Andrew Leslie not part of the Liberal's Leader Cabinet

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Andrew Leslie not part of the Liberal's Leader Cabinet

Post by pinger on Thu 05 Nov 2015, 14:10

Well, now that the Liberals are actually the GoC, I am really waiting for this Kent H. to speak on our file to get a better read on him. Not forgetting that. . . ACTIONS speak louder than words.

I also feel something is odd about him or his posting, can't quite put my finger on it (?). Perhaps just the anticipation of the new (GoC) ballgame.

But here's hoping Kent is really Clark Kent in disguise, will don his superman cape and just fix stuff.

Like you said propat, in the end we will just have to wait and see...
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1158
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 05 Nov 2015, 14:46

ya pinger and ya know how much we all love waiting lol . on the upside libs have been in power more than a day now . walked down to see if the mail was still workin and I got some so it is . a cop car passed me by so they are still on the job .

so I stopped looked around the ground for pieces of the sky . didn't see any . looked up and it seems to be right where I left it .

so far so good buds .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 05 Nov 2015, 15:00

LMAO@PROPAT

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar on Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:12

For those of us that served when PET was the PM we remember how he was so "helpful" to the military. Is he going to replace the Hornets and choppers and ships. Maybe, but look how long it took just to replace the deuce and a half and the five quad.The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. It could be cause this guy appears to be sincere and compassionate that he'll cut the DND budget and give that money to VAC. Teen I think you are on the right track.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:24

Don't know if people are aware of this but O'Toole was a lawyer too. The only advantage of being a lawyer in a Cabinet position means you understand the legal ease when you read it.

The Ministers do not write the legislation. There is a gov't department that writes all legislation. The Minister's responsability is to "frame" the legislation. Frame as in put the bullet points of what the party wants for veterans to be done.

What we have to wait for is the budget the Libs are going to present. That will tell us if the bump in ELB/LTD, Life long pension, re-opening the closed offices and the wellness centers are going to be done, kept promises to veterans.

In the meantime though it doesn't stop us from reminding the PM and Minister of their promises.

I've been traveling so I am catching up on the posts. Someone mentioned that the DM, Walt, can screw with the new Minister. I can say without a doubt that is not his intention. He wants the veteran file fixed and that is why he asked/demanded the DM position.

Like I have stated before he has really made positive changes in VAC. One of VAC's biggest problems was micro-managing. A lot of DM's want to put their fingers into everything. Walt doesn't. He gives the orders and expects results and he doesn't want the report until it's done by the assigned ADM.

Yesterday PM Trudeau talked to all the DM's. He wants to work with them....in other words he is telling them show us the problem so we can address it. That's the way I understanded what he was trying to accomplish in the meeting. So if that is the case Walt has a list of what he wants done for the injured vets he was once in charge of. I trust him to do his job.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3209
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 06 Nov 2015, 12:01

teen ministers very well can wright legislation . and they can do it prior to.

notice of motion for leave to introduce and placement on Order Paper;

then yes the preparation of a bill by a committee would be the next step but this is only if it is applicable.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Fri 06 Nov 2015, 12:11

I did not say they don't write the bill. They do but it's just a frame of the bill and then it's sent to be correctly worded/phrased.

Yes a lawyer can write up a framework in legal ease and that is an advantage.

But any bill has to go to the legal department for continuity of language in all bills. I was told this by a few MP's and Ministers.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 06 Nov 2015, 12:33

ok get ya now and yes it does go to legal . the thing is this can go back and forth at times .

im thinkin if this guy hits the nail on the head reference the language and comes back from legal as is this can save some time as well .

what I was getting at is if the guy can understand the legislation he is trying to fix right off and has the ability to write up the fixes properly and quickly this may just save some time and fracking around .

kinda why I don't think he is a bad pick for now .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Fri 06 Nov 2015, 12:42

During O'Toole's time he had his staff and him as well go over the wording before the ammendment to the sacred obligation pre-amble, and the new benefits.

They made some changes but it was mainly for simple wording for vets to understand when they read the act.

A staffer I worked with many times did say legal can be a pain in the rear but hey it's legal and they rarely see the sun or speak plain English. LOL
teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Fri 06 Nov 2015, 12:49

lol yup here ya there teen . im hopin the liberals were being honest this guy is on the ball and legal aint goona be to big a pain .

propat

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top