Equitas suit...a wash.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Equitas suit...a wash.

Post by Teentitan on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 00:11

I keep reading "fix the lump sum" but other then raising the lump sum to be equal to the provincial workman's comp average across Canada I don't see any other fix.

And don't say get rid of it and go back to monthly like the PA because it ain't happening. All the political parties back in 2005/6 didn't open their yaps against stopping the monthly PA payments. So what else is there to fix?

Oh those same MP's that didn't open their yaps for the veterans they certainly opened it when they grandfathered themselves under the PA. Yep that's right the PA is great for MP's but not veterans.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 00:30

"Fix the lump sum" term. Yes fix, do realize they won't go to monthly amounts....because lump sum saves them money right. God help veterans live another 30-40 years...because under the PA the goc would pay out more money in 30 - 40 years if monthly was given. I know that teen. At full 100% disabled vets should at the very least recieve $450-$500,000. I would like to see the suggested "fix". Heck maybe they will throw in some Timmies gift cards and or free coffees from mc-d's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 00:31

I don't give a fidler's fadoo who is the governing party for Canada. I know some here think I'm a card carrying Conservative. I'm not. I'm a wounded card carrying veteran advocate!

So when I ask for you guys to give me suggestions to fix something give it to me so I can take it to Summit/Stakeholder meetings, conversing with VAC ADM's, VAC Minister and his staffers.

So don't think I'm trying to shut you down I'M NOT. I want your opinions, ideas, suggestions.

For example I am going to pursue getting an extra tax credit for veterans. I have to live in a controlled environment and I live in Ontario. So I pay 16 cents for a kilowatt hour from 11 am to 5 pm. I can't turn my A/C off I need it and pay thru the nose for it. So I would love to have an extra tax credit or include ELB, LTD to pension splitting.

So use the CSAT to throw your ideas on the wall and I can work to make sure it keeps sticking to the wall.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 06:01

a monthly pension under the NVC in line with the PA. that's the fix not a return to the PA.

then we are all treated equal in general.

this is the only proper fix that will keep the NVC as well.

when people try to correct something that is wrong with the GOC its normally because the GOC doesn't want to change it themselves .

so what the fracking GOC wants or doesn't want really doesn't matter a whole fracking lot to me whatsoever because if they wanted to do it it would already be done and thus not an issue .

the NVC buyout is worth roughly 9 1/4 years (single no kids not counting for COLA ) of what the PA is worth with wife and kids its worth much less.

so as supreme has mentioned the 450-500,000 ( really good number by the way supreme as I think that's the max the GOC can be pushed to) it would not bring equality it would be something .

the thing is that number is only possible if you are asking and pushing for equality either the monthly pension or a much larger buyout .

if you are asking and pushing for something the GOC if they feel they need to normally will want to resolve the issue with a half measure so if your pushing for the 500,000. then you are likely to see a lesser solution if any at all.

so if ya want a solution from me that the GOC wants I cant give ya one because the GOC obviously wants none and thinks things are fine the way they are otherwise this would not be an issue right now.

if you want me to give you the proper and I mean the only fair solution look above that's it .

its called equality .

yes equality may not seem fair to some and I know for sure it doesn't seem fair to the GOC .

ALL disable vets being treated equally thou really does seem fair to me .

call me crazy but that's just what I think.

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Riddick on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 09:39

I agree with equality and I also the believe if the GoC wanted to help us vets they could fix/adjust the PA and or increase the lump sum, reinstate, modify the NVC. There are a number of things they can do. With all our money they GIVE other countries they can surely help their own generously and fairly.

Equality can also come in the form of getting rid of VRAB, that office is as unfair as can get. The PA or lump sum is futile if one's claims/application are constantly and unfairly denied. The GoC or the MVA never say squat about that office which is so high above the law they are always having nose bleeds.

Harper can "fix" and help veterans instead of spending hundred of thousands fighting us for what is truly, only what we deserve.

Riddick
Riddick
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top