Disabled veterans still await the government's plan

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Disabled veterans still await the government's plan

Post by Trooper on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 14:54

Rex your absolutely correct..they got four years to prove their loyalty towards what they promised to Veterans.

I think or would hope they know this..let see how they handle the lifelong pension..this to me is the big test.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5253
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 15:03

Go to the CVA Facebook page and read what Mike said regarding the Otoole comments and how the PM Trudeau personally assured him things are being taken care of!

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 15:19

You know I could answer the very offensive comments made by Rex and Navrat but no matter how many times I try to explain or try to prove I am not a 100% blinded conservative. That I don't like the financial side of the NVC. No matter what I write you will only twist it around to make me look like you want.....even when I agree with what you are saying.

So go ahead carry on....
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3243
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 15:39

Sometimes we don't always see what others can ! That's why it's good to step back and reflect, think, maybe it's the way I'm saying it that's coming across as wrong!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 15:53

Navrat wrote:Go to the CVA Facebook page and read what Mike said regarding the Otoole comments and how the PM Trudeau personally assured him things are being taken care of!

Canadian Veterans Advocacy
Yesterday at 1:05am · Niagara Falls, ON, Canada ·

This is disappointing.

On several levels.

First of all, the Liberal party of Canada has made definitive promises to the veterans community during the election period. These promises have been reflected by the mandate letter the Prime Minister of Canada sent to Minister Hehr. There have been significant promises, particularly in reference to equality in recognition of national sacrifice, made. As an advocacy, we fully intend on keeping the government to these promises. These promises directly reflect the Canadian Veterans Advocacy harmonization approach on all primary levels, we have been engaged on these principles for the past three years, we will not stand idly back and let others distort or coerce the promises that have been made.
We will, of course, engage the current government with all due diligence the moment, should that time come, it becomes clear that they are not going to fulfil their obligation.
I was very disappointed by $$$$$ comments by the former Veterans Affairs Minister O’Toole. During his mandate, it was his responsibility to deal with the Equitas lawsuit on behalf of the wounded and engage their representatives to resolve this issue. Considering his $$$$ comments, one can only ask if these relations were conducted in good faith as it is pretty clear it was not the wellbeing of the wounded that was his priority, but the conservative mantra of putting $$$$ over the sacred obligation they have to those they have sent to war and have suffered the consequences therein and getting out of the lawsuit on the cheap. This is not surprising considering the Conservative Government claimed that they Had NO SACRED OBLIGATION to Canada’s sons and daughters and as such, the plaintiffs suit had no merit (paraphrasing) and should be dismissed

This is very disappointing to me on another level. The NEW Veterans Affairs critic for the Conservative Party Canada had reached out. A newbie, uncontaminated by the past. I appreciated the effort, spoke to the need to adapt to the situation, to recognize the Liberal government made significant promises and to work TOGETHER, to stand with us, not against us, in demanding accountability. Now it appears the cons will attack on the fiscal aspect, they will attempt to deny the wounded justice and full retroactivity by citing the same crap ad infinitum, there is no money, we all got to bite the bullet in tough times….

Many of Canada’s sons and daughters have done more than bite it!
We have already paid the price, we do every single day that we live in pain and suffering as a consequence to our service.
This is something Mr O’Toole and the conservatives refuse to recognize or respect!
I will send this blurb to new critic and call on phone next week to discuss position.

If they will not stand with us, if they will not rise to the challenge of holding a government responsible for its promises, the status quo remains. We will engage them pro actively every time they attempt to obstruct full compliance of electoral promises of promote standards that do not reflect the Sacred Obligation.

There must be justice. There must be equality in recognition of national sacrifice.
This is going to cost considerable amount of money. It will be a fight to ensure that our veterans are treated with the same level of respect as our other disenfranchised communities within the nation. Veterans have already paid the price once, we have suffered and will continue to have pain and suffering for the rest of our lives. It is profoundly unfair to deny justice on the premise of economic or financial discord, as to have the Conservatives done since day one, to dismiss and marginalize our sacrifice!

I have spoken to the Prime Minister of Canada directly on this issue. Several times. MR O’Toole was not in the room. He has promised me personally that he will fulfil the Sacred Obligation, that there will be equality in recognition of national sacrifice, that there will be full retroactivity for those who have been disenfranchised. That is the objective, ladies and gentlemen, there is no substitute for equality!

Everybody steady up and stay focused, there are very important issues on the table, dialogue is ongoing at significant levels. I have meetings with the Minister of Veterans Affairs and the Deputy Minister when we launch our first advocacy mission of 2016 when Parliament resumes week next. The lines of communications are open, the weeks parliamentary – DN schedule is as robust as I can conduct without health adversities and I can assure you that the dialogue will be forthright, respectful, sincere, focused on the pledges that were made and our expectations of full compliance therein.

Michael L Blais CD
President and Founder – Canadian Veterans Advocacy.

Last edited by Sparrow on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 20:05; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 15:55

What very offensive things have I said? please point out what I have said that is so offensive. I didn't resort to name calling, or claimed you said anything that you didn't. If you feel like you are being attacked, I'm sorry, that was never my intent. I was merely pointing out that you have played your part, in any of the heated conversations about partisan issues, and that you are far from being a victim.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3078
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 16:12

Thanks Sparrow! A lot of people are upset that Otoole as a veteran, was so sneaky and was actually working against us, this is a lesson to every Veterans rights supporter, nothing is what it seems!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 16:35

Before you read what I'm about to write..I am not pointing fingers at anyone..I am not discouraging anyone from posting an responding..I am simply asking that we put one issue to rest.

With regards to the exchanges between some members including myself , an teen , I think it's safe to say that both sides have made their points quite clear..an any further disagreements between both parties is only going to escalate things further..which I'm sure both parties would agree..so let's chalk this one up as both sides making their points an put this matter to rest.

We will continue the discussion with the article posted by 6608.

Thanks
Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 17:13

What blais didn't point out was that the real peter stoffer just stood up. find that unsettling in an advocate, should have ripped him a new one too. Advocates are not there to make friends their there to fight for veterans rights.If they cannot tell it as it is and stand up against all negative comments and actions towards veterans even those of a friend then it is time to step aside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 17:59

I think with Stoffer...he worked a lot with older Veterans who were all on the old pension act..most if not all of those Veterans concerns wouldn't be with the NVC as most if not all of them wouldn't even know it exist an those that do know very little about it.
That is where Stoffer got his input from..older Veterans.. that is why Stoffer said the statements he did..he made the same mistake O'Toole made.. the only difference between the both..O'Toole was in a position to make a difference.
Nothing is going to change their mindset..even if the Liberals pull off the lifelong pension those who support the NVC are going to continue to support it.
What ever happen to one Veteran , one standard ?
One thing I'd like to know is if their so set on getting medically released Veterans back to work..why are they releasing them in the first place ?
Wait a minute..got it..it's because once your no longer capable to answer the call of duty..you can no longer serve in the service.
Hold on now...are they admitting that all service members signed up to answer the call ?
Isn't this why all medically service members pre 2006 were eligible to apply for benefits that if approved..could receive the lifelong pension from the old pension act ?
Why is it O'Toole an Stoffer don't talk about that ? Why is it those pro NVC don't talk about that ?
They sure talk about everything else..makes a whole lot of sense doesn't it.

Wild Thing , one thing about Mike he will stay on top of the Liberals , making sure each promise is fulfill , he has no problem going public if they neglect fulfilling any one of those promises.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 18:18

Agreed Trooper, I understand where wild thing is coming from, we all thought Stoffer , especially Stoffer had our back, Otoole he's a veteran and also was the new face of VAC! Now to hear these comments it's like a stab in the back! Who can you trust? I don't know? But at this point all we got is a new PM , with a nice haircut, and a MVA who understands disability, the guys in a wheelchair, who have made public a promise, laid it on the line, so until I hear different, which is the upcoming budget, it's all we got because if they won't fix it, we're in shytes creek because nobody will. These guys seem to be honouring at least there election promises, the tax cut, the refugees, reinstating the public sector sick days.. So let's all hope it's true because it's veterans who need it that will benefit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 19:59

Navrat... absolutely it's all about Veterans who need it..like I said before a lot of these post 2006 injured Veterans are not fully aware of what the difference is between the lump sum an where they would stand with the old pension act..until they finally realize what they missed out on..then it's a real kick in the head for them an to just forget them is just not looking after them.
Hopefully  the Liberals will straighten things out an implement it in a way that's inline with the old lifelong pension.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top