Retirement Income Security Benefit (RISB)

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Retirement Income Security Benefit (RISB)

Post by Dannypaj on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 08:32

Thank you RobbieRoyal.   My ultimate goal is to finish school and return into a career that is considered gainful and suitable employment.  I lost twelve years of being unable to save for retirement.  I was making peanuts as a Commissionaire (federal contract worker for CSC working for under $11.74 an hour to a maximum of $14.10 an hour) .  My medical condition had me involuntarily medically released from the CF; and I suffered financially for having a disability.  What a system!  I hope their centric approach to Veterans and their family works.  If the government keeps good on their promise to open federal jobs to Veterans, maybe those who are moderately disabled at a younger age will still have a chance to make a  good living and feel a sense of pride, which I feel i lost when I was handed my medical release certificate.  Politicians will never understand what it is to be a soldier.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 10:02

Hey Pro Pat you do realuze i was pulling your L.E.G. You silly bugger gotta find a sence of hoohaa in all this ole chum
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1705
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 11:12

Allright I hear ya all and I have received an email this am that VAC should have a memo out by weeks end to help clear the muddy water to at least mud.

I asked for a more defined example so we all know what benefit/allowance goes forward till death and what benefit is converted to RISB.

So on Friday I hope to have some solid(ish?) intel for everyone.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3275
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 11:33

Teen anybody asking about the Sisip guys? I heard thru the grapevine that it will be based on your percentage of VAC , if your over 78 percent ur considered severe . Because most ELB only lasts a couple of years so it will can't be based on ELB?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 11:40

I can confirm the SISIP clients were brought up and the answer was not eligble as they are not in receipt of a benefit from Veterans Affairs

I brought up two points about their answer:
1. I referred to me that I was accepted into the NVC but my ELB would be zero because of my LTD.
2. I made a statement that lawsuits are really becoming annoying to me as I have to post it, research it, discuss it, research questions, discuss it more, handle the fall out from the decision and that I would like to enjoy my life not infront of a keyboard and on the phone.

They took a note and are going to "discuss/explore" the situation.

I also informed the OVO about this and they are going to "discuss" this with VAC as they too are annoyed by lawsuits.

So it is in their thought process.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 12:00

Thanks Teen, if they exclude LTD then they will have a flood of people applying for ELB in there 64 year! I'd rather have them just extend LTD for life than VAC can keep this RISB. Also I heard the CFSA will be taken into consideration as this benefit is meant for those severe and disabled veterans without a pension

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 12:05

In my own opinion, I do believe that Mr. O'Toole is trying his very best to change the way in which issues are handled by the government when it comes to Veterans,
We all know that the PM does hold a very short leash on his ministers - but I have said this before, in order for positive changes to be made, the MVA has to be able to properly explain to the PM what is needed to address our needs, and I think that past history of our MVA's have been unable to properly understand issues resulting in failing to get points across to the PM, which resulted in things not being fixed  - or improved to the point of gaining back the respect from Veterans.
So far I think that Mr. O'Toole has showed that he is capable of getting points across to the PM, so the PM has a clear understanding of what is needed, which in turn results in getting things done.
At least it sure is looking like that to me.
So good on Mr.O'Toole for that.

Now let's not forget where all of this is coming from - it is coming from the OVO, the OVO is the person who wrote all this up in the first place, the OVO has a clear understanding of what is needed, and because of his competence, his message is clearly understood by Mr. O'Toole, which all leads to positive changes that is what Veterans have been asking for all along.
I would say that credit to the OVO is in order here, along with credit to Mr.O'Toole for acting on what the OVO has stated,  with respect to the RISB, and any other positive changes that are coming.
I said this before, and I will say it again, we are fortunate to have Mr. Parent as our OVO !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 14:48

hey Robbie ya I got that buds just trying to get a clarification . seems teen is all over that now.

cant wait to read the actual legislation.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 14:52

teen thanks for the running around your doing IT IS appreciated .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 15:01

trooper it would be nice to have guys in those positions that understand the needs of ALL vets .

my question is do people who support the buyout really understand the needs of ALL vets ?????

im sure there are many that would say yes , little to none that have actually had to take the buyout mind you , my answer ; NOT A FRACKIN CHANCE!!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 15:06

No problems propat it's my pleasure to help because making sure veterans are educated on their eligible benefits helps them when they deal with VAC.

Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 17:34

This will still leave a lot of vets out. If you were ill or injured not due to service but were eligible for SISIP and CPPD then u will get zip. There are some 'fortunate' ones out there that will get SISIP for life but for ones after the cutoff date, their SISIP disability will end at 65 and no safety net income replacement will be there. Now, I get a VAC pension. I also get CPPD and SISIP but CPPD and SISIP will both end at 65 for me. My VAC pension is at 50% disability and so there is a definite disconnect from CPPD and SISIP. VAC table of disabilities does not work so well in determining the level of disability. I tried to get an increase from VAC as my condition continues to decline and they said under the newer table I would get even less.
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 17:53

Nemo you do not lose your CPPD at 65 it just gets re-named to CPP. No drop in payment either I confirmed this with the office years ago.

As for the SISIP LTD guys yes at this time it's true at 65 the LTD stops (unless you are grandfathered for it to be for life). In my conversation today with the OVO they have brought this situation to the attention of VAC.

We need to remember the Bill to be tabled has yet to be written. So there is still time to send your MP your concerns and a letter to the editor. If Minister O'Toole is not your MP he accepts emails, facebook postings, tweets and will take bring your concerns to the table when the bill is being written.

By now we all should have heard the phrase "veteran-centric" from the Minister. Listening and talking to him yesterday he was honest in his conversations about changing the culture of VAC to becoming 'veteran-centric'. So let him know on his facebook page.

All he asks is to respect the process, watch the language and no ganging up on a vet or individual in the conversation. Sounds a lot like the rules here on CSAT doesn't it? So anyone of us can write him because we "made and showed" the rules on the website! (This is where everyone pats themselves on the back...not to hard though! Wouldn't want to break an arm. LOL)
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 18:05

I concur with Trooper in that we are fortunate to have Guy as the OVO. I wonder if he ever chats with... Pat Stogran?
Also like propat said Teen, what you do is appreciated and you have the clarity to seperate the bull-shyte from whats relevant.

Maybe the best approach to this risb is to wait and see. We can speculate all sorts of false assumptions until the cows come home. IT'S ALL TENATIVE!. But as much as patience is a virtue, you can't eat or pay bills with patience... pinger.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1239
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 18:39

Teen , I think your wonderful but I just read what you posted regarding the cppd and from my conversation down here the story is at age 65 your cppd converts to cpp and it usually is less than the cppd rate. Thou at 65 you used to be able to get the old age and this would more than top it up but now it's 67 . So if I am wrong hit me but I think I might be correct on this one but after about 6 mojitios I'm starting to think I see Erin Otoole walking around the resort, lesson, don't mix your VAC paid for cheap generic drugs with rum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top