PIA

Page 6 of 48 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 27 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PIA

Post by Guest on Sun 19 Apr 2015, 18:47

sap im guessing you are not on ELB and declared TPI yet . that was where I started . its a lot of stuff aint it. the best thing to do is to get your CM to help you I did and it was a breeze.

I seen that book the call applications and almost threw up lol.

just get her in and you will be surprised how easy it gets sorted out.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 00:33

Uh...no CM...moved to "the island" in sept of 2013 and havent met anyone from VAC yet. I was offered PIA in 2009 but said I would consider it when I was older and worse off. Well...here I am...I have attendance allowance, clothing allowance and have never had anything other than my disability award from VAC. It seems PIA is the same as attendance allowance? Feel free to enlighten me. Thanks for the note propat.
Surf-side Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 06:44

ok sap no problem you just call DVA and ask to have a CM assigned to you . you tell them what you are applying for specifically mentioning the rehab program . you must have a CM assigned to you for the rehab program so you will get one. PIA is the replacement program for the EIA not attendance allowance .

once you get a CM it will get easier don't stress the mangle of paperwork buds . you will find it funny that although all that crap has to get done the only thing in there that will actually really matter for you is just one sheet of papper . take a look its probably the last page .

that one sheet of paper is the application for the PIA and supplement . blows my fracking mind.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 09:32

OK. Thanks for the note of encouragement. I will call VAC this am and get the ball rolling. I keep telling myself this is not welfare. I have been cut off all treatment like massage and chiropractics because " the patient is deemed not improving or responding to treatment".This is one reason why I wish to have PIA endorsement. Cant afford to keep going to physio on my dime, nor have people assist with my care. Maybe a medical rehab is the way to go. Thanks again.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 10:14

Very good Sapper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 11:07

great sapper that is just what the medical/physical part of the rehab program is meant for buds . they will pay for all that stuff.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 15:10

Talked to a nice lady from VAC in Victoria this morning. She told me how to go about the paperwork and what to answer. They will decide if I get rehab and what type offered. So thanks for the info and support in this endevour. Not sure if I will qualify, with my VAC disabilities, as I have many injuries/disabilities non VAC resulting from getting hit by an impaired driver. The journey continues....
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

PIA

Post by 1993firebird on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 10:08

What happened to my post?

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 10:37

It was moved to the comment thread. Trying to keep topics that relate to the thread.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3248
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 12:11

OK , but I was explaining the PIA to Sapper. I believe he understands how it works now.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

TPI, PIA and Suppliment

Post by redfisher on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 14:43

Is it me or should those who are deemed TPI get PIA and the Suppliment automatically? Why do we have to apply for these benefits? In a nutshell should VA not have all your info and then automatically provide you with all the benefits for your condition without having to fill out every single form known to man? In a common sence sort of way all of this should be handled in one session with the CM and thats it. If a new benefit comes along that fits into your situation then VA should advise you that you are now getting the benefit.

But that would be too simple.
redfisher
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2012-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by redfisher on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 14:45

Oh, one more thing. Where is my COLA? Rolling Eyes
redfisher
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2012-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 15:42

Exactly Red!! I already get attendance allowance(you only get if deemed permanent), and VAC has everything in my file to prove it. No rehab or anything is going to change how I am. It will help me deal with things better, but physical injuries remain. I suppose that when the charter was changed, they got rid of things like attendance allowance etc and created new things. Things you must seek out on you own and apply for. No one will hold your hand here. It could become too expensive for Harpers Grand daughter!!
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 17:26

That would be too simple is right. Just imagine if there was only one form? But it's complicated.
We wouldn't have boxes and boxes and file cabinents full of VAC paperwork, great! But then what?
After mass layoffs/shutdowns in the pulp and paper industry what else could the GoC invest in?
The Teflon sector?
On a more serious note, do not assume VAC/GoC even has and/or uses info they are supposed to have on our file for applications. It ain't a perfect world, things can get overlooked or lost.
Pro-active spoonfeeding comes to mind.
By the way redfisher, I am TPI and then some and my PIA was denied (long story). It ain't automatic, but I'll get it eventually. pinger.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 19:49

Yes thanks...many hands make short work.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 48 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 27 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum