Disabled veterans still await the government's plan

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Disabled veterans still await the government's plan

Post by Teentitan on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 21:01

Pinger, with all due respect, have you even thought of asking some of your fellow CSAT members to stop throwing political shots at me?

I have let it go many times. But when it's openly thrown in my face then don't expect me to take it and let it go. Would you?

Wildthing I'm not looking for retribution. I have said it before and I will say it again the Libs won the Cons lost I totally accept it.

What I want now is to make sure the Liberals keep the promises they made to veterans. That's all I want and I expect all of you to want the same.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 21:38

Teen for the final time i did not pick a party i picked my fellow vet's JT offered us the best deal thats it in a nut shell, it is hard for us to think of TFSA when it was a challenge to pay the bills vets want and deserve fair treatment and security and a roof over their heads and dignity not to much to ask for in my book. So lets throw the political party's out the window and see what the budget brings.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 21:50

"The Liberal's are in over their head and haven't got a clue of how they are going to go forward"

"it's getting very boring because you bloody Liberls can't understand as a VETERAN I want an update"

Teen, comments like the ones above are why some people may take shots at you. just saying. Right now, We don't know if the Liberals are over their heads on our file or not. And we won't until we see the legislation. As far as the subject of the article is concerned, yes Veterans, including myself, are getting frustrated by the lack of communication. What gets me is how you seem you accuse others of not getting upset enough about the lack of an update, yet defend the opposition politicians, who took the opportunity to shoot down the promises, instead of just discussing the lack of updates. IF they truly cared about Veterans, and not just their personal political beliefs, they would be requesting updates on how and when the promises will be fulfilled, purely because they will benefits Veterans. Instead they chose to politicize it, by claiming that these benefits will not only hurt Veterans, but somehow bankrupt the country. If reinstating pensions costs a great deal more for the claims after 2006, it's only because they were greatly underpaid during those years. After all, the monthly pensions going forward aren't going to cost any more than they would have, had the NVC not switched to lump sum awards in the first place.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3102
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 02:02

Rex so your ok with Nav's comment

That's what you Conservatives just can't understand!

is ok to make towards me?  So in your opinion I'm supposed to just ignore that?  Don't know about you but if you want to sling it you better be prepared to receive it.

Over the last 4/5 years you guys had no problem getting upset with politicians, Cons or NDP  and that is what kept the topic in question alive with reporters.  When I talked to those reporters over the years the comments about CSAT postings were acknowledged and appreciated because your comments made them curious which led to them investigating further.

But for some reason there is finally a reporter interested in the lack of communication on the vet file and you all go silent.  When I posted my first comment there was 97 views and only three "passive" comments and troopers opinion on what the politicians said.  Frankly I was surprised there was no comment from anyone agreeing with the reporter.

I am trying to keep the pressure on the Minister so the press keeps interested and continues to dig deeper into the veteran file.  But if you guys don't want to go after Hehr the way you did with the various Conservative Ministers over the last 5 years to get the reporters to dig deeper into the problem then don't bother commenting.

But feel free to keep accusing me of defending the Cons and NDP which I am not doing.  Can't figure out how to get it across to you guys that the political party I wanted to win the election lost and I'm ok with that.  But I am not going to be passive in my comments on what I think of how the Liberals are handling the file.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 05:45

Propat...sorry in taking so long to respond to what you wrote on page one...got caught up into something else....basically along those lines is what I was saying in responding to the comments...Idiots...perhaps you can use that word... but I was giving my opinion in responding to the comments that in my mind are comments made with perhaps good intention but do not take into consideration the whole picture of reality in what both O'Toole an Stoffer said.
I think both of these individuals are missing the point in the comments they made...an to be honest it's quite insulting to a lot of Veterans who read such comments.
I was trying to explain that such comments do not help nor address the main problem that is standing in front of Veterans today.
Before you can succeed in fixing something... you need to start at the top an fix the main problem ( FIRST )
What both O'Toole an Stoffer are doing is using words to defend what they view as what they think to be the problem...but at the same time defending the NVC by giving their opinion on where they see the need for individuals who are disabled to find a civilian career an where the funds for those disabled individuals should be put in the right place.
I think that kind of mindset is a dangerous mindset in the fact that they don't address the main problem first...the main problem being the taking away of the lifelong pension....this has to be where the priority is if you want to succeed in fixing the problem...straying away from this by using examples of benefits or suggesting putting the funds where their needed the most is bypassing tackling the main issue which solves absolutely nothing.
I was also trying to make the point of how serving members of the forces are unique an that is why the lifelong pension was in place pre 2006 in the first place...an further to this...defending something that takes away our unique value in what we do as serving military members is not helping anyone...in fact it's down right insulting.
I think both Stoffer an O'Toole need to come to grips with reality an start looking at the whole picture of things before they make such ridiculous comments.
The NVC is bad no matter which way you stand to defend it...taking away the lifelong pension has taken away the very uniqueness that every single serving member deserves...it puts us into a whole different category of showing the respect an thanks for what each serving member has provided in serving our Country.
It also puts us inline with the outside work population which again takes away our uniqueness.
The RCMP refused it because it was a bad deal period...don't try an twist this around in any way shape or form...it is a fact that must be recognized an understood.
Again we had the Conservatives in power for ten years...this was bad for all Veterans...again don't try an twist this in any way shape or form...it also is a fact an must be recognized an understood.
Now we have the Liberals making promises to fix the main problem head on...it's certainly true that there's skepticism floating around that they will get this done an done right...an absolutely after the way the Conservatives neglected Veterans for ten years...it's understandable that Veterans are wanting to hear more come out from our Minister.
I would agree that a lot are anxious to hear more news including myself...an I hope we get more news soon...but we cannot an must not forget that it is the Liberals today that have the proper mindset in doing what's right for all Veterans.

In closing I will say that I'm not impressed with the comments made by both O'Toole an Stoffer...but I will also say that both have done good work in the past for Veterans an like anyone else have every right to voice their opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 06:54

Trooper i agree with your comments on o'toole and stoffer it just goes to show veterans need to stick together and not latch on to a political party it is our only chance and defense against these idiots and others like them.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 07:44

Exactly! Well said wildthing.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 07:54

Both are entitled Men status and politically.
                O'toole...pensioned officer/politician with all perks and entitlements
                 Stoffer...politician for years and pensioned plated to the gold standard
                                  NO COMMENTS FROM THESE TWO WOULD BE APPRECIATED.  
BUT,,,,,,,

Medically released soldier:
               1.Spin the wheel and let it spin and what you get is what you get!
No more of this.  I am on a mission. I will not use the media, I will use word of mouth. I am not a mushroom and neither is anyone else reading these post. I will peek into Legions and say hello and pass on the word to veterans and also to still active members.  Honestly, if it is not going to happen the way they promised, then doing something about it is better then doing nothing......

BUT......another thing, that article may also be serving the GOC to their own benefit.  The general public may be like,,,, he received so much $$$, what is his problem. Uniquely his problem is that he was in the military and is injured and was medically released and is now going to be in a financial crisis due to his inability to perform his prior duty protecting Canada at all cost up to and including his life.  So, now housing maybe lost, family issues are arising, he is still waiting answers??? come on!!!
STRESS!!!
When I see any soldiers saluting a politician at this point in time........it means nothing to me and I chuckle, because apparently we mean nothing to a politician......
I think I watched a little too much Spartacus.....lmfao....
and as where we stand now at this point in time with GOC, "they", the GOC every day is delaying our rights to regain our rightfully signed agreed to contract of the sacred obligation which was in our possession, under the claim of title of compensation under the agreed to PA through legal procedure and to our asserted right to these Pension Acts made for us and decided by Canada years ago, so why the change??? now we see the outcome, suicide, homelessness and mental illness.  

done ranting for now, tired on living on hope.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 08:59

ok trooper got ya buds but ya they are IDIOTS !!!! what the reporter or his editor were thinking when they let these comments from these two idiots appear in this article are beyond me.

thought it was suppose to be about the governments lack of transparency on the lifetime pension . and it starts out that way for sure with a guy negatively effected by the buyout and his frustration with the lack of info form this government about what they are doing on this issue .

then when you think you might see an objective other side of the story thing say comments from the MVA , his secretary the PM or some other various libs defending their silence or ya people like these two idiots complaining about the governments lack of info .... well we go right out to left field for frack sakes .

I mean WHAT THE FRACK HAPPEND HERE ANYWAY????

the intent of the article was great but by adding the comments from these two but clowns who said very little if anything about the governments lack of transparency but defended the buyout with just about EVERY word they used along their party lines the fracking article ended up being about weather the buyout is a good thing or not .

NVC vets on one side of the issue and the people that hate them on the other you know politicians the legion and people of that ilk .

the reason the conversation about this article SEEMS to go off the rails is because the article itself DID go off the rails .

the BUYOUT debate is over .

it has been weighed

it has been measured

and it has been found WANTING and in a very big way!!!!

that's it that's all.

the REAL question is . what are we going to do about it? only the libs know that and we need the answers YESTERDAY !!!! rehashing old already settled debates as this article does isn't really helping with that as you can very well see.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 09:05

Teen, I did not see the 'You" when I read his post, but you do identify as a conservative, and voted for them in spite of their track record and lack of any real promises for improvements on our file. Many of us here do not identify as a supporter of any one party, but simply as Veterans, and would vote for any party that offers the best supports for Veterans. Many of us thought that meant voting NDP until the campaign, and saw that the vast majority of NDP promises were geared towards the over 55 crowd, and the Liberals promised what they did. And if you remember, when O'Toole was first promoted to MVA, even though we were skeptical, many of us tried giving him the benefit of doubt, that as a Veteran himself, that he would actually listen and act on what Veterans, and the HoC committee, had been asking for, even though he was extremely quiet leading up to the announcements last spring. But his starting point were recommendations that had been made, while Herh's starting point was specific promises that had been made. So we know the what, we just don't know the who, when and how yet.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 09:35

Exactly Big rex!
and that is all part of the ongoing frustration.  He keeps "the mva" reiterating back to wait for the implementation of the mandate set forth by the PMO, hell even Mayors of major Canadian cities are still awaiting on funding, so us Pee ons better get in line and wait as well I guess.
The budget will be the key and there are a lot of brilliant minds on CSAT to unscramble the puzzle, which I am sure they "goc" are putting together as we sit and wait. CSAT members have been accurately dissecting this F- up from the beginning. The time line posts speak for themselves and how accurate they reflect the feeling of the greater Veterans community.

Wait and see and looking forward to hearing the upcoming announcements by the MVA, I am sure he is as eager to announce something as well. He is sworn into secrecy when sworn to be a Minister, so I respect that and pass no fault to him for that.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 09:41

Now Mr. Trudeau, push the transfer the funds button on the key board, which can be done by pushing the "enter" button, it is usually the bigger button on the right of the keyboard. Stop holding us in a state of LIMBO,,,, the dance is over. Press the send button and let the economy grow and spend the money before it all goes to......
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 11:41

Rex so what if I'm a conservative? Why does that give people on CSAT the right to hurl it in my face whenever I make a comment they don't agree with? I'll gurantee that I am not the only peron on CSAT that is a conservative. But when they see how they will be crucified if they say so then why should they say anything? Just because someone has a belief other then the herds belief should not give them the right to ridicule and belittle that person. It's called respect the other person Rex and quite frankly whenever I post something it is always twisted around that I am defending the conservatives when I'm not.

Trooper what you wrote about Stoffer and O'Toole is correct and I was informing you that is what the debate was about for 10 years. NVC is better then the PA. They saw it as a good act and the advocates on the other side of the table were saying no it's not.

The Cons came up with benefits that would only reach a small percentage of veterans and the advocates said not good enough because you are only helping the moderate to severly injured to barely stay above the poverty line.

They said it's a fair system and we showed them it wasn't because our job required a higher standard of health then civy street therefore you cannot make our "workmans comp" program weaker then theirs.

My post was intended to keep the issue of the Libs not being transparent when it comes to the veteran file. They made a lot of promises other then the lifelong pension that need to be kept in the spotlight. Something I was trying to motivate comments from CSAT members so the press will remain interested in pursuing.

One more thing I have to disagree with that I am reading too often lately is this Mandate Letter. About as binding as paper handcuffs. If Hehr was the only Minister to have his mandate letter made public then it could be leveraged against him if he wasn't doing the job. But Trudeau made every ministers letter public. So all we can do is add any failures from Hehr's letter to all the other ministers failures. Or to simply put it a bigger broken promise (and there is a lot of them) will minimize broken promises to veterans.

Another point I'd like to get opinions on is if we give the minister a hall pass until the budget just how are vet issues ignored in the budget going to stack up to other budget dissapointments? If you want vet issues to be important it helps to have the press being on our side and hammering the minister up to the eve of the budget. The press at times has the attention span of a goldfish so it is our responsability to keep pressure on the minister by keeping the press involved.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 14:30

Teen, the only reason you have received any backlash for your political beliefs was because you basically called everyone here stupid for voting for someone other than Harper, and repeatedly making comments about how they are over their heads, and clueless, and now accusing the Liberals and Hehr of breaking numerous campaign promises, and not just with Veterans, before even waiting for their first budget. It's just like when Harper said that the NDP government in Alberta was a disaster, before they had even chosen a caucus. Just because someone has a different political view does not make them automatically wrong, nor does it make them right. But we at least have to wait and see how they will govern. Trudeau is NOT his father, just like I am not my father, and you are not your father. He has his own mind, and will make his own decisions, some will be wrong, some may be perfect, but at least give him to chance to make those decisions before making accusations. in 2006, I voted for Harper, because I thought that he would bring about change, but when that change turned out to be for the worse, I started looking elsewhere, and voted for the NDP, and would have again, had the Liberal veterans platform not read like a Christmas wish list. And in four years, if the Liberals have failed to earn my vote again, I will once again be looking at the other parties. Heck, even the Tories are looking better without Harper at the helm
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 14:42

Trudeau and Kent have not broken any promises as of yet. Teen you are 100 percent blinded by your Conservative passion, tell us what the liberals have done so far that is any indication that they will break there promises? Just because Otoole states something doesn't make it right in fact Otoole real thoughts and ideas came out in that article! They got elected in Nov and are making sure they get it right not like the Cons who pulled out fake benefits and promises that helped very very very few veterans! Like it or not Harper had 10 years and blew it, get over it, instead of following a dictator with blinders on, open your eyes to the fact that any improvement that Trudeau brings in will be more than Mr ID card Otoole or did you forget fantino could ever have brought in. If you really felt this way towards improvements and the PA for veterans why the heck did you advocate, talk about being in the pocket of Harper, do what's best and support the party that will actually improve veterans benefits!

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top