Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

CPPD/SISIP

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: CPPD/SISIP

Post by 1993firebird on Fri 25 Sep 2015, 18:18

CPPD requires that you be almost dead compared to SISP and VAC.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 25 Sep 2015, 17:02

ya see sometimes it doesn't matter what he says but its extremely important how he says it .

wording is everything with these guys.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 25 Sep 2015, 16:59

piper there is legislation for applying late so not a big deal there as far as that goes the thing you have the problem with is the not disabled enough thing.

that could simply come down to your doctor and how he worded his responses to the questions . he or her is someone you will need to bring this up with and getting straightened out before reapplying .

keep in mind the timeline thing and if he hadn't previously said how long you have had your condition or conditions ( with if memory serves are specifically asked for ) tell him it is important he does .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by PipperNavy on Fri 25 Sep 2015, 16:21

I got my answer in the Mail from CPP and it's a big no ... stating I should of applied 3 yrs ago and I'm not disabled enough ...hmm weird sisip and vac thinks I am..
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 09 Jun 2015, 18:23

not sure things have changed much buds . in my opinion they are still fracking most people over and letting a few through will little resistance to look good . by chance you just happen to be speaking with two of the latter.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Tue 09 Jun 2015, 16:51

wow things have changed since the turn of the century. Good for you guys. My CPP D was a total feckn' nightmare with the Pension Office, zero help from VAC, SISIP harassing me to make them the first payee and dealing with the CPP adjudicator that was going berzerk on more doctor reports so she could justify 9 years of backpay. I talked her out of the 9 years that she would only create a massive migraine for me.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3304
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 09 Jun 2015, 14:38

teen the thing is the doctor can only tell you your condition and what you can do for employment via restrictions . they cant deem you TPI for the purpose's of CPPD only CPP can do that . that's kind of why I wrote the second sentence in that post this way.

"EVERYONE being released from the military and are no longer able to work should apply for CPPD prior to release , immediately there after or as soon as you can.""

teen my application went in the same time as my DVA application march 1st 2006 . I read everything I could find on the NVC and it was crap was holding out hope the cons would shut down that unholy mess but had to give myself but especially others 30 days grace and it only made sense to me to do all the paperwork at the same time .

released on or about sept 08.

was investigated once im guessing for my first tax return in that situation.

not sure I had a notice I was being investigated but I did recive a notice when they were done telling me they contacted my employer over this matter and I was good to go (my words lol ).

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Tue 09 Jun 2015, 12:28

2002 applied 1999 middle of and got 7 months backdated. It didn't matter that I was being paid it only mattered to cppd that I was deemed TPI for there purposes.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PipperNavy on Tue 09 Jun 2015, 11:19

Thanks teentitan ... Smile
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Tue 09 Jun 2015, 10:59

Nav and propat what decade were you guys medically released? I was released in 2000 and was told to apply for CPP D in 98' or 99' and was denied because I was holding a job. I wasn't declared permanently disabled for a year and half after my medical release.

I'm just curious as I find this intriguing and awesome at the same time.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Tue 09 Jun 2015, 08:21

I was approved and collected cppd over a year and a half before I was medically released. They continued to take cpp deductions off my cf pay and at tax time I received the cpp premiums back. Maybe they changed it but at that time everyone did, at least from the Halifax area.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Tue 09 Jun 2015, 03:02

propat you didn't read my last sentence. Wait until you are deemed totally disabled.

I know that CPP has their own criteria, hell every gov't dept has their own criteria on totally disabled! LOL

You were obviously diagnosed permanently disabled before you were officially released. Would like to say your lucky but I know as much as everyone else on CSAT luck is something you would pass on if you could have kept your health.

So yes propat is right if you are diagnosed permanently disabled apply before your release. But if you are not wait until SISIP tells you or if you are diagnosed after your release to be permanently disabled.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 09 Jun 2015, 00:48

no teen not a waste of time at all just a very smart move .

1. they will pay you while you are collecting your regular pay if you can no longer work as they did for me for two full years .

2. although they will deduct some money from your pension if you are on CPPD they do not deduct your pay .

3. if you have any problems with your paperwork your medical records, doctor and medical staff are just down the road and easily accessible more familiar with your medical situation than your new doctor might be even IF you get one right away AND IF you have your medical records right away .

4. CPPD doesn't give a rats but if VAC or anyone elce declares you permanently disabled they have there own criteria and go by that and the only way to get them to declare you permanently disabled is by ACTUALLY APPLYING .

a waste of time ?????

NO FRACKIN WAY!!!!

its the PERFECT time!!!!

if you are reading this ,are still serving, being medically released and again can no longer work apply YESTERDAY !!!!!

THERE WILL BE NO BETTER TIME!!!!!

APPLY APPLY APPLY !!!!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Mon 08 Jun 2015, 22:14

Actually propat applying "before" you are released from the CF is a waste of time. You already fail the first question....are you currently working.

I applied before I got out, as instructed by my eager SISIP manager who eventually got fired because of making every CF member apply for CPP D, and I was denied.

Wait until you are deemed permanently disabled before applying.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 08 Jun 2015, 19:41

boys the SISIP thing aside just forget about that for a minuet .

EVERYONE being released from the military and are no longer able to work should apply for CPPD prior to release , immediately there after or as soon as you can.

this is in your best interest SISIP or not .

if they ask you to apply you should apply .

if they don't ask you to apply you should apply .

if they ask you not to apply you should apply .

this may be very important to YOU . frack what it means to SISIP .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top