Promises kept, broken, in progress during Trudeau's first 100 days in power

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Promises kept, broken, in progress during Trudeau's first 100 days in power

Post by Trooper on Thu 11 Feb 2016, 17:40

According to this the re opening of those 9 offices closed is the only thing in progress with our file.

PROMISES IN PROGRESS

Reopen nine Veterans Affairs offices closed by the previous Conservative government.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/canada/1341411-promises-kept-broken-in-progress-during-trudeaus-first-100-days-in-power
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5265
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Promises kept, broken, in progress during Trudeau's first 100 days in power

Post by Trooper on Thu 11 Feb 2016, 19:08

Navrat ..I got the exact same attitude !!

It's all about looking after those lump sum NVC soldiers.

If were going to stand for what's right for Veterans..we should all stand together regardless of what situation were in.

Those individuals did not write the NVC ..they had no part in the process of writing it..they should be entitled to what was in place pre 2006.

No matter which way you try an twist it around such as Rehab , Schooling , other benefits brought forward it is unfair...they need to come to grips with reality an fix it the way it use to be so that we can again.. say..one Veteran..one standard.

With regards to what's expected in the budget..the 325 million for Veterans has been said by the Liberals way back before they even sent out the mandate letter to our MVA.
So I'm not surprised it was mentioned as something that is expecting.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 00:04

Good article trooper. But hell, I couldn't even find the 9 offices in it.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you Navrat and I hear you.
" I'm a full grandfathered PA pensioner and I'm not proud that when I sit beside a NVC guy who is no different than myself... "
True enough. Absolutely NOT to overlook or minimize post 2006 folks where there is emphasis these days, but I don't forget
much older PA folks then myself who are scrapping by badly.

KEEP PERSONNEL POLITICS OUT OF IT!!!
Let's just help each other, and hold the GoC accountable.

Put their feet to the fire... not each others.

Stay well.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 00:04

Last edited by pinger on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 00:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : duplicate?)
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 06:01

Thanks ladies and gentleman for being in our corner! It is greatly appreciated! We NVC guys are getting the crappy end of the stick , but it is more then that.  Have we all not been through the  ringer? If not through our experience in the military, but now the years of agonizing waiting to receive what? a B.S response in the mail.....which like all, we sit there, get angry, put the letter aside and strategies.  
I currently now have two advocates helping me.  Two advocates from BPA,  stress!!!  Yes, but when you are called a liar and given a raw deal because they did not give you the benefit of the doubt, come on boys! Being an AB you had absolute control over me and you (the CF) released me (MEDICALLY).  Suffering is just a part of my daily routine and I am almost use to it.
PS......TIC TOC TIC TOC
DELAY>>>>>>>>>>>>>DENY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DIE

Quick fact: I started this agonizing process in 2003, thirteen years later and it is still not over............and it will be never be over until they correct their mistakes.  
You do not ever throw a soldier to the curb, because when that soldier gets back up from that curb, especially being wronged by VRAB/VAC  it could lead to a big political shit storm.........
Navrat................I am as pretty as Trudeau, maybe even prettier it would be easy to make a comparison....
Medically released soldier joined at 18 and screwed for years or
Politician, No life experience , No dangerous deployments and apparently a gold plated pensions.
The Canadian people would rather see the Medically released soldier doing well, opposed to a political boot licker .

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN WE WILL PREVAIL ! ! !
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1078
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 06:29

$325,000,000 for pensions? Is this additional funding? not sure how they will divide that amount up to me it doesn't seem like much. For Pensions! is the key word in that statement.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1078
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 07:25

well danny it all comes down to the math buds . buyouts are a huge down the road savings BUT in terms of annual budget when it firsts starts especially during and for many years after a war it leads to huge increases in the ANNUAL BUDGET . its simply because instead of giving a disabled member who qualifies one year of PA pension your giving him a buyout this year equivalent equivalent to 5- 10 years of a PA pension OR enough to pay him AND 4-9 other guys the PA pension THIS YEAR .

so the current budget would have allowed for ALL validated claims to be payed the BUYOUT and who knows but perhaps contains an EXTRA 200 million in it that will be returned to the general coffers at years end .

IF no money is added to the ANNUAL BUDGET THIS YEAR and the PA pension is re-established for every guy that gets paid the PA pension under the new budget there would be enough left over in the allotted funds to pay another 4-9 people form past buyouts with the same claim percentage their PA pension THIS COMMING YEAR as well .

yup some guys will be payed retro and some guys will have to pay back that will probably equal out but that's just a guess . yup the buyouts should be forgiven but cant see that happening .

add to those facts that the current BUDGET may be over by 200 mil the amount of extra funding required for this really isn't the bank breaker our enemies seem to be always crying about .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 11:27

If the PA penison is re-established, and they attempt to have Vets payback money given to them, I think there will be a crap storm of protests and court action on that one. But what do I know, just my thoughts. What does everyone else think on that? VVV...
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 11:51

Danny...my understanding is that the $325 million is to provide increase support for Veterans.

The Liberals have estimated this to be over an above what's allotted in term of available funds for Veterans affairs from budgets.

The Liberals also say that the $325 million is estimated annually moving forward.

In other words this is what the Liberals estimate their commitment promises to cost.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 12:25

well johny could be but its my belief that a legal challenge in that regard would not go very far . all the NVC guys I know do not have a problem with it but to be fair most were busted early on in the war so they would be getting back retro a couple quite a bit .

like I said love to see the buyouts forgiven but you know what governments are like ...

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 12:57

Well if they do forgive the lump sums they will be forgiving..if I'm not mistaken around $2.8-billion.

This is the estimated amount paid out to lump sum Veterans since the NVC was implemented.

Roughly 76000 Veterans..is what I believe were paid lump sums..since implementation of the NVC.

I have a bad feeling that what the Liberals will bring forward will come nowhere near what the PA offered in terms of the lifelong pension.

That is why they will hold off as long as they can before both..giving us updates..an implementing it.
Of course I could be wrong an hope to god I am..but without updates..what's one to think ?
Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 13:29

yup 2.8 billion is a chunk of change and if they bring back the PA pension it will eventually cost them 9-10 times that down the road that's kinda why im thinking they will not forgive the buyouts .

buds if a government is in the proses of doing something they know they can do and everyone will like "opposition politicians aside " they normally don't mind telling you what they are up to.

if its something people will not like that's normally when they keep their mouths shut and hope they get it done without anyone finding out till its done.

that's why im getting that uneasy feeling as well.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 14:21

Propat..were on the same page buds !
Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 14:28

propat - ya I hear you when you say that keeping their mouths shut, until its actually read out
at budget time, which is scary. I was just trying to sort in my head how they would do a payback too
DVA. I am one of those maybe old timers out there who fall under both the old and NVC. And
I am sure there are lots of us. Didn't get alot on the new, so was just wondering. I would think, that they
would at least tell the stakeholders prior, but I could be wrong on that also. VVV...
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 15:46

well buds the norm for government employees paying back pensions even in the military is to pay back a small percentage over time . I don't really see them straying from this . if that's the case you would still get your PA but if you owe they would subtract a small amount from that check every month .

love to see them forgive it and who knows maybe they will all we can do is hope right now .

propat

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top