Wage Guarantee

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wage Guarantee

Post by DazednConfused on Tue 29 Mar 2016, 17:43

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as "Wage Guarantee" when a soldier completes Rehab and is back in the workforce?

Thanks in advance...

DazednConfused
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Wage Guarantee

Post by Guest on Tue 29 Mar 2016, 18:21

Canadian forces income support.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Tue 29 Mar 2016, 19:27

Dazed ,

Did you get the answer you were looking for ?

Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4889
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Wed 06 Apr 2016, 09:52

Well I have a question on same and an assumption I'm making on SISIP and a clause I saw in a rebuttal letter that I've never seen or heard of before. It appears to have something to do with question above. Be nice to hear from some people on if they have seen or heard of this and what it really means.

SISIP/Manulife wrote in a document as follows:

SALARY at DOR: $xx,xxx/annum (gainfully employed at 66.66% would be $xx,xxx)

What does (gainfully employed at 66.66% would be $xx,xxx) mean? I have never seen or heard this before I have seen and heard that if disabled you get 75% of release pay as LTD. This new line makes me think they have an internal number based on & of release pay that they would consider gainfully employed. If thats true then they have hidden a very important factor for qualifying for SISIP LTD.

Is this a threshold of base pay they grantee secretly?

Thoughts?

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 06 Apr 2016, 10:41

I believe it means if you can work and achieve 66.66 percent of release pay your no longer tpi and are considered gainfully employed and LTd ceases

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Wed 06 Apr 2016, 10:47

Wow, They kept that from us. I have never seen that until I came across this document. Opens up a can of worms for those who became employed after injured and SISIP release but got cut off cause they were employed. Many of them well below the 66.66%.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Wed 06 Apr 2016, 10:59

so for dazeds question if it exists in secret at SISIP/Manuife then Id suspect same criteria exists in DVA and other Government and Insurance policies.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 on Wed 06 Apr 2016, 11:19

Veterans Affairs Canada uses the term "totally and permanently incapacitated" and defines it as a Veteran who is incapacitated by a permanent physical or mental health problem that prevents the Veteran from performing any occupation that would be considered to be suitable gainful employment. The inability to work must be due to the health problem(s) for which rehabilitation services were approved. Suitable and gainful employment is employment for which the Veteran is reasonably qualified by reason of education, training or experience and that provides a monthly rate of pay equal to at least 66⅔ percent of the imputed income of the Veteran. For the SISIP Long Term Disability program, the percentage of imputed income is a consideration when Manulife develops the vocational rehabilitation plan with the client; however, the program is not bound by a specific percentage of imputed income when qualifying suitable and gainful employment.

SISIP uses the term “totally disabled” A member is totally disabled if they were released from the Canadian Forces and there is medical evidence that they suffer from an active medically determinable physical or mental impairment, which prevents them from performing any and every duty of any substantially gainful occupation or employment for which they are reasonably qualified by education, training or experience.

A medically released Veteran who has been found to be “totally disabled” under SISIP LTD is not automatically considered “totally and permanently incapacitated”.

Totally and Permanently Incapacitated policy
http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/policy/document/1971

Cheers

Last edited by 6608 on Wed 13 Apr 2016, 07:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : highlighted for rags benefit)
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Wed 06 Apr 2016, 11:32

Then why did SISIP/Manulife use a number 66.66% based on the pay on released when discussing what gainfully employed was? Seems to be a base criteria as NAV and I suggest.
As for the last line where SISIP says a released disabled soldier is not disabled in the SISIP mind and has to be proved after release that holds no water legally. Your either disabled or not if released disabled that can stand as valid as long as the medical substantiates it. (my opinion only) I suspect before a judge they would lose ever time if they tried to use that criteria.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DazednConfused on Wed 13 Apr 2016, 06:41

Thank you everyone for all your replies. I have tried to contact SISIP with this question and I get passed from one phone to another. I simply asked this:

"After I finish school and I get a job, for example at Tim Horton's, is there a wage guarantee/top up that SISIP maintains me at the rate of income I was making when I left the military?"

*Crickets*

I have tried time and again to contact my Voc Rehab Rep. Until I start putting the number of emails I've sent him in the Subject line, I get nothing.

Why does everything have to be an uphill battle with these guys?

DazednConfused
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Wed 13 Apr 2016, 07:24

Dazed,
I got the answer I was looking for from legal and a few smart CSAT cookies. I would not call it a wage grantee but the basic question you ask is same as mine.

The bottom line is that in the case you propose yes SISIP LTD will top you up to a number 66.66% of release pay as that number the courts have decided is what would be considered advantageously employable. Guess the courts at some point had to define it and that was the measure chosen. The key point is that if you go over the 66.66% you are legally by definition advantageously employable and then LTD could be cut off.
I never heard this before until now and was shocked that when I asked that very question back when I was released I was told no! if you can work no matter what the job your off LTD. Pricks lied as usual again.....they will pay I will ensure they pay. And I dont mean cash!

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Wed 13 Apr 2016, 07:47

Dazed, if it makes you feel better, I have  been in rehab since 2011, the same program you will be enrolled in.
I asked the same question.  No answer like you.  
My prediction is they are gearing you up for more gainful employment (the vocational part) and are expecting you to make more then 66.66%.  
Hard to phantom it happening, but finish school or the rehab part and do not expect any other job, but in the Federal sector or you will become a third class citizen at 66.66% of your military salary.
Trust me been there from 2003 to 2011, not a good feeling when you are controlled by federal employees whom never served a day in the forces guiding you how to deal with federal inmates....lessons I have learned in the past maybe useful for some here on this CSAT.
I am that able seaman that was abandoned by the Royal Canadian Navy, 181 my ass, more like one ate one, never shall I forget.
Do not allow yourselves to brained washed by the GOC.
The media belongs to GOC ??
CTV maybe not so much but for sure the CBC.
The GOC controls the message??
But they do not control VETERANS!!!!!!
I am free speaking Canadian citizen with no muzzle....The muzzle is off and keeping the pressure, but in a nice orderly fashion on the GOC will guide the top into doing the right thing.

Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Wed 13 Apr 2016, 08:01

or/and depending on your disability the above subject can change at any given time and be done without consultation with you the Veteran, leaving you once again frustrated and confused.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 on Wed 13 Apr 2016, 08:04

Rags, you are wrong for SISIP LTD (see my post above) for ELB yes they are bound by the percentage and its in regulations see below.

"Suitable and gainful employment is defined in Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Regulations as, “… employment for which the Veteran is reasonably qualified by reason of education, training and experience and that provides a monthly rate of pay equal to at least 662/3 percent of the imputed income of the Veteran [i.e. 66 2/3 percent of either the Veteran’s indexed monthly pre-release military salary or basic corporal salary at time of application, whichever is greater]"

Cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Wed 13 Apr 2016, 09:00

I got that right from legal. SISIP LTD by law cannot consider you gainfully advantageously employed if your employment now is 66.66% or less of your release pay. So that said if your earning release pay is 80k and your number puts you at 55k then you can be disabled payed by SISIP and work as long as your income stays under 66.66%. Once you go over that number SISIP LTD considers you advantageously employed and will cut you off.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top