Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) Increase to 90%

Page 30 of 33 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) Increase to 90%

Post by johnny211 on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 14:08

EZRider - I know my EELB, started when I was deemed TPI. I cannot remember if there was any backpay when I applied for ELB. I am sure someone on here knows. VVV...
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 577
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 14:05

1993firebird - Review of Decisions

A Veteran who is dissatisfied with any PIA or PIA supplement decision may request a review in writing. (See the Review Part 2 and Part 3.1 Decisions under the Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Act policy.)
http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/policy/document/2248

I did a reveiw of my level, and was given the FO letter after a few mths. I have been told that over 90% of us are at the lowest level. And that stinks if you ask me. We can only hope that Tuesdays budget may have something in it to fix up these levels. But who knows its all a crap shoot. I only know of one friend who is level 2, and he deserves it, after a pretty bad afgan injury VVV..
johnny211
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by EZRider on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 13:16

Just curious, for those on ELB right now, will it be retro back to a certain date or no?

EZRider
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 11:23

I was granted the smallest amount for PIA , not going to go any farther with the process and there was nothing in the letter about appealing for a higher level.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 20:39

Increase from 75% to 90% , I can not deal with all this money right now. LMAO.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 11:06

Navrat the MVA an his team is suppose to " Expand Access " to the PIA.

We will see how they expand the access , hopefully it is expanded to include those receiving the EIA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 09:41

Well the increase is and will be a nice little bump for the average vet. But big Rex got me thinking I want the pia supplement and I want it now, lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 05:53

IT IS OWED TO EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US WHO PUT THEIR BUT ON THE LINE &  PAY FOR IT NOW WITH INJURED BODIES AND MINDS FOR ALL OTHER CANADIANS TO BE SAFE!
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1127
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 05:37

And from Sunny Halifax Rumors have it that the new members of VAC recruits from Hali. have been flown to Ontario and are being trained, so hopefully we will see movement soon troops.  
What kind? That is to be seen.  
In all honesty I think the PM's Mandate letter to the MVA is the key and it will be implemented in due time.
Faith my friends!  Respect is owed!

What we know so far that is in the works I will underline and correct me if I am wrong in any of my points.

1.Work with the Minister of National Defence to reduce complexity, overhaul service delivery, and strengthen partnerships between Veterans Affairs and National Defence. (The title was given to the MVA as an associate?)
2.Re-establish lifelong pensions as an option for our injured veterans, and increase the value of the disability award, while ensuring that every injured veteran has access to financial advice and support so that they can determine the form of compensation that works best for them and their families. (Rumors nothing concrete)
3.Expand access to the Permanent Impairment Allowance to better support veterans who have had their career options limited by a service-related illness or injury. (Rumors nothing concrete)
4.Provide injured veterans with 90 percent of their pre-release salary, and index this benefit so that it keeps pace with inflation.
(Rumors but movement?)
5.Create a new Veterans Education Benefit that will provide full support for the costs of up to four years of college, university, or technical education for Canadian Forces veterans after completion of service. (Option is already there)
6.Improve career and vocational assistance for veterans through ensuring that job opportunities for returning veterans are included in Community Benefits Agreements for new federally-funded infrastructure projects. (Allowed priority hiring for Veterans)
7.Deliver a higher standard of service and care, and ensure that a “one veteran, one standard” approach is upheld. (Fix the NVC/PA to be equal, no brainer)
8. Re-open the nine Veterans Affairs service offices recently closed, hire more service delivery staff, and fully implement all of the Auditor General’s recommendations on enhancing mental health service delivery to veterans.  (Maybe in the works?)
9.Create two new centres of excellence in veterans’ care, including one with a specialization in mental health, post-traumatic stress disorder and related issues for both veterans and first responders. (Already some in service ? )
10.Provide greater education, counselling, and training for families who are providing care and support to veterans living with physical and/or mental health issues as a result of their service.
11.End the time limit for surviving spouses to apply for vocational rehabilitation and assistance services.
12.Increase the veteran survivor’s pension amount from 50 percent to 70 percent. ((maybe in the works Linda C. received a letter from KH stating something to that effect for her particular case?)
13..Eliminate the “marriage after 60” clawback clause, so that surviving spouses of veterans receive appropriate pension and health benefits.
13.Double funding to the Last Post Fund to ensure that all veterans receive a dignified burial.
Most importantly! Work with the Minister of National Defence to develop a suicide prevention strategy for Canadian Armed Forces personnel and veterans.

- See more at: http://pm.gc.ca/eng/minister-veterans-affairs-and-associate-minister-national-defence-mandate-letter#sthash.3kQBSPbP.dpuf
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1127
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 22:07

What I was trying to say Pinger is that vets will get one financial promise at a time. This budget is going to be the ELB/LTD....hopefully.

The complications of bringing back the lifelong pension are too many to make it in this budget so that's why I said "let's worry about the lifelong afterwards". Afterwards being the upcoming budget.

The only other thing that vets might get with this budget is info on the 9 DO's that will re-open. The info I'm getting is mostly satellite offices for most of the 9.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3293
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 20:45

well regardless if we end up getting the lifelong pension this budget or in the future, these next two weeks are going to drag on.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 20:16

Ha Pinger, I am "Johnny" on the spot..lol, mmm the puzzle is all there today. Teen, thank you for the news however you came across it. The ELB/LTD increase would help alot of folks. But we can only hope there is more to it than that. I know from living a stones throw away from DVA HQ, that there is alot more activity going on lately. Seems like alot of folks running around with more papers, which makes me think alot of meetings are taking place. But even being here in Charlottetown, I cannot seem to pickup on any budget rumors. So yes they are keeping the announcements really tight lipped. VVV...
johnny211
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 19:46

Teen, you wrote "So let's just take the LTD/ELB increase first and worry about the lifelong afterwards"

Now if I was to be a devils advocate... my hindsight would show LTD/ELB has not increased last time I checked.

Worrying about the lifelong afterwords??? Here's hoping future vets don't walk into a very very bad snafu.

JMO
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1240
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 16:28

It is very good news Nav. The only thing is getting VAC and DND to make the announcements together and have the same dates. So the budget might say it will be done together by say June 1,(or any other date) and that is when the increase will start.

VAC is not tight lipped so they can make a grand announcement. They are tight lipped because of the budget.

The lifelong pension is going to be somewhat of a problem to do. I know a lot of people think it is easy but it is far from easy to accomplish. Mainly because it has to be a fair and equal table of disabilities for either a lump sum or lifelong pension. Is it going to be the table of disabilities from the PA or NVC? Is it going to be a new table of disabilities? If they merge the two acts will both the NVC and PA vets move over to the new act? These are just a few problems that have to be looked at and studied.

It's not a cut and paste solution as there is a lot of balls in the air that have to be handled properly and most importantly equally and fairly. It will have to be sorted out with a combination of Standing Committee reports, Senate Reports and VAC reports.

So let's just take the LTD/ELB increase first and worry about the lifelong afterwards.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3293
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 16:04

Teen, in your opinion, is this good news! Is the importance of a same time dual announcement for the increase a sign that elb and ltd are on a path to merger?
If VAC is keeping tight lipped it must be because they want a grand announcement of new benefits to get the political points that would come with such an announcement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 33 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top