Has Anyone Done Rehab/Retraining Through SISIP?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Has Anyone Done Rehab/Retraining Through SISIP?

Post by bigrex on Thu 14 May 2015, 13:21

I completely understand how you guys feel. When I released I was living in Ottawa, and I asked for a computer technician course, because I enjoy working on them, and had even built them for myself. That way I could work in a call centre or even start a small PC repair business from home. They refused that, saying that there was no call for something like that in the Maritimes. He said that with my disabilities, all I would suitable for would be office work, so all he authorized me for the cost of a few online courses for MS office programs. Then when it was time to help with job finding, because they didn't deem me disabled enough, I told them that I needed to restrict my search within a certain distance from my home, because I cannot physically sit on a bus for hours per day, getting back and forth. Their response was that I must not be serious about finding a job, and they closed my file. So, after they dropped me, I was lucky enough to land a job with the Commissionaires as a dispatcher, because they were the only company out of the 50+ places that I had applied to, that even gave me second look. But I ended up having to buy a second car anyways, because their shifts started hours before the buses started running.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3047
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Fri 15 May 2015, 08:44

Rex holy crap still cant believe all the stories of failure by SISIP and individual efforts like yours to survive and go on with dignity. All of you who stayed the course pushed through the crap of SISIP and kept your dignity throughtout.....I Salute you!

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Fri 15 May 2015, 14:06

Amen brother!

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top