The OVO and its huge - Family Caregiver Relief Benefit Application file

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The OVO and its huge - Family Caregiver Relief Benefit Application file

Post by johnny211 on Sun 08 Nov 2015, 18:38

Some of you here may fall under this dual slip of policy. Let me explain why the OVO, has had a huge influx of Complaints on the FCRB, and why the CM's, are saying they are seeing a huge increase of Attendance Allowance applications.
I have heard from several Vets who have applied for the FCRB, and where turned down. I was one of these. First I applied due to my severe ptsd, and the
goddess of a spouse who has to put up with me daily. My OSI happened several yrs ago, but It is under the NVC. In mine and my comrades letters, we are told that if you have a pension from the old PA, that you are not eligible for the FCRB, but can apply for the AA. So now the ones I have talked to have applied for the AA, like DVA advises. But as we all know the policy for AA, is pretty tight, and one has to need help in bathing, feeding, etc. So like me we applied for the AA, and where turned down, like we knew we would be.
So now we have two deniel letters from DVA that conflict with ea other. All of my friends like me have put in for the FCRB for their ptsd which happend under the NVC era, and has nothing to do with any injury that we have prior to 06.
My CM has told me they where wondering why they started to see a huge influx of AA application, and the OVO has advised that they are now complieing a huge file of denied FCRB with the AA forms attached. If you think you fall under this and got a FO letter for the reason above send it along to the OVO. They are going to go after DVA, and the policy writers to fix this mess. The words from the OVO is what does an old PA injury have to do with when one puts in the FCRB for a post 2006 injury? I hope this makes sense to you all. VVV...

Family Caregiver Relief Benefit
Share this page
The new Family Caregiver Relief Benefit (FCRB) provides eligible Veterans with a tax-free lump sum grant.

Eligibility details
You may qualify for the FCRB if you have a disability award* and:

you have an informal caregiver to assist you with your illness or injuries related to your disability award.
your need for care is ongoing (expected to last at least 12 months).
your informal caregiver is 18 years of age or older and is not paid for providing or coordinating your care.
you are not a permanent resident of a nursing home or long-term care facility.
* This program is only available to recipients of a disability award. If you have a disability pension or POW compensation of 1% or more, you can apply for Attendance allowance. Similar to the FCRB, the Attendance allowance is a significant benefit available when you need help with daily living tasks and are considered totally disabled.

Do you have both a disability award and a disability pension of 1% or more?

If you have both a disability award and a disability pension of 1% or more, you are not eligible for FCRB, but you may be eligible for Attendance allowance.
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 513
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The OVO and its huge - Family Caregiver Relief Benefit Application file

Post by Guest on Sun 08 Nov 2015, 18:59

holy frack another crock of crap.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Sun 08 Nov 2015, 19:20

That is some good to know info there johnny , sharing that is helpful in particular the part about sending the info to the OVO.

Thanks.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5258
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Sun 08 Nov 2015, 19:32

Ya it is a little mind boggling to think, but that is how the FCRB was written up. I really can't see what my busted up ankle pre 06, has to do with my ptsd post 2006, but ah what do I know,,lol. VVV...
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 513
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Sun 08 Nov 2015, 19:33

This is why I never apply for anything I have a head ache just reading this and I still don't understand what I just read

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Sun 08 Nov 2015, 21:57

Johnny211...for the attendance allowance application; be sure to say
1) you require reminders for medication(get pharmacist to make blister packs),
2) reminders for personal care and grooming(post it notes from spouse/partner),
3) personal attendant for outings and medical appointments(get prescription from dr. for driver). That will give you three ADL's to qualify you for the AA level 4. The wording is essential here. Your anxiety from exposure in crowds and busy highways etc. due to your PTSD. Good luck. I/we dont qualify for the caregiver benefit due to the AA clause.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top