Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 07:33

Expanding access to higher grades of the Permanent Impairment Allowance to better support veterans who have had their career options limited by a service-related illness or injury. The potential impact of the permanent and severe impairments on veterans' career advancement opportunities would be considered in determining the appropriate level of financial support. The benefit would also be renamed Career Impact Allowance to better reflect the intent of the program.

Back to top Go down

Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

Post by Teentitan on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 10:37

This is very curious. Can't wait to hear why the name change.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 10:57

ya me as well teen . one would guess that new standards are coming out for the determination of grade levels based on your disabilities impact on your career . thing is after watching the lions,tigers and bears of this unadulterated shyt show the political clowns in charge could just be planning to give the whole fracking circus away. who the frack knows ?

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 11:25

It's the 'optics' of the name change that makes me go hmmmm?

I think it's a long-game move. 10 years down the road Joe Canadian will not look at vets as impaired/disabled rather career impaired. Which Joe Canadian will ask why are vets getting an allowance for not working? Totally glossing over the fact the vet is impaired/disabled.

Makes the Libs look 'responsible' for when they reduce it from 3 levels to just 1 level.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 11:27

I'm thinking any Veteran who's Career was cut short due to Medical reasons will now qualify to submit an application for this particular benefit.

Maybe ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 11:40

Trooper what about the EIA clients, ? The rule is if you have ever or are receiving EIA you can never get pia or supplement.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 11:41

What will the rates be for CIA? I can see it being one level!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 11:50

Navrat ,

The Liberals are focused on the NVC , we will see when the particulars are out but I doubt they will change that , hopefully I'm wrong.

Personally myself , the tax free PA is much better regardless of the difference in how much this CIA is - or is going to be , but that's just me , I would not apply for it , if it was offered.

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 12:51

I am about to go see my CM for my monthly meeting we have setup dunno if she'll know anything but I'll ask..

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 13:03

Well, I remember there being recommendations about taking such factors such as age into account, since a severe disability will affect a person who is in their 20's more, career wise, than it would someone in their 50's. A perfect example of this is ELB. There will likely be more younger Veterans at the lower end of the ELB spectrum, because they didn't have the opportunity to rise through the ranks. So maybe the new CIA will take that into account.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3102

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 15:56

Alright just got back from speaking with my CM, and she's like us, all she know's was what she had read in the papers about
what was in the Budget, and for anything else, she has no clue as to who what how why when anything is gonna be brought in

So, even VAC front line workers are in the dark on these, and or when they will come into effect

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 216

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 16:33

BinRat - Ya it all makes no sense, lets put out the budget, but not tell DVA workers or Veterans the details/dates..WT.. VVV..
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 16:50

PIA come CIA is smoke teen...
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 18:42

Can you imagine the bs that one will have to go through to apply for this 'benefit'?
It will be harder to get it than disability. But on their papers it will look like it is 'available'.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 20:39

Too true!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top