REFERENDUM TO KEEP OR REMOVE SISIP

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: REFERENDUM TO KEEP OR REMOVE SISIP

Post by Rags on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 08:44

I can agree with you all on the concept I just dont like DVA paying for funds that should be part of a separate pay package from an insurance company. I believe we should have all the same rights as the typical public employee which includes LTD from a private insurance plus if injured in battle we get the DVA help non tax as a well as the rest. Its all in the words from 1919 "A gift of Canada a greatfull nation for Pain and suffering" These exact words are what won us the SISIP lawsuit. Key word GIFT and other key word PAIN and SUFFERING.

So I guess Id agree to dump it if the same morons ran the SISIP program today as they did before....and we know those morons are still in charge so maybe your right if we have to trust the system full of morons ...better stick with DVA way and dump SISIP.  

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 09:03

EELB takes into account non pensioned (service) related conditions??? I never knew that.
What I do know is that civie street accidents/conditions that impact a pensionable condition are taken into account for said pensionable condition. It happened to me under the old pa.
Kind of like overlapping.
But as much as both of the above examples can have a positive impact for us, it just don't sit right with me. JMO but it should be more cut and dried. Civie street is civie street, military is military period.
That said, I feel much more benefit of the doubt should be given to where a pensionable condition leads to another. Bearing in mind the can of worms called fifth's of entitlement for starters.

JMO pinger.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1195
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 10:46

I don't agree with you guys , you will not get a financial increase in a pensioned condition if you further injure it doing something personal for fun. That is your fault for not taking responsibility , it is only a factor if it is something that you are ordered to do be someone else and you get hurt from it will in the military.

Twisted Evil

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 11:42

https://www.cfmws.com/en/aboutus/sisipfs/insurance/pages/vocational-rehabilitation-program.aspx
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5107
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 12:11

Man my spelling was off on that one. I meant by not be and while not will. Medication , lol. I thought that you were talking about Veterans Affairs but I see your site is for SISIP which is an insurance company and that situation is covered by insurance.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peep on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 17:10

Too much knowledge and contact info here. Do not delete!
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 17:32

peep..the SISIP forum stays..we are talking about the benefit of SISIP itself ..keep the benefit or remove the benefit..opinions of what we the members think of that particular benefit.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5107
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 17:34

Ya peep , come on Man , get off the meds. LOL

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Tue 19 Jan 2016, 09:09

I guess the other part of SISIP that does not sit well with me is the 2 year part and then get assessed for life or no its over. That is not the way legally LTD should work. For those that would not give up or give in on the battlefield or Garrison we know them that chosen few who when the shit hits the fan those guys ya want to be beside cause you know they wont give up or give in and in the end that is what keeps you alive. Those types would not give in to SISIP and tried to move on with there lives went back to work...or tried and when that failed.....be it 2 weeks after the 2 year mark or 5 years later they still deserve SISIP LTD if there injuries dont let them continue to work.

I dont know about many of your injuries but I do know about my friends and soldiers and many of them powered through there mission in the military and beyond. Those soldiers despite catastropic injuires still fought on never gave in save others lives by there sacrafic and then back in the world they power through the medical system rehab and never give up and never give in. There medical files say things like progressing well appears to be integrating back into life well, is beginning to master his injures with Technics taught at re hab, going to try and return to work, staring to work part time as he integrates into the work force.//// Those guys that would reach for and load another mag with a crippled leg or laying prone cause they could not get up for the pain like the others that were withdrawing and leaving him and still fought on. THOSE GUYS trid and failed at work but due to there nature and will power and inner strength dont qualify for SISIP after the 2 years. Should have stayed in bed and not tried to survive and build a better life.

For them cause they are tough bastards and never give up ...they dont fit the SISIP profile.

Too the tough bastards...THANK YOU...Im alive because of you on the battlefield and Im still alive today cause you inspired me not to blow my head off years ago

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Tue 19 Jan 2016, 12:05

Rags you are accurate with these statements and bang on in regards to sisip policy remember their the problem and we are all going to fix these SOB together for every soldier coming behind and i believe the only way to do that is ELB mandatory, and FK sisip even the goc cannot control their CM'S or control their bottom line attitude after all they are an insurance company and their in the buisness of making money so my CM told me right to my face, and get to work no schooling for you without the education what the FK could i do compatible for my injuries it was like Canada kicking me right in the nad's. it must have been mentally even more devestating for you's war veteran's. I'M telling every war vet that the rest of us vet's sure as hell appreciate your sacrafice and hang in there this crap is going to get fixed..

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Tue 19 Jan 2016, 12:58

ELB after being denied LTD after the first two years of medical release , never give up the battle until the battle is over.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 on Thu 18 Aug 2016, 15:34

Not that smiple. SISIP LTD is needed for off duty injuries or illness.

The right way is to get SISIP LTD + VAC + CF pension + CPP

That is what my suits address, if they fly. At early stages now. Meet lawyer again next Tue @ 1500h

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2015-05-02

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top