Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) Increase to 90%

Page 6 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) Increase to 90%

Post by pinger on Mon 21 Mar 2016, 08:58

Thanks johnny211. My compass gets really weird somedays. Hell, I thought Greenwood was on the coast near the Miramichi. I'll send you MY potato salad recipe propat...

Man, are we ever off topic. Sorry Trooper. But if you can't laugh...
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1195
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Mar 2016, 09:02

ya nav equality is what we want . all vets being treated the same . no different rules and benefits for people based on a DATE ! disabilities and the severity of them sure I get that but a DATE ! that's just stupid.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Mar 2016, 09:23

the bump to 90% not a big deal to me although I'm sure it is to some . see I'm on the PA not well off by any means but I can get by . and ya know what I know I have something coming in every month that I can count on . its just going to be there . no cancellation no reapplying no new paperwork to fill out every year or so hoping it passes muster in the eyes of the powers that be . or heaven forbid like some falling through the cracks and getting nothing a month but a constant fight with DVA to gain benefits you should be getting while your whole world falls apart .

yup the bump would be nice for sure no doubt . thing is for the buyout guy STILL fighting for the ELB he deserves well it really aint gonna help him a lot right now .

propat

Back to top Go down

Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) Increase to 90%

Post by Trooper on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 07:35

Increasing the Earnings Loss Benefit to provide income replacement of 90 per cent of gross pre-release military salary for injured veterans participating in Veterans Affairs Canada's rehabilitation or vocational assistance program or with injuries preventing them from suitable and gainful employment. The indexation of this benefit would also no longer be capped at 2 per cent and would be allowed to keep pace with inflation. Finally, the calculation of the minimum benefit would be amended to be based on a senior private's salary instead of a basic corporal's salary.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5107
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 07:37

Finally, the calculation of the minimum benefit would be amended to be based on a senior private's salary instead of a basic corporal's salary.
What is with this?
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1066
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 08:00

Yes, hopefully that part will be repealed during the committee hearings. Getting promoted to Basic Cpl, is a guarantee for all NCMs, so those that are seriously injured in the first few years of service should be able to get at least that.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3072
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 08:04

What it means is right now the minimum ELB/LTD is based off of a basic corporal rate which is $42,426 a year at 75%. It will change to a senior private rate which is $44,496 a year at 90% so people at the low end will get about 2k more a year. a lot more people are at the minimum rate than one would think the 90’s were bad for military raises.

Cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 08:42

That's a good one.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 08:43

I'll let you know what it amounts to because I am at the bottom....expect an update soon! lmao.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 08:48

and I am calling the CIA
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jack22 on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 08:56

Hard to understand the increase, I was top up to 40,000.00$ few years ago. Now my EELB is 44,479.32/year. Does my increase mill be 2.00$ per month?

Big lach of communication fromVAC. From yesterdau after noon the new kid allocation is on every federal web site. So me to i am very looking for lnformation.

jack22
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 09:11

What a joke, a pension was promised and what happens , they throw a few thousand taxable for retro at the nvc guys and think that makes any difference . What a Con job! The pension is dead, RIP ! I would never ever recommend to anyone to join the forces, just not worth it, just not worth it. For those who think the retro is great think about that in a year or two or ten when pa guys still have a monthly income and your Shute out of luck . I feel sorry for you guys

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 09:44

Yup, what a joke. Maybe we could change the 'con job' to 'Lib job'?
And the media is of course reporting that veterans get the most!

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 13:19

I understand peoples frustrations, but what has been done is better than any of the other parties would have brought to the table. The ELB increase is better than nothing, even though it can still be improved. Better access to higher levels of PIA is better than nothing, but we really have to wait on details about how the change in title will affect the benefit. The lump sum increase is considerable, and at least everyone will be getting screwed equally, if they do not bring back the pension. So a Vet disabled in 2006 will get the same amount of money as someone injured in 2016.

I am trying to stay positive that they will continue make all the proper changes during their mandate.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3072
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 13:25

Any one hear of effective dates yet? VVV...
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 508
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top