Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

Post by bigrex on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 14:00

It is best to apply for everything all at once. that way, your CIAS approval should merely be placed on hold, pending the DEC determination, and you are nor having to wait the full time for each application process (PIA, then DEC, then PIAS) . You can also apply for ELB, if you haven't already, then once you get the DEC approval, it switches to EELB. That in turn, will automatically approve you for RISB once you turn 65.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 14:16

Totally agree Bigrex
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Sun 16 Jul 2017, 20:04

Thought I'd try to help you all with my own timeline.

Oct. 2013 ELB approved.
Feb. 2014  TPI applied.
Mar. 2014  TPI approved (thought it was one week scratch )
Apr. 2014   PIA denied (not sure when I applied.)
May. 2014  EELB approved.
Sep. 2015  VIP approved.
Jan.  2016  PIA re-assessment.
Jan.  2016  2 yr TPI re-approved.
May  2016  PIA and supp. approved.
Apr.  2017  PIA 3 to 2.

Approaches are as different as any Case Managers might be.
Or... our own.

And everyones situation is different (understatement)
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1237
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 01:52

Hello,
I received an envelope in the mail today from VAC. I thought for sure it was going to be a rejection letter for my CIA application. My husband opened the letter and informed me that I was granted a favorable DEC decision based on being permanently disabled. My hubby contacted my case manager via VAC My Account and asked her to submit my CIA supplement application. She called him back this afternoon and told him that she already submitted my CIAS when my DEC was approved a few weeks ago. She went on to say that my CIAS could take up to 18 weeks to be processed and is put on hold until my CIA is approved.

If I am approved for CIA, does anyone know what level I might get?
I joined the military after I graduated from college.
In 2005, I was medically released after serving only 2 years....so that means I still had 23 years left to serve in my career.  
I am unable to pursue any job in my field of study or any job due to being permanently disabled. My Earning capabitily is 0%.  What Grade level would I be classified under! Why does the policy makers make everything so darn complicated?  scratch

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 06:01

By the Bay wrote:Hello,
I received an envelope in the mail today from VAC. I thought for sure it was going to be a rejection letter for my CIA application. My husband opened the letter and informed me that I was granted a favorable DEC decision based on being permanently disabled. My hubby contacted my case manager via VAC My Account and asked her to submit my CIA supplement application. She called him back this afternoon and told him that she already submitted my CIAS when my DEC was approved a few weeks ago. She went on to say that my CIAS could take up to 18 weeks to be processed and is put on hold until my CIA is approved.

In 2005, I was medically released after serving only 2 years....so that means I still had 23 years left to serve in my career.  
I am unable to pursue any job in my field of study or any job due to being permanently disabled. My Earning capabitily is 0%.  What Grade level would I be classified under! Why does the policy makers make everything so darn complicated?  scratch

Cheers,
By the Bay

By the Bay,

Sounds like your CM is on the ball, things are coming into place for you which is good.

Regarding what level of CIA if approved, all I can say is what I have seen and read over time is that usually the level starts at level three and gives the client the opportunity to apply for level two, there are some who start at level two, but it is rare.

Back to top Go down

Post by Armygunner on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 10:16

By the Bay wrote:Hello,

Cheers,
By the Bay

Check your "My Vac" account and your CIA should already be listed and at what level.

Armygunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilap61 on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 13:59

So if I understand this the right way. Anybody with 25 + years of service can't get CIA right?

Tilap61
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2017-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 14:21

CIA is now broken down into two seperate qualifying factors. One is the new way, which takes into account sine served, compared to earning capacity. So with with over 25 years served, they would deny you CIA based on that criteria. But the other qualifying factor, is the level of disability and the effect it has on the ADL's. So You could still be approved for CIA, based on the old criteria.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilap61 on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 18:30

Thanks bigrex sounds like I would be losing my time applying for it. You just saved me some headache

Tilap61
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2017-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic View next topic Back to top