Andrew Leslie not part of the Liberal's Leader Cabinet

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andrew Leslie not part of the Liberal's Leader Cabinet

Post by Ex Member on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 11:46

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-trudeau-liberal-cabinet-ministers-1.3302743

Other high-profile names were left off the list, including former Toronto police chief Bill Blair and Andrew Leslie, a retired Canadian Forces lieutenant-general who served as chief of transformation and earlier as chief of the land staff.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew Leslie not part of the Liberal's Leader Cabinet

Post by Guest on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 11:58

Shock to see him not involved in minister if national defence or veterans affairs. Strange

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 12:50

You never know, this might be a strategic move. He met the campaign promise of having a Minister from every province, and the whole 50% female Cabinet. But now that he has lived up to that promise, there is nothing to keep him from shuffling in Leslie and Blair, after several months, if needed. I think it of it in terms of Sports. You have two teams playing. One is undefeated, and the other has lost every game. So the coach puts his bench players in the game at the start, to build their confidence, and give them much needed experience. He lets them stay in the game as much as possible. But if it looks like the other team is starting to get close, you know that you have your stronger players on the bench, ready to take over on a moments notice.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 15:01

Hehr faces big challenges in his new job, according to Mount Royal University policy studies professor Duane Bratt.
"Veterans affairs has always been a land mine, as it were," he said. "Julian Fantino handled it horribly."
Already?
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 19:29

"F"

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 20:53

Agreed bigrex, Strategy, and think of who's mia warming up the bench.
Cabinet shuffles (In the distant future) are a shell game.
But something I find peculiar. Harjit Sajjan as the MND is a veteran. Kent Hehr as VAC is not, rather a lawyer, DISABLED at that, AND the associate MND.
Could be interesting interplay between those two. Maybe a political learning curve.
I mentioned an article somewhere? that I agreed with. Had to do with the merits of the new VAC minister being a babe in the woods, and not a vet. Rather, fresher blood with an outside completely different point of view/perspective (aka a common sense).
At least for the interim.

Hell, it's only day one and I don't have a crystal ball !

Stay very well all. Pinger.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1239
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 22:46

DISCLAIMER "I'm not posting to start an argument, the Cons lost I'm good with that and have the utmost RESPECT for the democratic process".

Leslie left the CF under a very bad, bad, badddddd cloud.  A General does not drop a negative report on the 'day to day' of the Canadian Armed Forces then puts his release in...then hands in a $70K moving expense for a 6/8 block move????  Then runs for the Liberal Party...wins...and expects, emphasis on expects, to be named the MND?!?

This is the perfect definiton of "blowback".  So why would JT, excuse me, PM Trudeau think appointing Leslie MND would not cause a problem within the CF?

Spade is a spade people....Leslie literally hung himself on his absolute scorching report on the CF then put in his release.  What General would trust this guy as the MND?

PM Trudeau had no choice but to take a pass on him.

And before the debate starts PM Trudeau had no choice but to pass on him as VAC Minister as well.  Why?  Simple answer....who is the current DM of VAC?  CDS ret'd Gen. Walt Natynzyk.  Hey the vet file is the a different beast then the CF file but  a former CDS is the VAC DM so ask yourself if you were in Walt's shoes would you trust briefing Leslie on VAC problems?

AGAIN I'm not trying to stir the pot or be a sore loser.  I'm just trying to make a observation for everyone to think about.

THE CON'S LOST.....I ACCEPT IT.....I WANT TO MOVE FORWARD AND MAKE SURE VETS ARE GOING TO BE SERVED PROPERLY.  I don't want to fight anymore with my fellow vets.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3275
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 23:03

I couldn't care less who the minister is....a monkey can see the fackin issues that need attention. Fix it. I've been sick so I'm fackin grumpy. But any idiot knows what's wrong. Fix it. Fix it fix it. No smart MP is required for change.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 23:22

Supreme I dont' want to be the conspiracy theorist here but it's very odd that PM Trudeau picked a MVA that has absolutely no military experience.

To put a "drive by" victim into this Cabinet position is, IMO, suspicious. It's like he is trying to buy time in keeping his promise's to veterans by putting a visibly disabled Minister in place. If his injury was due to military service I wouldnt' bat an eye. But this is a civilian who was the vicitim of a "chance" life changing disability. Not a war injury rather a freak, all too common civilian injury.

The optics of this Cabinet choice is just screaming foul. As in any group that aggresively pushes that vet issues are on the back burner will look like veterans are being cold hearted towards a parapelegic.

AGAIN I AM NOT TRYING TO PLAY POLITICS I AM ACCEPTING THE LIBERALS WON THE ELECTION BY THE CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC PROCESS. I AM NOT TRYING TO BE A SORE LOSER

I am giving everyone my personel opinion on this.

The optics are literally screaming delay tactic. DO NOT let the appointed Minister be a delay tactic by the Liberals for them to keep their promises.

I want the promises made by PM Trudeau kept. Do not take your foot off the pedal....if anything push the pedal harder because I watched as much news from CBC and CTV and I did not hear any conversation about veteran promises/issues. If I am wrong please let me know what I missed.

I stepped aside from openly advocating but I have not stopped pushing to help my fellow veterans.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3275
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Thu 05 Nov 2015, 00:29

Well, like I said in another thread, with remembrance day around the corner, and the veterans week leading up to it, I would expect to hear something about filling their campaign promises. Now that he has been officially named as the MVA, he can start writing the necessary legislation, and have it ready when the Parliament is recalled next month.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Thu 05 Nov 2015, 08:13

I am feeling rather uneasy about Hehr as the VAC minister. He reminds me of my old SISIP rep...a paraplegic in a chair that fell off his parents deck at age 16 while drinking. Poor bastards all, but they have no pain or some of the trauma/life changing experiences required for the position. It will be hard to not have compassion for this man, but his path to disability is not a military one, whereby you lose your sense of self, family etc. when injured. Hmmm...
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 05 Nov 2015, 08:36

well like moast have said we will see ,

teen agree fully about the MND position for leslie ya hit that nail right on the head plus they picked the obvious choice anyway so without all his misgivings in the end he would have been third on the list anyway IMO.

but on the MVA thing I do disagree if walt really wants to improve things for vets he would need the help and trust of the MVA regardless of who it is . and if walt caused a slowdown of the hopefully impending new legislation and it is seen as a problem im sure he could be replaced .

Mr. Hehr in this position is just a marriage of convenience due to the smaller cabinet and the 50/50 split male-female some of the politics have been taken out of the picks but its still there .

riding picks for a cabinet position are still a factor . if by any chance in a million a lib won in Calgary he would get a seat although not much to worry about .

but guess what happened ???

he ABSALUTLY WAS getting a seat but where???

wouldn't it be nice to have this position be looked at more positively than in the past?

would it not be helpful to accomplish that goal if the MVA authored the bill that changed vets lives for the better and got it thou as quickly as possible due to its lack of mistakes and problems ?

who can wright this bill up as fast and accurately as possible an ex military member or a lawyer?????

maybe a perfectly healthy officer who sat at a desk most of his carer is a better choice because he knows what its like to be in the military ? I get that.

maybe some lawyer who has also sat at a desk for well at least some time is the better choice because he knows what its like to be disabled ?? I get that as well .

in the end we will just have to wait and see .

he got till FEB 1st to show us something significant the clocks a tickin .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Thu 05 Nov 2015, 09:27

Finally we are all back on the same page! ! !
Respect & Accountability
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1110
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 05 Nov 2015, 12:18

Sapper you had that same  "P" screw over ten help one then screw over another ten he was an ignorant hateful S.O.B FOR SURE, PUT MY PTSD ON A NO LIGHT AT THE END OF A TUNNEL LEVEL...I'M VERY UNEASY TOO!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 05 Nov 2015, 13:57

well wildthing I do understand but to me I see this as a good sign the liberals want to keep their promises to vets .

ill tell ya why .

this guy winning a seat where he won it in an are where the libs desperately need to make some in roads became one of the most important liberal MPs . so this guy was getting a cabinet post regardless .

if they picked someone from the Maritimes lets say where they had a lot of support anyway regardless of who the guy was ya might want to get a little nervous .

but Calgary ???? im thinkin if the libs didn't plan on keeping there promises there is no way in hell they would have picked this guy for that position .he would get something else but not this .

JMO

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top