ability to be retrained was the reason given for the denial, even while meeting all the requirements for the benefit, I would contact this MVA directly, to see if he can intervene.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3047
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 09:52

It would have to be a waiding pool as i can no longer use my arms or legs for swimming and traveling is not easy. where do you do this theapy in your home town or do you have to travel to their facilities.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 10:09

wild for me it would be a 45 min drive however that is the closest pool to me.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 10:27

Requested the paperwork, will see what they expect better not be more than i am capable of giving or they can shove their EIA, PIA, Or what ever other IA up their _ _ _!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 10:58

wild it seems to me you will be getting the physical rehab part geared to your needs and abilities .

they will not be telling you to do anything but may ask you to try things .

they will ask you what you would like to achieve from this program .

you might say you would really like to get greater range of motion out of your right shoulder as it would help a lot in your daily living .

so they would develop a rehab plan geared toward that .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 11:20

WOW Your good propat how did you know i have a frozen right shoulder. Are you watching me lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 12:47

lmao lucky guess buds.

propat

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 48 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum