Liberals no longer promising to reopen Veterans Affairs office in Sydney

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Liberals no longer promising to reopen Veterans Affairs office in Sydney

Post by Guest on Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:32

ya teen closing some of those offices was BS . if ya needed to reduce the staff fine I get that but closing the offices no way that should have happened in some of these cases .

I don't believe the last government were doing that because relocating employees to areas where they are needed while cutting reducing the total number of staff doesnt at all sound like that is what they were doing.

well been over 2 years im guessing 3 since I got a call may just be a trend all over the country buds who knows .

what I do believe is that putting a new office somewhere in Ontario that would be a half an hour drive from the next office when they could if possible increase the staffing at the existing office would make sense to me .

putting an office in Sydney where it is absolutely needed and would be used makes sense to me .

increasing staff in halifax 5-6 hours from places on that island to deal with those people makes no sense whatsoever .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:40

Here in PEI, we have around 4,200 Veterans of all ages. Our DO was located in one of the 2 Vac HQ buildings. And it was closed. It could have remained with a smaller staff, and the folks could have just walked down the stairs to the first level where it was located.
And the ironey of it all, is now it is the CF recruiting office. Our one DVA lady they did place in Svc Canada ,which is also in the same building as DVA, and across the hall from the old DO, was truely overworked. And one would think that because we have the HQ you could just walk in there, and ask a ?. But you cannot even get past the door of the place.
Like you say teen even if they locate 2 client people, a CM, and the OSSIS coord into one smaller office that would work here. The folks we used to have in our old DO where awesome, before it went to shit. Alot of us suffer from mental wounds, and cannot stand in a line at Svc Canada, and like the one on one in a small office. We need all DO back..
As for the Legion on our second topic. I am not a fan. I joined it a few yrs ago. Then after I supported a Vandoo Comrade in front of DVA a few yrs ago for his 2 wk hunger strike, and not one person from our local legion came to say hi or show their support. I then threw there blazer in the gargabe can.
Have a great wknd all, and hopefully Sunny Ways are ahead for us Vets. VVV...
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:42

ya I here that trooper haven't ever been to one some never do . but of those that get sent to the DVA doctor in st.johns as apposed to using there own doctor there seems to be a huge discrepancy in successful applications between the two. and it does seem that long distance correspondence often results in DVA paying your doctor for their services but face to face meetings with DVA staff seems to result in you seeing the DVA doctor .

but that's just my observation .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:47

ya bigrex im sure that would be fine 2 -2/12 hour travel time for some aint that bad . bedeck is a little more central but anywhere on the island should be fine .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 13 Nov 2015, 12:21

johnny lets just hope out of the 400 new staff they higher they can see fit to place 1 or 2 in PEI . I mean that's definitely NOT to much to ask .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 13 Nov 2015, 16:05

just herd on the news ALL 9 offices WILL be reopened .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 13 Nov 2015, 16:13

wether its a good thing or bad thing it kinda shows a commitment to their promises witch bodes well for the more important issues . keeping in mind nothing is done until its done .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 13 Nov 2015, 16:15

Yeah propat I heard the same thing............Veterans Affairs Canada clarifying comments made by Minister re reopening of Sydney DVA Office.

Heard the one in Sydney an the one for Johnny in....P.E.I will re - open....story tonight at 6....CTV Atlantic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 13 Nov 2015, 16:17

I think it's an excellent Idea to re - open them , and a terrible Idea to have closed them in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 13 Nov 2015, 16:19

they still will not say exactly where they will be just the same geographical area . I have no doubt that will be fine enough for the troops .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 13 Nov 2015, 16:19

agreed trooper .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 13 Nov 2015, 16:21

cant really see how he could possibly figure the exact location at this time anyway . that im sure we can all understand.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 13 Nov 2015, 16:24

Well your right as long as they go in the same area , doesn't have to be the same exact building.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 13 Nov 2015, 17:06

Promises made , promises being kept! Kinda nice to have this change ! It feels unusual because for so long no promises were kept. I believe they will follow thru on everything promised in the election and much more!

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top