Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

PTSD Anyone have success from claim/appeal ?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PTSD Anyone have success from claim/appeal ?

Post by pinger on Tue 30 Jun 2015, 20:28

Hi Wild thing. Good advice posted above. Boils down to patience and resilence just like the different flavour of vac bullshyte I'm going through. Don't let it burn your blood to the 9th degree, keep any family / friends close supoprt and you'll be better for it the next day. You are not alone with frustrations or getting pxssed off.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1241
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf on Tue 30 Jun 2015, 18:15

Wild thing- the therapist will need to have a minimum number of sessions prior to making a diagnois. When I had my papers done, I had to do about four different questionnaires with the therapist and at least six apps for a diagnosis. Therapist has to get a starting point for your treatment. As months and years progress, different treatments can be explored to find one that helps you the most. When you deal with government, doctors and red tape it always seems to be at a snails pace. Hope it works out for you. There is lots of us on this site to help out. Take care
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Tue 30 Jun 2015, 17:17

wild thing - I would like to tell you the VA paperwork, will get easier but I would be full of it. It does not. But like teentitan said bear with it. I have been in the fight for 15 years now. Lost some, but won more. Everyone on here will say to stay on course, do what steps they want, and appeal the crap out of it all. This forum has been awesome for me, when I am down and broken with the system. I usually send one of the boys who have been thru it questions, and my head spacing becomes a bit clearer.
      As for this thing called ptsd, that we live with every day, the movie never seems to stop. I was diagnosed 3 years ago. I have done EMDR, Equine Therapy, it all good. Like some of my comrades in our OSSIS gp say. We will have it for life, but we can learn ways to manage it some what. If you can get to an OSSIS gp I find it a great help. Keep patient my brother, and it will all work out down the road. If you ever want to rant send me a pm.  VVV...
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Tue 30 Jun 2015, 16:11

It's the new procedure wild thing so try to keep calm during your interviews. But yes the first one is a repeat of what you have already answered and the next 4 he/she will work with you on your ptsd assessment.

I know it's frustraing but when I went thru it I just breathed and gave the best honest answers I could because I kept saying to myself "this is the bureaucracy...this is the bureaucracy" LOL.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3304
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 30 Jun 2015, 15:47

met for the first time with the therapist today wanted to punch him in the face first thing is this normal. he just reminded me of VA with his questions and forms to fill out sent him my declaration ahead of time explaining things he still asked me the same questions i already gave him the answers for, that pisses me off to repeat myself he wants four more sessions before filling out paperwork does it get any easier because so far i hate this. Im exhausted trying to consentrate. i am also giving one to my medical doctor to fill out her first placement was 35 years ago dealing with veterans in halifax with ptsd/shell shock i trust her. also filling out my own copy and will compare all three then i will know if he is just another over paid over educated tool who has never had a hard days work in his life. how the fk can he understand what i have been going threw for years when all he wants to know about is the past week or two.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 19 Jun 2015, 13:24

Heading to the trailer to relax and decompress for the next week and do a little claim work with my wifes help will check P.M. from time to time thanks for the info so far and have a great weekend everyone.

Back to top Go down

PTSD Anyone have success from claim/appeal ?

Post by Ex Member on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 16:02

Has any one on this forum had a successful claim or won an appeal if to shy to write on here personal message me.Thanks.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top