Disabled veterans still await the government's plan

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Disabled veterans still await the government's plan

Post by bigrex on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 17:08

First off, I want to say that I do not know of any Veteran that was getting a PA pension that didn't work only because they were getting a monthly pension. If they were able to work, they did. I come from a military family, so almost everyone in my life, before getting medically released was military, or the child of a soldier. My father in law, was a Korean vet, who was getting a 100% PA pension, and since his release had owned his own garage, and then worked as a supervisor for the cleaning company in Gagetown until his health just got too bad. My dad, worked for the department of highways after being medically released, and worked for them for another 20 years, all while getting a PA pension. I get a PA pension as well, and worked for as long as I could after my medical release, even though I was classified as severely disabled. So their arguments are completely without merit.

And Helmets for Hardhats was a stolen concept from the States, where their armed forces are far more transitional, with far young veterans who get out after a few years while still healthy. It does not translate well to the Canadian Forces, where the vast majority serve 20 years, unless they are disabled. Not exactly the typical type of person that wants to, or capable of starting a career in construction.

Last edited by bigrex on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 17:19; edited 1 time in total
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3102
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 17:17

exactly big rex the monthly PA pension IS NOT part of the problem with vets transitioning into civilian life .

IT IS in fact part of the solution .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 17:21

Well I am really impressed by all in responding although some not agreeing with the other is perfectly fine..it shows we can disagree amongst one another without disrespecting one another.
That's what's it's all about respecting others even though you disagree..this keeps the conversation going which keeps the direction of the discussion in step.

So thank you to all for this an please continue to respond as to what it is you believe in giving your thoughts on the subject.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 17:25

Here's a thought trooper......

So glad to see that everyone who has read this article is not upset that Hehr is showing nothing but disrespect towards veterans. Who needs an update anyways right?
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 17:52

Teen ,

I agree with you that we all need an update from the MVA.

I would also say it's frustrating that his not given one an is occupied with other issues outside the Veterans file.

This we have been discussing in other topics for the last few days.

With respect to this article in question..yes it's the main heading of the article " Disabled veterans still await the government's plan "
Absolutely teen your right on the money... an further to this you reminding us is another good thing which fits right in to both the article heading an setting the discussion to reflect what the article states.

Now I could be wrong here an have no problem admitting that I'm wrong..when I read carefully through the article I see an read comments that reflect outside of what the main title say's..it's true that the article is responding to the main title..but the comments go beyond just what is needed by our Minister.
Further to this if you were to read each comment following mine..you will see where each member is responding in a way that reflects those comments..I for the life of me cannot see a problem with that..if I did..I would be taken away the rights of our members to voice their opinion which is not what I'm going to do..that is why I encouraged the members to continue posting their own beliefs on the subject.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 18:16

No disrespect teen, but the Tories were just as secretive. Last year, there was not one peep from O'Toole after the VA committee made their recommendations, and his announcements of those new benefits. There was no consultation with Veterans as to how to approach the gaps that had been identified. Heck, didn't even tell us that they were working on something. So, even though an update would be greatly appreciated, I'm not ready to gather a lynch mob, just yet. If you ask me, all of this could have been avoided if back in 2004-2005, if they felt that the PA was insufficient for getting people back to work, they could have beefed up the SISIP program, or introduced just the ELB. rehab programs without completely scrapping the PA. Pain and suffering compensation, and rehabilitation do not have to offset each other. they didn't have to take away from one, just to add to another.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3102
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 18:22

Teen does that bug me yes, are we going to get it fixed the way everyone wants no, is it going to be a fair system for all sure as hell hope so, do they want to release it in one big memo to cover up the flawed parts hell yes, were not stupid enough to fall for it, policy has to change that takes time the country is bordering recession the other two party's were going to balance the budget well they are a special kind of stupid and if the liberals think they can in 4yrs well their a special kind of stupid to. i can wait a couple months to see major improvement as the whole damn thing needs repaired.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 18:40

CSAT members I would like to pass on lessons I learned from politicians, Chiefs of Staff, Communication directors, ADM's and a couple of DM's.

This article is a "Issue Article". It is an article that is heavily monitored by the Ministers Staff because it is the very first article, by a respected reporter, that is confronting the Minister on his lack of updates to the veteran community. A community that was presented a very huge promise....reinstatement of the lifelong pension.

So when members dissect what the politicians said to the reporter. Dissect the military members situation. Start stating how to fix this or fix that instead of stating you are in agreement with the reporter eg "yeah why aren't we getting an update?" you are giving the sitting Minister a pass.

If the veterans are cool with how Minister Hehr is communicating with vets then he doesn't need to address the topic.

This makes reporters very frustrated and they move on to another issue. Usually a non veteran issue.

For the last month I have read on CSAT how you want updates. So when I saw that 6608 posted this I thought finally the issue is in the sights of reporters and CSAT members with their comments will encourage them to dig further into this lack of respect Minister Hehr is showing vets.

So it's time for CSAT members to voice their opinion on what they want to be updated with.

I would like to know if the bump to 90% for ELB/LTD is going to happen in this budget. I want an update on where the wellness centers are going to go. I want an update on where the DO's are going to open. I want an update on which departments in VAC are going to get the new hires. I want an update on what and how red tape is going to be reduced or eliminated.

So if all you want to do is dissect the comments in the article without dissecting the topic then go ahead. But remember any future chances of encouraging the press to help the vet community and they refuse well you now know why.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 18:48

I cant wait NOR should I have to . neither should anyone else . we should have seen or hered something significant by feb 1st . that time has come and past and still very little .

just about EVERYONE that posted on this article have posted there frustrations about the lack of info from the MVA MORE THAN ONCE BEFORE this arctical cam out so ya it pees moats if not all of us off . that's obvious to anyone .

and if this article didn't contain the politicians comments toing their respective party lines and pushing their parties agendas by planting that little fracking nugget in the publicks mind that the PA pension is not only expensive but bad for vets .

and only contained comments from people who were ACTUALLY effected by the buyout the topic of conversation would be vastly different and would be mostly about the lack of transparency .

but when politicians say the buyout is a good thing either directly or indirectly in ANY article weeeelllll guess what happens???

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 18:53

The only thing buying the time teen is the PM mandate letter fix it. You may get your chance to say na na told you so, only budget time will tell the tale.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 19:07

Including pounds of salt...

Just talking some thoughts of mine'

Pretty hard to exclude politics from our file darn it!

First off to Teen. With all due respect, could you please stop openly crucifying yourself as a veterans, political target? It really gets tiring no matter the personnal beefs or the political slants attached. Let it slide... like most of us do.

BigRex, hope your legs are getting better. You mentioned your Dad or anyone for that matter in receipt of PA while working. I fought, lied, tooth and nail in the same sit. working For YEARS just fracking suffering making the ends meet the whole while. IT SUCKS so don't do it anyone reading. You can't buy back the health you lost. Talking hindsight...

In the article Trooper, It ain't out of context when I quote...

“ While veterans such as Wilkins say offering pensions to everyone injured in uniform is an issue of fairness and equality, the move could also cost billions for a government already staring at a much larger deficit than originally promised.  “

My emphasis is on the BILLIONS folks. Tx for posting the article 6608.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 19:21

Great advice teen an great suggestion an I respect what your saying.

Here's my reaction to what you said an it is to be directed to all of the members of CSAT.

Please continue to post an respond to post the way you want to..continue doing what your doing in respecting the opinion of others rather you agree with it or not.

We are all on the same team an we are here to discuss , help each other , voice our beliefs , we are not here to force anything on anyone that's just not the way it is going to work.
We are not experts in any subject even though we may have some good knowledge on any particular subject...go ahead an post what it is you want...go ahead an respond the way you want...we all know the respect rule...don't be afraid to post on the site...there's always going to be topics that are controversial an disagreements are certainly going to happen...but as long as we can continue to respect one another that's all that counts.
So far I have noticed more people getting involved in posting...this is what I want to see...I want people to feel comfortable coming on CSAT knowing that what they write or how they respond will be accepted by all even though some may not agree with what is being said.
Were here to help one another on a wide range of topics that has to do with Veterans..the topics rather it be dealing directly with benefit help or indirectly with benefits help , same goes with opinions from different topics from what we see as being a direct effect or an indirect effect.
The last thing I want is for any one Veteran hold back on their opinion in fear of having repercussions brought against them...this is not what the site is about...not at all...it is suppose to be Veteran friendly an this is the way it's going to be.

So again...I thank all of you for respecting one another in our daily discussions...I thank all for being part of the team in posting on the forum as well as those who read the post posted...I certainly encourage all to continue posting an responding on CSAT as it is you..the members who make the site a success.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 19:30

I want my ID card !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 19:33

lmao @ navrat .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 19:43

LMAO @ Navvyrat.

btw... you have even decorum trooper. It's good.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top