MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27

Post by Guest on Tue 28 Jul 2015, 11:42

Horse therapy? How about the $300 groceries only amounting to half a cart at Walmart. Cost of living is huge and they're contracting horses to help? Chr**t sakes. This cheeses me off

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 28 Jul 2015, 12:25

6608 sorry buds it was me reading your post wrong had three days just non stop busy and wanted to respond to a pile of suff well any way no excuse for that I apologise . the head spinning has slowed down to 6500 RPMs now so im good ta go.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 28 Jul 2015, 12:51

wild thing buds I get ya and fully understand it really sucks to see these people profit at the backs of disabled vets when if we had an honest government it would not be required .

I do understand politics and politicians somewhat been involved in it my whole life and sill belive in the system at the lower levels. but ive been in the backroom meetings witch are often in someone's house when you can see a candidate being selected before the vote takes place along with other crap ya don't even want to here about and it really kinda turns you off.

yup they will tell ya the other guys are doing the same things but I don't really consider that as an excuse.

ya want to understand politics it all boils down to money and votes that's it buds its that simple every fracking thing these frackers do and just about everything they say is to bring in money and/or votes its really just that simple. keep that in mind and it gets a little easier to understand why they do some of the convoluted fracking things these fracks do.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 28 Jul 2015, 16:44

Don't forget ideology. The Tories have written a ton of laws and policies based on their right wing Christian ideology, that often contradicts the actual experts in their fields. They also feel that unless a person is working, and paying taxes, that they are a burdon on society, and have set up as many hurdles as possible to those Canadians from receiving support from the Government, such as EI restrictions, OAS age increase, fighting Veterans in court over better benefits, etc.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3102
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 28 Jul 2015, 17:05

What do politics care. They get full pensions after serving very little time. Making big bucks off the canadian people making decisions for medically busted vets. Disgusting really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 28 Jul 2015, 17:35

Big Rex is correct , that's why I believe the Cons are toast! They have played so dirty and there true colours have been revealed . Nobody can say that the Cons are nothing more than a copycat of the US tea party movement. Even the former Progressive Conservatives didn't act like they do. There attack ads , Senate scandals , the complete destruction of the Royal Canadian Navy( it was the liberals who at least bought the CPF for the Navy) the Cons have made a lot of promises for the military but the truth is the liberals spent more on the military as a percentage of GDP than the Cons are currently .
An interesting thing I noticed on ctv this morning was Otoole speaking to a reporter about the afghan veteran out west who can't get mortgage insurance because of ptsd and he was asked what vac can do and he said not much because it was a private insurance company but if it was vac they could do a lot when it comes to funding and changes. So I thought if they according to Otoole can do a lot of changes then where are they. If it's so easy for him to make real changes that put money in people's pockets then change, the reality is the Cons , especially the Reform/ tea party types, hate with a passion anything that provides direct cash transfers to the disabled unless it's there own pensions

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 28 Jul 2015, 17:59

Rex, I agree , for any government to come out an publicly fight Veterans in a court of law is not only disgraceful , it goes beyond that, it shows a disfavor towards Veterans , it shows disrespect , and really shows the governments true colors of where they truly stand with their Veterans , regardless of the measures they have taken to try an lesson their own actions , the damage I would say is already done.
Someone should point out to them that we are Veterans , not criminals or a company seeking compensation.
The question here has to be this ; How can a government with such a strong track record of fighting Veterans in court , ever fully recover the trust of Veterans ?
This issue by itself is enough for any Veteran to say enough is enough !
The RCMP always says we never forget when they are investigating a crime - same goes for Veterans we don't forget.

Supreme , I agree , ( Disgusting )

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 07:47

"I did a job the government asked me to do (and) I did it to the best of my ability. I was injured during that but now I lack the ability to have the privilege of protecting my investment (and) my house," This was quoted by a fellow soldier in a similar predicament as I am in.  I was denied life insurance and mortgage insurance because of my medical condition.  As it stands now my wife is insured, but I am not and haven't been since 2003 (medically released). Recurring theme here, only this time I think more people are willing to put them selves out there and speak about their mistreatment. Just another thing that I thought was normal, that being denied life/mortgage insurance was okay because who would want to insure a disabled veteran anyway.
Hopefully I don't kick the bucket before my wife.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 10:15

Propat, No worries you certainly don't have to apologise i could have explained myself better as well, all is good.

Cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 10:51

Dannypaj wrote:"I did a job the government asked me to do (and) I did it to the best of my ability. I was injured during that but now I lack the ability to have the privilege of protecting my investment (and) my house," This was quoted by a fellow soldier in a similar predicament as I am in.  I was denied life insurance and mortgage insurance because of my medical condition.  As it stands now my wife is insured, but I am not and haven't been since 2003  (medically released). Recurring theme here, only this time I think more people are willing to put them selves out there and speak about their mistreatment. Just another thing that I thought was normal, that being denied life/mortgage insurance was okay because who would want to insure a disabled veteran anyway.
Hopefully I don't kick the bucket before my wife.

Hi Dannypaj, were you not advised of Coverage After Release Term Life Insurance through Manulife covered to age 75? I am sure you have it in good hands but just putting it out there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 11:45

I was denied but my wife was approved through Manulife. It was a whirlwind upon my release so I didn't even bother to look further into it.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 12:36

I was denied the mortgage insurance, as a matter of fact I told the broker don't even bother to try. I blindly accepted the fact that my injury would be a road block for the rest of my life. No more then the average Canadian with a disability from an injury they got working in Canada.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 12:57

Thanks for that teentitan, average Canadian eh! At least this average Canadian is entitled to a veterans licence plate. Who needs insurance anyway!

Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 13:23

Danny I'm still going to bring it up at Summit's. Hey if the government after WWII gave vets a cheap mortgage for life (I think 2%) they can develop an Mortgage Insurance program a vet can buy into for his spouse's piece of mind.

Why should a spouse have to use up any death benefits or health benefits to pay the mortgage when the vet died of his pensioned condition?
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 13:53

I am ashamed to be a vet I would never advertise by putting a licence plate on my veh I steered my kids away from the military and informed them never to tell my grand children I was ever in the military as a favor to me. Dont want them getting any stupid ideas about joining I have nothing not even pictures left as I have destroyed everything years ago. that was my therapy, damn it felt good at the time and still does.I think back every time I am having a hard time 50 17hmr rounds into medals now that is therapy without painfull recoil. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top