Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

PIA

Page 45 of 48 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PIA

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 09:10

I was on the rehab program but not the voc rehab part . I was eventually taken off of it .

my CM told me what danny has stated if I ever have a need for it she could put me right back on it.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 09:03

the thing is there is more than just voc rehab in the rehab program . there is other types of rehab in the program .

if you can no longer work you will likely not get voc rhehab but other types of rehab . say physical therapy and if the therapist suggests you would benefit from some time in a pool you could get some free pool time . your rehab may just consist of just seeing the doctors you are seeing now .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 08:50

Hence the Centric Veterans approach. I was told to apply for the PIA last year and denied at all levels. I was denied because I was taking part in retraining. Your conditions are more restrictive. You state you can not take part in the vocational rehabilitation part, you maybe able to bypass that part. You need to contact VAC and apply.

Best solution and also a way of getting better answers (Sometimes).
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 08:17

Do they make you go though that for EIA, PIA, if your physical abilities are to restricting for employment or schooling i have had enough of being tortured just to get what is owed to me. EG, SISIP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 07:00

I  am in my third year of rehab.  For myself, it is geared towards completing school and transitioning into a new career.  I have been receiving phycology & psychiatric  sessions,a CanVet worker who helps with claims and schooling, and  if needed a coffee course.  VAC has been pretty good with covering any needs that have arised to help with my quality of life.  Not sure how it will all end up, but I am reassured that once you are in the rehab program you will be taking care of. For example if you finished your program and another need arises due to your condition, you can be placed right back into the rehab program. (correct me if I am wrong)
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 06:44

Can any one tell me what they make you do in the rehab program,and how long it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 22:08

yaaa im thinking that was in fact very true.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 21:57

ummm was that for me bigrex ???I was responding to sparrow.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 21:54

Thanks for posting Rex. I am at 72% paid at 70% with many injuries denied by VAC. I haven't had a review for about 15-20 years though. Perhaps I will get a favourable outcome on this PIA business. My mobility is quite limited now and others issues I am dealing with have to be factored in, as a whole. Thanks again,
Sap...separating the fly shit from the pepper...

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 21:17

That is not true actually. I am at 65% under the PA, and paid another 13% under the NVC, but I am getting PIA and PIAS. Mind you, if they factor in the conditions that they have denied, I would be well over 100%.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3190
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 20:48

sparrow I know you got it but just to clear things up for everyone you will need to be receiving a 100% PA pension . if you are 98% or higher in degree of disability the PA pays you a 100% disability pension .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 19:41

Thanks sparrow. Now what crap do they put you through in the rehab program. I am to crippled and old now to rehab.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 19:16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 19:12

Question about EIA Exceptional Incapacity Allowance ~ am I correct in thinking that you have to be pensioned at 98% or more to qualify? Thanks

Update: I found the answer
http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/after-injury/disability-benefits/exceptional-incapacity-allowance

Last edited by Sparrow. on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 19:23; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 18:43

The right arm is decorative only...but Vegas sounds great right about now. Cooled down out here to about 10 for a daytime high...unseasonably cool...
Shiverin surfside Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 48 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top