Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) Increase to 90%

Page 6 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) Increase to 90%

Post by pinger on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 14:10

Very good post @ 07:15 Robbie is all I can say. Tx for that.

pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1241
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sea0shell33 on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 14:06

I am sure more Canadians served overseas in the European and Japanese theatre than 10 times the number in Afghanistan. Plus the ww2 veterans overseas werent tucked away in a nice secure base with a tim hortons! Bottom line PA is great but it ended i felt bad for some of the Afghanistan veterans but thats life . There is still alot of benefits available to modern veterans and more is on the way. I also served in Afghanistan and i know we never went thru what happened on juno and in the prison camps of Japan. We never had to worry about medical becauae there was air evac did ww2 vets had that , nope ! The biggest problems for the modern day veteran is actually accessing the benefits that are needed. I hear all these veterans say this org sold out this and this org sold out another. After awhile everyones going to start sounding like CVA which can only muster a few dozen veterans out of a 600000 veteran population. JMO

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 13:53

Suck it up really sea.

I know more Vets that spent more time overseas in a modern day then WW2 vets.  Not all vets went the distances the entire WW2, you check the news paper and the modern day Afghan is a longer war. A short or long war does not make the Vet better.  Your comment is a joke, suck it up sea.

Read the entire article sea. Good points and bad points. Pay attention to Sean's comments in article.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.2898642

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sea0shell33 on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 13:33

Lifes not fair and what one ww2 veteran said to an Afghanistan veteran, Suck it up buttercup, Nobody sold anyone out ! Times change, look at the ww2 veterans who saw thousands die on beaches and exposed to the horrors of concentration camps or the Canadians who were POW s in Japan. Yes they got the PA but nothing for mental health, nothing! So mental health wise todays veterans get a ton of benefits , well deserved, but nothing is perfect. I do believe VAC is trying and this takes time. Veterans have to get away from the massive entitlement issues that some have. If you injured fine but from my sources in VAC you have twenty year olds who spent three years in the navy and have asthma who are actually trying to say they are tpi and want eelb till 65. If we push the public beyond what is reasonable then we may end up losing benefits. JmO!

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 12:53

Getting back to the comment about us getting a raise.  Sorry can't let that go, I have tried 3 times.

First why do think it's a sort of raise?  I see it like this, VAC has wrongfully not paid what is owed to me.  In my books they still owe 180k, but they are only going to top me up too 36k,  I am guessing for an 83% disability, gee I wonder what that would be perr month? I may never know.

Why do you feel guilty about an Afghan Vet (me) in regards to sitting down having a beer?  Is it the fact that the Legion sold us out and supported the NVC?  I think it's that!  One of two reason I will never support the Legion.

Sorry for ruining the mood here.  But in my mind had to be said. We don't want pitty we want what is fair and one standard and one Vet period.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 10:25

Hi RR, I am in no way a computer guru but if you save your artwork and click on the icon that says "host an image" on the bar across the top of the screen when posting, you should be able to retrieve the image by "select files" and it should upload your artwork. Looking forward to seeing your art.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 09:47

great post Robbie . emotions and words they kinda go hand in hand for communication purposes but are far different things. hey for what its worth I agree and wish I could give you what you ask . then again I'm sure you know you are asking a lot .

I can change my words all the time here . right a post conveying a message and the emotion attached to it then change the words to fit forum rules . yes perhaps changing the message a little and definatly changing the correct emotions that were intended to be communicated but changing the WORDS is easy .

oh buds changing the actual emotions however this is a far harder thing I'm afraid .

I can say it . I don't feel guilty , sad , angry . roles off the toung quite easily .

thing is I can say it till I'm blue in the face but that godly or most evil of things that controls these emotions just doesn't listen to the words I'm afraid .

but hey ill keep trying .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 07:30

someone tell me how to upload my artwork here so I can share with the troops, yes a step by step detailed walkthrough ASAP
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 07:15

Well well fracking well this is the CSAT I remember, choking on emotions and not words, awesome troops, but I will ask that the only time you you ever should feel guilty is if you are the one sitting in a comfy chair hoisting a Drambuie (regimental toast) and laughing at the vet that has less because you are just too damned ignorant or arrogant to offer your knowledge and leadership abilities. Never never never ever feel less for getting more because by god (or whom ever you pray to) you fracking well either got ahead because of CSAT (vets helping vets) and you fought to be where you are today or because you are pro-active and have become the purveyor of good fortune, and in my case a little of both. Even though I toss a few lines out in my Therapy Corner now and then I know people read them, hell over 13000 views can't be that bad. I have had people contact me and ask if they can use my words for vets and I say yes because if it makes a vet happy or even sad its the act of offering perspective vs offering perception. Each and everyone of you have something to offer and if you can't share that, then and only then please feel guilty other than that take what you can, grow and demand a better future and demand that an outstretched hand for veteran benefits is unacceptable (one vet one standard no guess work). These bureaucrats need to be educated about even the tiniest of details, ones that you and I have traveled way to often.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 06:48

"I'm happy everyone is getting a raise, so to speak, myself included. I just want CSAT to keep chugging along to make life better so ALL of us can have a beer with an Afghan vet and not feel guilty".
I really like this statement and not only would it be nice to sit down and have a drink with an Afghan vet, but all eras of vets no matter their mission ( we all have a military story....did you not sign the dotted line (an oath to Serve and protect Canada ?), what a world we spin on, that dotted line was my oath to protect Canada and it's people and now my oath is to help vets needing Canada to protect  them whom maybe  be being wrongly denied, mislead, or just plain are misinformed......(what was the saying, :ignorance of the law in no excuse! well CSAT is here to help out IMO.)
HOW? Keeping everyone in the loop and keeping all of us as one.
CSAT needs to keep chugging along is right!
Facebook support groups are terrible, a lot of veterans from what I am reading are misinformed from they get go.

WE ARE MAKING PROGRESS, KEEP ON THEM

Last edited by Dannypaj on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 07:39; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1140
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 04:37

Well I think the only thing to do to make it one vet one standard.....redo 1 April 2006

They brought out the NVC so why not bring out a new plan with the best of NVC and PA.

I brought it up at a few meetings and with ADM's and they 'like' the idea because that means only one plan to know.

But they said it would be to 'difficult' to introduce.

Got the mean sideways look when I said "Can't be anymore difficult then bringing in the NVC with PA vets still alive."

I'm happy everyone is getting a raise, so to speak, myself included. I just want CSAT to keep chugging along to make life better so ALL of us can have a beer with an Afghan vet and not feel guilty.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3304
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 21:48

Thank you propat for your post, I really appreciate it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 21:22

ya buds well said and I get that and technically agree with just about everything you said . even with the PA being dead at least to the military . but it is my opinion that the PA pension is not .

the GOC may think a certain way but that doesn't mean that will happen .

don't forget even thou 3 different groups were covered under the PA it was created for the military . the MPs covered by it will NEVER give it up and as much as they want to try to force the RCMP out of it witch they have tried twice already they have a union of sorts so doing that if not impossible will be very difficult indeed .

the more time that goes by the voices are getting angrier and angrier because of course there are more and more vets are NVC vets . in time EVERY vet org WILL consist solely of NVC vets and trying to find vets orgs to support the GOCs position will be difficult at best .

in time they will remember that they are the only people NOT covered by the PA that was intended for them in the first place .

they fracked up because eventually the NVC will only succeed in seeing a return of the PA pension and a military union ta boot . not even the vets orgs will be able to silence vets anymore because in time moast would not even want to.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sea0shell33 on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 20:21

Propat, what I meant was the eelb increase is a very real increase, a good benefit, that will see a lot of veterans quality of life improved. I do believe a life long pension is coming , will it be like the PA , No, the PA is dead a relic from another time when the people believed veterans should have been rewarded for service. Today from my bank manager to anyone else I explain the award theory behind the PA they just don't get it. So I believe that if improvements come then at least there coming and something for the new guys is better than nothing. Is it fair, No , but all governments , even the ndp which I always believed was on the PA wagon, stated they are never ever going to return to the PA. So that's it folks, do I feel guilty I received so much, myself NO, but when I'm having drinks with the younger injured Afghan vets I sure do. But that is just the way it is. The government figures in 30 or 40 years all PA veterans will be dead and nobody will even remember what the PA was. Life isn't fair, never has and never will.

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 19:49

oh crap forgot pinger great stuff buds my apologies .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top