Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

Post by Ex Member on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 09:44

I agree with Sparrow....the changes to wording are for future reasons. It is the calm before the storm. Wait for it.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by srproctor on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 10:58

Bill C-12, when it becomes law, will make their actions enforceable through the courts if they refuse to honour them. With the VLAF (Veterans Legal Assistance Fund) available for pro bono work on behalf of veterans, if they get to stepping... they won't be able to get far.

srproctor
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 13:58

Sproctor I think that VLAF (Veterans Legal Assistance Fund) is for low income Veterans.

Qualifying for it is a nightmare.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4880
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Proposed changes to the Permanent Impairment Allowance

Post by Trooper on Sun 08 May 2016, 15:51

Upcoming enhancement to the Permanent Impairment Allowance financial benefit

The Government of Canada is proposing an enhancement to expand access to the Permanent Impairment Allowance (PIA). This monthly allowance is paid to Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) Veterans who have a permanent and severe impairment resulting from a service-related injury or illness that has affected their employment potential and career advancement.

The Permanent Impairment Allowance is payable at three grade levels. A number of factors are considered when assessing the grade level of a Veteran eligible for PIA.

The proposed changes would measure the factors related to employability and career advancement, by introducing an individual assessment. The assessment would measure the impact a service-related impairment has on a Veteran’s career advancement opportunities, and consider years of service, to determine Permanent Impairment Allowance grade level. No Veteran will receive less money as a result of this assessment.

If approved, this proposed enhancement to the Permanent Impairment Allowance will come into effect on April 1, 2017. At that time, the program name will also be changed to Career Impact Allowance (from Permanent Impairment Allowance) to better reflect the intent of the program, which is to compensate for loss of employment potential and career advancement opportunities.

The proposed changes deliver directly on the mandate commitments of the Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence. They are among the first steps in working to improvement benefits and services offered to Canadian Armed Forces members, Veterans and their families.

Example of a Veteran who could benefit from this change:

Kimberly is a Veteran who released after four years in the military. She meets the eligibility requirements for the Permanent Impairment Allowance (PIA) due to a service-related injury. Based on the current method of assigning grade levels, Kimberly has been assigned a grade three PIA. With the new individual assessment, which would take into account Kimberly’s assessed earning capacity and the fact that her military career was cut short and therefore she lost military career advancement opportunities, she would receive additional funds.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/legislation/proposed-changes
Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

allocation pour déficience permanente

Post by vaincre on Tue 10 May 2016, 14:27

SupremeDebater wrote:I agree with Sparrow....the changes to wording are for future reasons. It is the calm before the storm. Wait for it.

vaincre
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2016-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by vaincre on Tue 10 May 2016, 14:30

quel va être le procédure pour déficience permanente si quelqu'un a reçu 50,000 en 2008 va t-il être éligible

vaincre
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vaincre on Tue 10 May 2016, 14:35

quel va être le procédure pour allocation indemnité invalidité si quelqu'un a reçu 50,000 en 2008

ou cela est juste pour ceux qui ont reçu 100%

vaincre
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Tue 10 May 2016, 15:39

The question asked by vaincre reflects the disability award , he wants to know how the formula works and if it only applies to those at 100% disability.
It is not something new to us and has already been answered in English , so I will answer him in french.

Vaincre votre question aurait dû être posée dans l'augmentation de l'indemnité d'invalidité & Catégorie rétro comme c'est à quoi votre question se réfère trop.

Ne vous inquiétez pas, la réponse est qu'aucun il n'affecte pas seulement ceux à 100 %.

Elle touche tous ceux qui ont reçu une indemnité d'invalidité depuis le début (2006)

La formule n'a pas été fourni à nous de la loi écrite, mais je vais vous donner la formule que nous avons ici sur le CSAT viennent de présenter.
Notre formule est tout simplement ce que nous pensons être utilisé.

Donc, si vous avez reçu $50000 en 2008 vous prendrait le pourcentage de cette somme de 50000 lorsque vous l'avez reçu en 2008.
Pour savoir quel pourcentage de votre récompense a été.
Alors disons en 2008 votre pourcentage était de 20 % pour que $50000 reçu , vous calculez 20 % de 360000 $ qui est $72000 , puis vous permettrait de soustraire $50000 de $72000 qui vous donne un remboursement de $22000.

Encore une fois vous avez besoin pour trouver le pourcentage correct pour cette année , et cette formule n'est pas concrète, c'est tout simplement ce que nous pensons.

L'augmentation de l'indemnité d'invalidité & Retro est quelques thèmes de celle-ci.

Espère que j'ai répondu à votre question.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vaincre on Tue 10 May 2016, 17:04

Merci de m'avoir répondu
Dans la même ordre d'idée si une personne à reçu 5 indemnité durant différentes années comment vous pensez que cela va être calculé et que veux dire CSAT.

vaincre
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Tue 10 May 2016, 17:19

Ils feraient séparément chaque année.

Par exemple pour 5 différents prix , qu'ils utiliseraient le pourcentage pour chaque année , calculer chaque année, en pourcentage , et vous donner votre rétro avec chaque années d'explication des calculs.

Encore une fois, c'est seulement ce que nous ici sur CSAT viennent de présenter.

Vous prenez le pourcentage que vous avez pour une année en particulier , vous prenez ce pourcentage et l'appliquer à la nouvelle 360000 $ MONTANT , puis vous prenez ce montant et soustrayez le montant que vous avez reçu l'award pour l'année où elle a été reçue , et que vous donne votre montant d'un remboursement.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Expanding Access to the Permanent Impairment Allowance

Post by Trooper on Sun 29 May 2016, 06:34

Background
The Permanent Impairment Allowance is a monthly allowance paid to Canadian Armed Forces Veterans who have a permanent and severe impairment resulting from a service-related injury or illness that has affected their employment potential and career advancement. It is payable at three different grade levels (or rates).

Veterans Affairs Canada is committed, through Budget 2016, to a proposed expansion to the Permanent Impairment Allowance. Proposed changes build on improvements made in 2015 to broaden Permanent Impairment Allowance eligibility and also align with recommendations made by the Veterans Ombudsman and the Standing Committee on Veterans Affairs.

Expanding access to the Permanent Impairment Allowance will better support Veterans who have had their career options limited by a service-related illness or injury.

Quick Facts
Budget 2016 reaffirmed the Government’s intent to provide for the long-term financial security of ill and injured Veterans.

A number of factors are considered when assessing the grade level of a Veteran eligible for the Permanent Impairment Allowance. The proposed changes will expand access to the three grade levels by introducing an individual assessment, which will measure the impact a service-related impairment has on a Veteran’s career advancement opportunities, and will consider years of service.

The changes mean that Veterans will be more appropriately compensated for the specific impact on their careers. No Veteran will receive less money as a result of this assessment.

For example, a Veteran who was assigned a grade three Permanent Impairment Allowance assessment due to a service-related injury prior to this proposed enhancement may be eligible for a higher grade level and higher Permanent Impairment Allowance payment based on the new individualized assessment, which would take into account the Veteran’s specific circumstances such as the impact on his or her ability to earn an income and the degree to which his or her military career was cut short.

If changes are approved, the program name would also be changed to “Career Impact Allowance” (from Permanent Impairment Allowance) to better reflect the intent of the program, which is to compensate for loss of employment potential and career advancement opportunities.

If approved, changes to the Permanent Impairment Allowance will come into effect on April 1, 2017.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/department-officials/minister/budget/expanding-pia
Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Fri 26 Aug 2016, 16:40

Question about PIA policy and application..
I applied for PIA/PIAA in December of last year. I filled out the VAC form and Nurse came for a home visit. I am pensioned 55% mental health and on VAC rehab. I call VAC end January and and they tell me that my application was submitted and being processed. March I get a letter of denial, saying I have no recent Psych assessment (within 2 years) and am on Voc Rehab. My last assessment was 3 years ago.
I recently was approved for a psych assessment because my psych recommended that I end my Voc rehab because my issues are permanent and severe, and my CM wanted to make a new rehab plan.
My questions are...
Why did they submit my application without requesting a new psych evaluation??
(knowing it would be denied because it was more than 2 years old)
Who decided my application was ready to submit?

VAC policy states
"A complete application for PIA, an increase in the grade level due to a reassessment, and the PIA supplement must be made in writing by the member/Veteran or the member’s/Veteran’s legal representative and shall include:

a complete and signed VAC approved application form(s), which contains a declaration attesting to the truth of the information provided. Letters may be acceptable in lieu of an application form if they are accompanied by a signed affidavit or declaration attesting to the truth of the information provided;
medical reports or other records which document the health problem(s) creating the permanent and severe impairment or the total and permanent incapacity, as the case may be; and
at the request of the Minister, other information that is necessary to determine eligibility and calculate the amount payable.

The Department may request health professional reports, such as a VAC Nursing Assessment, the Occupational Therapy Assessment and Optional Tools, Psychiatric/Psychology Reports, and Physician Reports, if the information on the file is not sufficient for eligibility or assessment purposes.
The member/Veteran is considered to have made an application for the PIA and the PIA supplement when all of the application requirements identified above are met to the satisfaction of the Department."

They obviously didn't use due diligence with respect to my application.
My new Psych report is very cut and dry with respect to permanency and severity of conditions.
Any chance they will back date my PIA to the date of my initial flawed application?
Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
I'm getting tired of all the VAC BS.

Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce72 on Fri 26 Aug 2016, 17:28

I would appeal the decision, regardless of that fact it's past the 60 days we have to submit an appeal. I'd make the argument that you were never informed you needed a psych assessment less than 2 years old.

When I was approved for PIA 3 I was lucky, my psychologist had done a psych assessment last year, but VAC also used documents and reports that went back to 2009.

Bruce72
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 626
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce72 on Fri 26 Aug 2016, 18:17

Bigrex can you weigh in here? You've got a good handle on matters like this.

Bruce72
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 626
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Fri 26 Aug 2016, 19:37

I wasn't even involved in the process! I have no idea what was in my application, used to make a decision or given an opportunity to get the required "current" assessment.
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top