Retirement Income Security Benefit (RISB)

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Retirement Income Security Benefit (RISB)

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 18:40

Nemo, I'm pissed about the whole Sisip thing also . Can't they just extend it for life ? Or convert us Sisip guys over ?

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 18:44

Sounds like you have given me a project for next week Navrat. I'll do some phone calls and find out what happens at 65 with CPPD and when the age is going to 67 and how it will affect us.

Unless someone else has done the research on this?
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3225
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 19:00

Yes from what I understand your CPPD at 65 turns into CPP - the difference in the amount is a little less but not a real big hit - I do believe that if you are receiving a CF pension the CPPD deduction for that pension is stopped once you are converted from CPPD to CPP, resulting in very little difference in your CPP rate, if any.
They say it usually balances the difference of what you are receiving for CPP.

From what I understand with regards to SISIP, I think that those who were released prior to 1995 can't remember the exact Month, your SISIP is good for life.

So the question is how to go about getting this policy changed to reflect all recipients (Veterans) on SISIP - to get SISIP for life.

And teen seams to be on it, thanks teen.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5001
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 19:10

Trooper, I never doubted the Teen, lol I will wait and watch for the info! This Sisip ltd thing I think will grow because how many are on ltd and have been reinstated. Thousand maybe more? So it's going to effect a lot of guys at 65 and that can't be fair. This is where I see a merging of the ltd and ELB programs they are virtually identical

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 19:42

With respect to the sisip cut off age of 65, and to try and get this changed for life, perhaps e-mailing the OVO and going on Mr. O'Toole's facebook and bringing this to their attention just might  help in getting something going on this, I know teen will do his part on this, but I think the more - the merrier.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5001
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 20:19

Just to correct a very important point trooper made about contacting Minister O'Toole about the SISIP LTD cut off and being short changed on RISB there is no need to contact the OVO because the OVO has already submitted it to VAC.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 20:20

OK EVERYBODY FRESH FROM VAC A BETTER DETAILED EXAMPLE OF THE NEW RSIB

Just click here and read it in Anglais or French Notice Board or on Latest News

http://veteranvoice.info/vvi/bulletinboard.htm
teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 20:30

Thanks Teen it looks good

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 20:43

BUT ...... Again , Severely Injured & Disabled personnel on ... Sisip Ltd ...  "  Are Missing "

from the Diagrams ???

This has to be corrected , I personally have a family of ... 7 ... to Care for , Yes ! I need that pension to continue after 65 ...

TeenTitan , Ron ...... could you please post info as to where Exactly to send Letters to The Honorable Minister , so that he ""  Does Not  "" forget the Disabled Veterans on ... Sisip Ltd .

With great appreciation for your time answering all our questions & keeping us all up to date,

With ... 5 ... kids wanting University in order to make it , I need this .......

For Country
retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
Family of .......7....... get er' done bye's !
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 20:45

ha ha really great stuff teen by this it shows its NOT 70% of VAC benefits its 100% of benefits plus 70% of ELB .

ore in other words ELB extended past 65 at 70% with a new name.

my hats off to you and the guy that gave you the example with the math. im kinda wondering if he was the only guy in the room that knew what the frack was going on because he naild the math exactly . did you know him from previous experience? did you know he was clued in???

this is by far not everything that needs to be done but THIS IS AN ACTUAL REAL IMPROVEMENT if this holds ill reserve the full hooraa till I read the actual legislation.

GREAT FRACKIN STUFF TEEN !!!

thank you so much .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 20:46

I concur Recon. I hope we won't need yet another law suit for Sisip LTD folks. I vote Navrat as the lead plaintiff. Very Happy Happy for the NVC soldiers though it's great news for them.

Last edited by Cola4me on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 20:51; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 20:50

Robbie apparently I could frack up the lords prayer you nailed it . love the expression though but in caper land its you could even frack up the lords prayer if ya knew it .

its all good though.

I FRACKED THIS UP and was wrong .

and im only tooooo happy I was.

best to you buds.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 20:55

Listen , just when you think the government gets it, it forgets the Sisip ltd guys! Really no excuse that's the problem with different plans. Sisip ltd is no different from vac ELB if they exclude us I know a certain fellow in a certain law firm in a eastern Canadian city would love to dig his hands into this. This is unfair as it stands. Maybe it's because there are a few thousand of us Sisip guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 21:01

Well I gotta admit I sorta lost some of the info from yesterday. Call it "lost in translation due to coffee depravity" LOL. It was the ADM of Service Delivery and the VAC lawyer. But they just brought the info from the accounting department at VAC.

And yes this is very, very significant. They are actually listening and fixing the fault!

Recon here's his contact info

The Honourable Erin O'Toole
Veterans Affairs Canada
14th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0P4

minister_ministre@vac-acc.gc.ca

Or you can submit your letter online here...

https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/department-officials/minister/contact

I encourage all SISIP LTD clients to contact him and ask what about LTD clients? We will be below the poverty line at 65 too.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 21:03

yaaa im on EELB and getting nothing because SISIP is the first payer . also on PIA and supplement . sooo just before 65 ill frack up my SISIP paperwork so they drop me and MAYBE ELB will pick up the slack . might cost me a few months SISIP for nothing but it might be worth the gamble.

or maybe the sort it out so that's not necessary.

propat

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top