VAC Rehab program

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: VAC Rehab program

Post by Artie Simm on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 10:16

bruce72 wrote:I released back in November of '06 but didn't apply for VocRehab until September of '09. †I began VocRehab in December of '09 and my rehab plan lasted 5 years give or take.

The army called it quits on my career for me and when I released I had no idea what benefits I qualified for. †Although I did have monthly VAC pensions in place for my feet and knees. Army doctor urged me to apply, otherwise I may have missed the April 1, 2006 deadline kicked in.

I stayed drunk for the first three years after my release, †but then my case manager suggested VocRehab. †I still drink, but only 2 days a week now. †Those two days are mine.

Anyways, I'm going off topic......
I hear you, I am drinking every day but not to the point where I can`t function, I wonder are there any AA groups strictly for military ?
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2017-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 12:43

http://www.aa.org/assets/en_US/aa-literature/p-50-aa-and-the-armed-services

Click on book cover page and it opens in books and is free to read. AA

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 14:09

Trooper wrote:What is a rehabilitation plan?

Your rehabilitation plan is developed by you and your case manager. Your family is encouraged to take part in developing your plan.

To achieve a successful outcome, the plan will identify:

your goals;
the services and benefits you will need to reach your goals;
local service providers to help you achieve those goals; and
a timeframe to complete your plan.

How is that done?

Your VAC case manager will work with you and your family to help you identify your rehabilitation goals, taking into consideration your health problem. The ultimate goal for you and your case manager is the successful completion of your rehabilitation plan as this will best help you adjust to life at home, in your community or at work.

You and your case manager will build a plan to achieve your goals. The plan will outline the services you need to reach your goals (e.g. physiotherapy, pain management, addictions counseling, occupational therapy) and provide a timeframe for completing your plan.

During your participation in your rehabilitation plan, your case manager, health professionals and other professionals will help you improve your health to the fullest extent possible and pursue your vocational goals.

Your plan is complete when you have reached all of the identified goals, to the extent possible.

You are the key to your planís success!

A successful rehabilitation plan is the result of the partnership between you, your case manager and the health professionals working with you.

Throughout the lifetime of your plan, it is very important to communicate. Providing timely and complete information about yourself and any challenges you are facing is critical. Share this information whenever you meet with your case manager, the health professionals providing services to you, and anyone else involved in helping you reach your rehabilitation goals.

From start to finish, your VAC case manager will:

work closely with you and your family;
help identify information and services you may need;
coordinate between you, your health professionals, and other service providers;
respect your privacy and the confidentiality of your information;
help you develop support networks; and
monitor, evaluate and discuss your progress on a regular basis.

NOTE:

Plans are time limited Ė Your rehabilitation plan has a beginning and an end date.
Full Participation is expected - Failure to do so could affect the progress and continuation of your program.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/transition/rehabilitation/plan
Do you think writing a book about your experience(s) as therapy would be acceptable by VAC`s guidelines?
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2017-02-16

Back to top Go down

TPI and EELB

Post by robleggett on Mon 27 Feb 2017, 11:38

bigrex wrote:As long as you have been deemed TPI, you will continue to get the ELB until age 65, and RISB after that. The fastest way to tell, is log onto your VAC My Account, and it will list your current benefits. EELB is the only benefit with an actual end date, which should be your 65th birthday. I've gone through the same situation. I've been on ELB for several years, and my wife is in the last few moths of a two year course, paid for by VAC.

bigrex, saw your post and went and checked my vac account, under temporary earnings loss (ELB) mine is like you say, it has an end date and is my birthdate, when I hit 65

but I have not been classed as TPI yet?

robleggett
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-03-19

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top