PIA

Page 45 of 48 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PIA

Post by bigrex on Mon 04 Jul 2016, 17:24

well, I just checked my VAC account, and I my PIA has been increased to grade 2. No back pay in the bank yet, but that shouldn't take long. So it seems like some things are improving at VAC, as far as PIA is concerned. Now we just need the disability pension returned.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3078
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Mon 04 Jul 2016, 17:58

Grade 2 , you must be really messed up. Just kidding around bigrex as we are all really messed up.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Mon 04 Jul 2016, 18:15

Great news on your increase Rex!
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5258
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 04 Jul 2016, 18:22

great stuff bigrex congrats buds .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat on Mon 04 Jul 2016, 19:13

Congrats Bigrex, we knew you weren't gonna break the winning pia claim streak we have going on here...

Last edited by BinRat on Mon 04 Jul 2016, 19:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo typo's and more typos)

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman on Mon 04 Jul 2016, 19:39

Great news big Rex

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Mon 04 Jul 2016, 20:17

Bigrex - was that a review of it? I did a review but got some bull answer. I had heard that they may go to just 2 levels, but who knows..VVV
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 513
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Mon 04 Jul 2016, 20:24

Congrats to you Bigrex!!!
But don't hold your breath for the freaking decision letter. Rolling Eyes

So who's next... ? Many others I believe. Say... 10 - 20% of those eligible?
Those who are not aware of it or worse, those who just plain gave up...
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1206
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Mon 04 Jul 2016, 22:35

Thanks everyone, and I'm thankful for all the support I've gotten. Johnny, it was a review, because when they changed the criteria last year, to include ADL's, it listed that taking inordinate amount of time to stand up and move from point A to b, is level two. Well since VAC has paid for a lift chair, due to the difficulties that I have at standing up due to my knees, and they've also paid for my mobility scooter AND my walker, it would have been really hard for them to deny the reassessment, but not impossible.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Thu 28 Jul 2016, 10:36

Does anyone know how the PIA is paid? Do they pay it in advance, ie, does the payment received today would cover for August, or is it for July? The reason I am asking, is I received a payment for my increase that said it covers March 01 -31 July for $2900+ before taxes, so 5 full months. But when they deposited my benefits this morning, my PIA had not been increased.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Thu 28 Jul 2016, 10:47

Rex if I read what you wrote correctly they already paid you for July therefore your PIA increase would not show in this end July pay.

Your PIA increase should show in your end August pay and each Month thereafter.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5258
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Thu 28 Jul 2016, 16:57

OK. That is what was unclear. Sometimes benefits are paid in advance, while others are paid for the previous month. But since my increase was approved at the end of last month, June 27th, the "adjustment" payment should have only been for 4 months, Mar-June, and then simply apply the increase for the July PIA payment as nornal. But by paying the July increase amount a month in advance, it only created confusion, when I looked at my bank account this morning. Even if the paperwork had been clearer, like saying that the payment at the end of August, would reflect the new rate, instead of just saying the payment for August, it would have removed any doubts.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Tue 02 Aug 2016, 13:13

Happy for you Bigrex. I have had some victories this year and got my PIA completed. My GP has retired and I now only have a Nurse Practitioner, who cannot fill out forms. I have had my TPI paperwork sitting at the doctors for months with nothing happening on it. Does anyone know how to get the TPI completed without a doctor? I have no friggin idear. Please let me know. Thanks.
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 02 Aug 2016, 13:52

I'm sorry to hear that Sapper. The only thing I can think of, is if there are any walk in clinics near where you live. It isn't ideal, but someone there may be willing to assist you. I would love it if VAC would put the word out with the medical field, asking any Doctor, who is willing to specifically assist Veterans with paperwork and referrals, to contact them. Then they can create a database of these names, so that if a Veteran calls them, saying that they do not have a Doctor to fill out required paperwork for benefits, they can direct them to one in their area. Even if they had to travel a few hours away, to get that assistance, it would be worth it.

bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce72 on Tue 02 Aug 2016, 16:24

@ Sapper

When I was released I had no family doctor as he had retired. I went to a walk in clinic and explained to the GP that I was a veteran and I needed his assistance on an on going basis. He accepted me as a new patient on the spot.

Maybe you could employ the same strategy. Good luck!

Bruce72
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 48 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum