Liberals ask 33 Harper appointees to step aside 'voluntarily'

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Liberals ask 33 Harper appointees to step aside 'voluntarily'

Post by bigrex on Wed 09 Dec 2015, 17:48

Even if he had maintained neutral in regards to the lump sum vs monthly pensions, it would have been better. But instead he chose to side with the Harper government, by saying that veterans were confused and misinformed as to what they were entitled to. He said that veterans didn't need a monthly pension, because of the other benefits that were offered by the NVC, even though his own reports concluded that not very many veterans that have been injured since 2006, have been in receipt of those additional benefits, including those who had been deemed TPI by VAC. Having all of those monthly benefits available looks great, as an outsider looking at what VAC offers to disabled veterans. But when only 1 or 2 percent of disabled Veterans in the country actually qualify for any of them, it's hard to argue that they are better than the lifelong pension, for those other 99%.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3078
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 09 Dec 2015, 18:25

They are victims of a screwed up system we are victims of a screwed up system if they fix it life should be easier for both sides no more studies just give them the orders and say implement this and you keep your job don't waste tax payers money on a buyout just to give a political party supporter a job.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Wed 09 Dec 2015, 20:26

ya big rex I get that . ive said that in the past . if he just ignored it and pretended the issue didn't exist I might not like that but I could understand that . we all new who was running the government . we all know sometimes ya got to live to fight another day .

but when I seen that in print from the OVO no less I was actually vibrating I was so angry .

yes wild thing wounded in battle in service of this government and then victimised by that same government upon return .

who do we turn to legion naaa they gotta worry about loosing there own priorities same with the MVA and the OVO nope he gotta worry about his job .

and we just don't get it because we don't understand the importance of those things not they way they do .

so we turn to each other because the big worry for us was losing our lives in an attempt to do what's right  something these cold timid souls just cant fully understand . same as us not being able to understand why these people will not do whats right for fear of loosing a job .

guess we would have to walk a mile in these guys shoes or live that kind of life to understand that .

I think a lot of us can hold my head up high and proudly say we never will.

propat

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top