Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics)

Page 1 of 64 1, 2, 3 ... 32 ... 64  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics)

Post by BoltAction308 on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 09:23

Hello folks, just wanted to update those who have been following my little adventure. As previously stated, i've been following the whole SISIP issue on behalf of my wife as she's part of the Class Action Lawsuit. During the research, it occurred to me that I may have been a "Zero-Sum" applicant or some other area of the whole SISIP gamut.

Well, as of yesterday, I spoke with a CM I was assigned to and gave her my story. Released 3B in '93 with a back injury. Recv'd a diagnosis of PTSD a few years later and was told to submit additional and any new medical diagnosis for them to review.

Yesterday while speaking with my CM, she said she could see I applied and was denied benefits in 1993 but that I contacted SISIP again in 2003 stating i had additional medical diagnosis' that should help my benefits application process and hopefully an approval. The CM yesterday told me that they sent out new forms in 2004 for me to fill out after I had called them in 2003 but since they never heard back from me, they simply closed my file so to speak.

I asked her where did they send those forms to and was given an address that i lived at when I lived in Ottawa. I informed her that I haven't lived in Ontario for a decade already and that would obviously explain why i never received the forms for me to return to them. I told her it only occurred to me as I researched my wife's case that i was likely overlooked or had fallen through the cracks of the SISIP system. She quickly told me that I didn't qualify as a Class Action member which i then told her that i never said i was, i merely asked questions. She didn't seem overly eager to help me was the impression i got from her after speaking with her yesterday afternoon.

At any rate, I now have to send SISIP a new application to appeal and supplement my initial denial application and have them review the initial decision as an appeal.

Fortunately I have the original new medical diagnosis from the shrink i was seeing in Ottawa in which he even gives dates and mentions VAC so hopefully it won't be too long of an appeal process seeing how my whole medical history along with previous non-psych diagnosis' are all listed along with corresponding dates of diagnosis'.

Has anyone hear gone through a similar situation as I've just described? If so, how long did the appeal process take?

Lastly, from what I gather, I think I should fall under the 75% of my Cpl. salary for 2 years if I'm not wrong? if that is the case, anyone have any ideas what that comes out to in dollar and cents? I didn't work during that period and was receiving CPP-D benefits after my EI Sick Benefits ran out.

Either way, i'll be forwarding whatever i send to SISIP to Peter as well as per his direction.

Thanks in advance.
BoltAction308
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics)

Post by peep on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 09:34

Hold on!
Read my post "peep vs the sisip".

If you appeal, they can really screw you. Wait till after the court ruling.
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by BoltAction308 on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 11:57

Wow! I just read your post and it pretty much mirrors what I just posted as well.
I best send an email to Peter to see where I should go from here.
Thanks for the heads up! Much appreciated!
BoltAction308
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by georges dumont on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 12:06

WOW, there are more and more people mving in on this mater. Same thing for a guy I know in Quebec!

georges dumont
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2012-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by peep on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 12:09

Make a post on my peep vs sisip post if you want to make it current. But I am not sure if we are class 4 or just overlooked.
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeCee on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 12:30

Peep, like I mentioned, send an E-mail to SISIP and BCC, the law firm with your SISIP docs only. Tell them that you would appreciate your file in it's entirety either via E-mail or snall mail. Hold off sending anything to the law firm until after the Feb court date. Chris
DeeCee
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by peep on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 12:33

Yes am waiting, and everything I do goes to the law firm. They are too busy to answer me back right now, but I hope soon.
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Will's Ridge on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 17:00

Good luck BoltAction. try not to get discouraged and keep up the fight.

Will's Ridge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by BoltAction308 on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 18:09

Thanks for the info and support folks. Will keep you updated.
BoltAction308
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

SISIP Denied My Appeal

Post by BoltAction308 on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 18:53

As the title implies, I sent out a letter to SISIP after communicating with Peter Driscoll a few weeks after telling him my situation. As some of you know, my wife and I are both ex-mbrs (Reg. Force) and while researching the class action for her, it dawned on me that somewhere along the lines I got screwed by SISIP because I never got a red cent from them when I was released on a 3B medical! I applied for benefits when I was first released and was denied even though I recv'd CPP-D benefits.

Anyhow a few weeks ago I sent off a letter to SISIP asking them to look into my file again because I felt I should've at least received the 75% x 2 years benefits when I was 3B'd out in 1993. They sent me the letter back saying they waited for me to send them updated medical information and even sent out the forms to me in 2004. As it turned out, they sent the forms to my Ontario address when I was actually living in Newfoundland.

So today I get a letter saying that they spoke to me on 2 occasions in 2002 and 2004 and I never submitted the additional medical information. Now I'm no memory expert that's for sure but I know for a fact if I was applying for benefits and was asked to submit additional medical information I'd have done it right away! Anyhow, they went on to say they waited a year and since they didn't receive the new medical information/evidence they closed my file.

Now this is where I find it interesting if not contradicting. In the last sentence they say that I had one calendar year to appeal the initial decision and therefore since it was well after 365 days fro my first application to SISIP in 1993, I cannot appeal and my file was closed. If that is the case, why then did they claim they sent me forms in 2002 and why did they say they spoke to me in 2004 if I couldn't appeal one year after 1993?

Either way i scanned the letter and emailed it off to Peter's assistant today to have them review it. Peter did say when I first contacted him that SISIP would likely tell me I couldn't appeal and if they did use that tactic that I could get a hold of him and have McInnis Cooper review my file which is exactly what I'm doing now.

I can't say I'm surprised by SISIP's reply denying my appeal but now that I'm armed with a little more knowledge on the subject and of course this forum, I'l make damned sure that if I am entitled to benefits that I'll get them and if Peter and/or MC come back and tell me that I am not entitled to any benefits, well at least I know I'll have been given the truth.

Last edited by BoltAction308 on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 18:57; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
BoltAction308
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 18:58

interesting ....keep us updated .... i know you arent alone on this type of situation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 18:59

Bolt, what was explained at the hearing on the 14th of Feb and 15th is that an independant adjudicator lead by a person named Laura Burns I believe was the name, will be reviewing any disputed cases or settlements that are brought forward. This management team will not answer to any Gov agencies or Sisip and will be paid by our legal team. Second to that, Deloits company will also be overseeing Sisip independantly on files and claims again not answering to GoC and paid for by our legal team. I want to assure you your case will be reviewed in all fairness and on its merits so I hope you know this much. Take care. sparrow

Last edited by sparrow. on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 19:00; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by OldZipperhead on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 19:00

BoltAction308: Good - don't back down and make SISIP blink first!
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 19:11

I hope that the Law firm, can help you with your situation ,

Best of luck and keep us informed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 20:52

Well that is interesting. That would mean you are not a zero sum back then or where you?

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 64 1, 2, 3 ... 32 ... 64  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top