Royal Canadian Legion / Topics & Posted Articles

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Royal Canadian Legion / Topics & Posted Articles

Post by RobbieRoyal on Mon 02 Dec 2013, 16:46

sometimes being a fly on the wall is better than fly shit in your pepper lol, I wish I was Teen for a day damn some of this legendary conversation would be front and centre in the press just so everyone could see how stupid authority actually is, good one buddy
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1697
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Wed 04 Dec 2013, 20:34

Guess Romeo crashed his car on parliament hill....blamed PTSD effects. He has PTSD bad no doubt...but its from guilt.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Thu 05 Dec 2013, 06:12

I like you Rags finally someone has it right but please note over paid Senator
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 05 Dec 2013, 07:41

wow every time I say that I get mean looks from civvies say my father (ex army) and others.

of corse when I praise MAC they liken his military actions to someone preparing for a political career.

is there that big a difference between reality and public perception ore is it just me???

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Thu 05 Dec 2013, 11:04

You can say it to each other via pm not on an open forum. He is a vet and that word was an attack on his character so I have edited it out.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3209
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Thu 05 Dec 2013, 11:44

When your decisions caused the lives of your soldiers and you had a chance to save them as you observed there murder and you don't for fear of your own skin and you drive away to leave them to their fate, people must question why you are a Senator and why you claim to support and speak for soldiers who have suffered in combat. Even when given benefit of the doubt and you go to a meeting with the commander of the troops down the street that are murdering your soldiers and you don't do something!!!!!! and carry on with the meeting, you seriously compromise your ability to be taken seriously by those soldiers friends and the military community as a whole. In my view you lose the right to call yourself a veteran and speak for us.  
Rags

Teen - I do agree with you that for veterans and honorable soldiers we must hold our comments back if they challenge there character.....in this case he does not have that protection. But on second reflection I have edited out the harsh statements and inserted a more relaxed approach to my point about no one wants to hear from him.

Last edited by Rags on Fri 06 Dec 2013, 07:16; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Heavily edited out harsh approach and better crafted to reflect my point without calling a spade a spade.)

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Thu 05 Dec 2013, 12:16

Rags I totally agree with you. But the rules of the CSAT are language and attacking a veterans character so that's why I had to edit.

CSAT does not need to turn into an open forum, (visited by many MP's, reporters, academics), where there is no control which turns CSAT into TMZ!

I appreciate it that everyone follows the rules but we are all human and slip up. Heck even I've slipped up but this is a 'respectful' veterans chat room.

To let everyone know I get many emails thanking the members who speak out. Or it's a place where they come and realize it's ok to talk about PTSD and admit you have it without being ridiculed. Or the email I love getting...

"I've almost built up the courage to register and speak about my problems."

That's an email everyone on the CSAT can pat themselves on the back receiving. You all open, share, and help each other and those visitors that drop by too. Keep up the good work people we are making a difference.

1-800-268-7708.

This phone number is vital at this time of the year. When you call they will help you immediately, find a councilor in your area and hand you over to that councilor. Or they direct you to go in the right direction to help someone you see is in crisis.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Thu 05 Dec 2013, 15:33

I agree with you both that is why I would love to talk to Romeo rather than blithe his fast and furious attempt, oh come on was i the only one thinking that
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Fri 06 Dec 2013, 07:07

Teen Im loving the TMZ reference....Robby F&F also very funny. You all lightened my day. No matter how accurate and true my statement you are right I should ease the vengeance I attached to a point I was making when it involves a Vet even if he is the worst kind of leader.
Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Legion Letter Writing Campaign

Post by teentitan on Fri 17 Oct 2014, 11:56

All;

As you will recall, we sent a News Release expression our disappointment with the government’s response to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Veterans Affairs (ACVA) Third Report entitled: “The New Veterans Charter: Moving Forward” which was unanimously adopted and distributed in June 2014. We are now rallying all Legion members, and all Canadians, to join us in calling for action from this government. We are launching a letter writing campaign effective immediately.

Attached you will find instructions on how to participate in the campaign. We have also posted a YouTube video expressing the same sentiments. Please give this the widest distribution possible and ensure that every Legion branch is made aware of this campaign and encouraged to participate. Should you receive any media enquiries, the talking points that you will need are found in the letter (attached). If you would prefer you are more than welcome to forward any media requests to Dominion Command.

http://www.legion.ca/fr/appel-a-laction-sur-la-nouvelle-charte-des-anciens-combattants/ French

http://www.legion.ca/call-for-action-on-the-new-veterans-charter/ English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAMIUeB3mks&feature=youtu.be / Bilingual
teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 18 Oct 2014, 09:43

WOW let me check for a recommendation to end the buyout . ahh I see its just not their . some good stuff their I THINK some of it very ambiguous . still just half measures . ya I realize most legion members are on the old VA system and ending the buyout does absolutely nothing for them sure I get that . I see the list of half measure recommendations could help NVC clients AND VA clients as well and ya I get that as well . do for others only if you can do for yourself as well.

dunno what to do with this .

discussed and disillusioned.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sat 18 Oct 2014, 10:18

I completely agree with you propat. The report's recommendations were too vague, and the response even stated that they did not fully understand how the ELB recommendation would work. As far as ending the lump sum, I just do not see this government ever doing anything about that, even if God himself spoke to Harper, he would only accuse him of being a Liberal hack, or a patsy for the unions. So I think that more effort should be put into getting promises from the opposition parties, to end the buy out after the next election, if they gain power. And they wouldn't even have to totally eliminate the lump sum, just give the Veteran a choice. After all, if I was some young guy and had a minor disability, and was assessed at 5%, or an aging Veteran, I might prefer a lump sum, over the extra few hundred dollars a month. Maybe return to the pension for life, like under the PA, but give the veteran an option to receive X numbers of years, up front. So if I choose to get 5 years worth of payments up front, I get the lump sum, with yearly top ups to account for indexing. Then after 5 years, the veteran can then choose to get another lump sum, or start the monthly deposits. Some people would likely make better use out of a large lump sum, every few years, rather than a monthly payment that barely covers going out to dinner and a movie these days.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3047
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Sat 18 Oct 2014, 11:24

One thing I forgot to mention when I made this posting is at this years Dominion Command Meeting a resolution was put forth by

the Legion that they are pulling their approval on the NVC until there is significant changes and the NVC actually becomes what it was said to be...a living document.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say this is a pretty big resolution as the Legion may have put their yearly grant from VAC in jeopardy. The grant is for travel expenses for Legion members to visit veterans in homes or check up on veterans who still live in their home.

If they really want to put a choke hold on the system they should call a press conference and remove their Service Officers from representing vets and actually go on strike at every location a VRAB hearing is being conducted.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 18 Oct 2014, 11:33

yup all good points buds but when it comes to choice im a little concerned about those suffering from PTSD especially those with addiction issues . im also concerned about singling them out . not sure how that would be resolved maybe limiting some choices to those at 50% or below or something like that.

as far as asking these guys for anything its hard to pin these guys down to a simple yes or no to a specific question trust me I know.

it has really come time to flip the script its sad to say.

we really need a veterans political action committee one that shows vets will vote on block in mass.

if that is possible and happens they will come to us asking what we want.

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sat 18 Oct 2014, 14:43

Actually propat, I don't think it would be too hard to manage. All VAC needs to do is, if a Veteran chooses a lump sum, instead of a monthly cheque, it prompts VAC to phone them or schedule a home visit if close to a VAC office. Then, during that conversation, if there are no red flags, VAC staff ensures that the client knows the full extent of their decision, then anything that occurs afterwards is on the Veteran. If the client is someone suffering from PTSD, then they could request that the veterans spouse or NoK, be involved in the discussion as well.

I don't think there would be many that would opt for a lump sum, so it's not like it would over tax the system, but there are some instances where it is preferred, and they should have the right to choose what is best for them
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3047
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top