propat

Back to top Go down

Re: Veterans and Liberals.....In The News

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Oct 2015, 17:42

That is how you advocate. get'er done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Oct 2015, 19:32

It's a feel good moment , it's out there and really they have no choice at all but to implement it. According to Teens own post none of the conservatives wanted to talk about bring back the pension , all they wanted to do was make the NVC better, well it's hard to turn shyte into gold but that's what was happening. It's great for everyone that this is proceeding at break neck speed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Fri 30 Oct 2015, 23:25

Again Navrat you did not properly read what I said...I said not a Liberal, NDP or Conservative or any senior bureaucrats from different departments did not want to talk about it. I said it was such a taboo subject that neither the NDP or Liberals for 10 years would bring it up on the floor of the HoC.

I never stopped bringing it up but if they didn't want to address it the next best thing was to fight to improve the NVC. Which a lot of advocates did.

You can stop anytime now trying to twist all my comments into Conservative propeganda. It's not really that hard to do you just have to read my comments without bias.

Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Riddick on Sat 31 Oct 2015, 09:06

There were a lot of things said by all parties......and we all know about campaign promises........

Time!.....will tell; unfortunately we will have to wait and and see.........what we want and what can be done to fix things and make things "fair".....is not going to be quick and easy........

Actions will speak louder than words.......I think a little patience (for the new gov to get settled in) and strength in numbers can be our biggest advocate.

Riddick
Riddick
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 31 Oct 2015, 09:31

Riddick I couldn't agree more but in that there also needs to be some respectful understanding between vets and the GOC with some constructive communication both ways .

yup we need to give them time to actually get into their positions and sort themselves out . we have to be understanding about that and the fact that the PM has got a lot of meetings to attend internationally right off the hop.

thing is we need that understanding reciprocated by the GOC . their promises may be new to them but they have to understand that we have been fighting for this for 10 years .

I think feb 1st is a good date to expect some significant movement on this file . that's the date I have in my head anyway . if we here nothing by then we will ALL need to start asking questions .

what has been done so far ?

if nothing why? and when?

if something what with as many details as possible ?

along with many more you get the idea .

if we can get answers with some mutually respectfully communications with the GOC im sure they will get the time they need .

some im sure the patience will last as long as required as long as we are kept informed and see some progress .

if we are just shut out and see or here nothing im thinkin after 10 years already our patience just may not hold .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Riddick on Sat 31 Oct 2015, 12:09

Curious who the new MVA will be? His/her attitude/personality can set the tone big time.......good or bad.

Trudeau is young......not set in his ways (IMO), if new appointments don't fit in...then there is shuffling...etc etc. Some of us vets might even know him/her?

But you are right propat......communication!!...reciprocated and productive is what is needed not some person full of diplomacy and smoke and mirrors blowing sunshine.

I believe the populous is aware of the discontent amongst the veteran community and also believe the bulk of the people believe there has been mistreatment of veterans far too long. They can't believe we will wait forever.....people are suffering and hurting every day.

Riddick
Riddick
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top