Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Claims Percentages legal signatures

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Claims Percentages legal signatures

Post by 1993firebird on Sun 21 Feb 2016, 15:00

I have chronic body pain throughout my body.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sun 21 Feb 2016, 09:10

And my wife and kids are trying to convince me to try some form of Cannabis or nabalone, because the dilaudid, which seems to be only thing that has worked to reduce the pain so far, also leaves me catatonic.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3246
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Sun 21 Feb 2016, 08:23

Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Sun 21 Feb 2016, 07:53

I used Nabalone for about a year and it really didn't do much. †I am working on getting off the MMJ as well. †I am too young to die and adding toxins to my misery isn't helping. †I really wanted the MMJ to help, but for the most part it felt like it controled me, which is not good.
But each their own, I guess.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Sun 21 Feb 2016, 04:14

Thanks for the input will try one when i am immobile won't take anything unless i am. Found out when i got home this is synthetic thc the damn doctor don't listen if it works without giving me a damn high i dont want because my head is fuzzy enough. Then i will request the real thing may have to put it in writing because apparently she is deaf...

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman on Sat 20 Feb 2016, 09:21

Another thing if you drink while on this med you will find out that you will tend to consume more and I have no problem with that also for me one of the effects while taking the capsule is don't be surprised when you think you are coming down from the effect of the pill in actual fact is that you will start to feel the same effect in a short period of time later me personally one of the better meds don't have to take a lot of painkillers now

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman on Sat 20 Feb 2016, 08:55

Yep I take the same capsule 1 gam twice a day the pill is a very slow release and I have no problems with it for me it works great for pain and sleep now of course everybody is different

Cheers Wildthing

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 21:24

From what I have read, at age 55 they can no longer reduce your monthly disability VAC pension. However, prior to age 55 and they thought you had improved or you told them you had, then they could reduce your pension. †After age 55, they can no longer reduce it. They could increase it tho but if they felt that you improved within two years (or is it three?), they could go back to your fixed 55 year pension.
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 20:07

hope its 2 buds . drugs don't seem to help me a lot but the side effects I feel a lot . tried the non THC nabalone think it was called ran nabalone . didn't help a lot but fracked me up big time . was trying it for pain overnight and to help with sleep so I could take less of the other crap . didn't pan out . even without the THC I felt like I was on a bad high most of the next day.

I imagine it effects most people differently . give it a shot buds who knows ?

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 19:50

Okay said i would keep everyone updated on VAC dealing direct with my doctor buy sending her paperwork. That is what they did it was in regard to my OSI claim new paperwork to be filled out. She said it was very good paperwork better explaining effects of the injury asked a few questions to me and the wife. My OSI claim is stage three and this was pretty much paperwork geared to approving the claim. They know i will not see a shrink or take rehab and they want me to keep my ELB is the only thing i can figure as this is not normal SOP by vac. #1 They may not want my declaration to see the light of day or #2 they are actually starting to get it and want to help. I hope it is #2.

Picked up some THC capsules nabalone 0.5 mg have a low tolerance for medication anybody use these and what can i expect.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 06:40

Elb and sisip is the only thing they can take if their ignorant and sisip proved to me they were ignorant they can ignore medical evidence and say we are cutting you off. They are well trained in manipulation and how to take advantage of ones mental condition. PA they wouldn't dare try to touch that. if an injury's going to heal it will heal within a year after that it is a disability that will effect you for life once you are assesed a percentage it is always less than what you deserve for that injury i have never got a percentage that has come close to the pain and suffering i have endured for the injury and i receive the max for one still doesn't come close to compensating for that injury. Headspacing there is no percentage amount to cover that mother f----- and i will receive 0% because im already maxed out percentage wise with other injuries. So ladies and gentalmen they save more than they ever pay and don't give a crap about 10% here or there. This †NVC should allow each injury to be assesed to 100% for each injury. not max 100% total F---O-- now, thats not right.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 22:01

I think that they would have to have pretty strong evidence of fraud before reducing a person's PA pension. Even someone who is considered severely disabled can have good days, especially if they happen to have medication in them, and their symptoms can vary greatly from hour to hour. I know on the rare occurrence that I drink, after a couple of beers, paired with my meds, and I'm feeling very little pain, at least for a few hours. Unfortunately I'm not prepared to live my life being drunk and high all the time.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 21:30

Hi Binrat. Maybe your splitting too many hairs? Between PA and NVC there are consequential overlaps. Very few. I'm a dual client and got just about every alphabet soup they have.
I'm over 55 yet all the while wishing I could do cartwheels. Nope...

If VAC could wave a magical medical wand over me, I'd whistle shyte through my butt.
Until then... I'm not holding my breath for it.

Now then... who's post 2006, not 55 y/o that's injured. Let's just help one another aka csat.
CARRY ON!!!

About that confusion Navrat, it's locked in at 55 years old. Anyones old PA locks in for life.
It is the law of GoC..
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1242
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 19:29

My 55 year's old reference came from the Pension Act, from reading below I would assume only the pain and suffering portion is actually involved
But if I can recall somewhere as well, I think they can't or couldn't reduce one's Pension Act Award lower then 50%, so for example you have a
10% assessment - most they could lower it to was 5%, but I can't remember where I seen / read it, I'll keep an eye out for that part..

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/p-6/FullText.html Pension Act
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-16.8/FullText.html New Veterans Charter

Section 35 (2.1) Pension Act

They have this item about How extent a disability assessed (Pension Act)

How extent of disability assessed

(2) The assessment of the extent of a disability shall be based on the instructions and a table of disabilities to be made by the Minister for the guidance of persons making those assessments.

Under new veterans charter, section 47 and 48
Extent of disability

(2) The memberís or veteranís extent of disability in respect of that other paired organ or limb shall be considered to be 50% of the extent of disability at which the member or veteran would have been assessed at if the loss of, the permanent loss of the use of or the impairment of that paired organ or limb had occurred in circumstances in which a disability award would have been payable under section 45.

Marginal note:Increase in extent of disability

48 (1) If a member or a veteran to whom a disability award under section 45 or 47 has been paid, in whole or in part, establishes that their extent of disability has subsequently increased, the Minister may, on application, pay a disability award to the member or veteran that corresponds to the extent of that increase.

How extent of disability assessed (NVC)

51 (1) The assessment of the extent of a disability shall be based on the instructions and a table of disabilities to be made by the Minister for the guidance of persons making those assessments.

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 19:18

Binrat, the PA percentage, and the lump sums, are treated separately. So if your assessment for a disability pensioned under the PA increases to 13% from 10%, your monthly pension will increase by 5%. And if a disability that was awarded a lump sum is reassessed, and is increased by 3%, they will send a lump sum payment for 5%. The only exception is once you reach 100%.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next