Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) Increase to 90%

Page 5 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) Increase to 90%

Post by pinger on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 17:14

EZRider... How can it be retro if it hasn't even been implemented yet? For 75 - 90?
You be betting your life on the GoC... very bad habit.

If it ever is, datestamps of applications and appproval are... very flex to say the least.

Stay well everyone. March 22 is kiddie corner.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 19:43

We can hope that the ELB retro will be back to 2006, but it is far more likely to be on a go forward basis only.

Actually, come to think of it, I hope it's not retroactive, because I really don't have the energy to deal with CRA, and their retro calculations again. And since this retro would be larger than my SISIP settlement, covering twice as many years, it would be a nightmare.

bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 20:33

I would make over $200,000 this year with another retro , already received two. CRA nightmare.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 21:19

Mark my words, the increase from 75-90% elb will not be retro/backdated. Teen sorry but your wrong dude, there is no way the goc will bring the budget in with the 75-90 increase only. Sh*t would hit the fan and I do not believe that's all they will bring to the table. 9 D/O openings is a given. That's been announced. Trust me The lifelong pension will be in this budget. 75-90 % is not enough to silence the wolves watching. Trust me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 21:25

Oh....and I've had the pleasure of speaking to Kent multiple times. He's a good Minister folks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 20 Mar 2016, 07:41

eeeeee hope your right supreme and although I haven't here'd much from him in a while on the subject . he has stated consistently that this is complicated and will take a long time . when he says complicated that leads me to believe it aint the PA pension he is bringing forward as a choice for the pain and suffering benefit because there is nothing complicated about that. when he says it will take a long time that leads me to believe it aint gonna be in this budget .

hope you are right though .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Sun 20 Mar 2016, 13:31

I am glad to be under the old charter , pensioned.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Sun 20 Mar 2016, 14:02

Me too firebird, but I don't like it when Afghan and NVC vets for starters are getting fd over.

re: bigrex at 19:43 " ... I really don't have the energy to deal with CRA" rotflmao !
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Sun 20 Mar 2016, 15:46

I agree.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Sun 20 Mar 2016, 17:30

Hey you Johnny on the spot. "...Seems like a lot of folks running around with more papers, which makes me think... " (lol aside) Not taking you out of context but it concurs in hindsight aka cdf.

Where is Summerside? Bad Memory N.B. coast. No... PEI right? Sorry sorry. Fracked memory. CFS Summerside PEI right?
The beach. Light Sand. Sunniest side. No? Got to look it up. Summerside, why in blazes can't I remember. I'm fracked. bye bye for now.

Sorry for the interlude. Back to "About the Bump to 90%" topic at hand.
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 20 Mar 2016, 17:37

don't think there will be retro on this but if it happens it will go back NO FURTHER than april 1st 2015 .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Sun 20 Mar 2016, 18:15

Hi Pinger, from Charlottetown, the Capital of PEI. PEI, has a pop of 145,000. Around 40,000 in Charlottetown. Summerside is our other city on the west end of the Island. CFB Summerside closed in 1989, when all Search A/C moved to Greenwood in NS. We are the little island known for our red soil, Stompin Tom, Anne of Green Gables, Spuds.
And of course DVA HQ, which is spread out over several buildings. I have not seen the MVA here yet, but it is not uncommon to see Walt the DM, walking down the street. I have had lots of chats to him, and if he has the answer he will tell you flat out like the old soldier he is.
Ok thats a little PEI History, now like you Pinger back to the ELB bump. I am thinking it is going to happen. All this prebudget quessing is hard on this brain .. VVV...
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 20 Mar 2016, 18:38

I heard they make the best dam potato salad .......period!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 20 Mar 2016, 21:51

NOOOOO NAV I DO !!!!!!!!! and ribs NONE BETTER .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 20 Mar 2016, 23:25

Potato salad , ribs can't beat it! I hope there is reason to celebrate the budget, I just hope the liberals get it right! The last thing I want is there to be three different set of rules, one for pa, one for nvc and one for the new JT pension! Talk about stress for the guys!

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top