Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Speech From our VVi's Chief Editor / Given at the Stakeholders Summit 9-10 May 2016

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Speech From our VVi's Chief Editor / Given at the Stakeholders Summit 9-10 May 2016

Post by bigrex on Tue 17 May 2016, 19:03

Rags, if you had the ear of the MVA, no wonder most disabled Veterans were not taken seriously at the time, because you do not respect Veterans who are disabled, unless they have a physical injury caused by combat. We do not need to be fighting against prejudices amongst ourselves, and we certainly don't need to be fueling them amongst the politicians.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3189
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Speech From our VVi's Chief Editor / Given at the Stakeholders Summit 9-10 May 2016

Post by Teentitan on Tue 17 May 2016, 17:13

Remember I ran for MP and was the secretary to the MVA I know from the back room how we are perceived right or wrong it does not matter, what matters is making an impact. I know from first hand what the past Minister of Veterans Affairs thought of the sharp end presenters we went to he house to speak to committee few were taken seriously.....for good reason

And when were you the secretary? Under what MVA?

Before I address what you wrote I need to know the answer to my two questions.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3304
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Tue 17 May 2016, 11:46

Danny, thanks for that. Im doing fine but probably should just sit back in the cheap seats for awhile and watch.

Rex, yes your are correct when we met I was not looking that disabled....Im the lucky one also has alot to do with Im a tough bastard. I would never expect that I be the one used as the poster child to present such a speech, it seems by your comment you hint to that aspect so lets be clear when it comes to being the face of the veterans presenting to that committee or group we chat about I am not the one id put up front to get best impact. I sure as hell would not put any of the people up that did talk! As for the list of names you detail of injured soldiers...Ya Man same names on the the tip of my tongue plus more but they did not deliver this speech! Nor did they deliver the other speeches. So you are right I completely agree Jody would be good choice so would Maj Cambell, Maj Henderson and many more.......just not the ones that gave it. And never me I dont appear as damaged.....I am so very lucky.
And on the point of the people like who have attacked me here I think they also should be at the table to also show the face of the different types of injury so we look united and inclusive. But again the point is have the vast majority talking the front end face of war. That is if you really want to make an impact with the pencil pushers. Remember I ran for MP and was the secretary to the MVA I know from the back room how we are perceived right or wrong it does not matter, what matters is making an impact. I know from first hand what the past Minister of Veterans Affairs thought of the sharp end presenters we went to he house to speak to committee few were taken seriously.....for good reason. Lets change direction and change out the face of the speakers who represent us so we get most impact. We will lose this fight if the approach you all have pushed on this thread stays the course. Trust me on that one.  

I will take a break now and just read mellow time too many memories this time of year to put up with a pencil neck geek senior office being critical of staff work who spent there informative war years in an air conditioned office no where near the fighting.

Rags

Last edited by Rags on Tue 17 May 2016, 11:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I purposely left in some typos and bad grammar to help the senior offices viewing this feel like they are better some how. Hope ya choke on your tea and crumpets.)

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Mon 16 May 2016, 06:00

You are relentless Rags!
Got to love it.
Hope your doing alright my friend?

Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Sun 15 May 2016, 22:35

Im reading the responses......Interesting. Perry thanks for comment about spelling grammar........I will work on that deficit so I can impress you in the future. I guess the part of my brain and spinal fluids that leaked out on the ground in YUGO were the spelling and grammar parts. Sorry I didnt take the time to collect them up....funny didnt see you on the front line fighting...guess its scary in an air conditioned office.

As I  said and I will repeat it cause it appears it was lost in the rush to attack. I also thought the speech by Perry was good just delivered by wrong veteran for that crowd and impact we would want from it.

for me this week is the 21st anniversary of the battles of Maglaj. Canada's first anti tank battle in combat since Korea or since. So I will not be thinking much of Perry Grays critique of me but drinking a toast to those who know of what I speak. The few that have met the enemy on the field of battle and stood the ground.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Thu 12 May 2016, 18:25

pinger - mostly in my own mind, with a bit of meditation, and yoga..lol...VVV...
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 12 May 2016, 18:18

VVice your speech at the Stakeholders Summit was inspiring and well writen. I am sure it made an impact on the Summit participants despite the contrary post's opinion.

Rags, beware of false knowledge, it is more dangerous than ignorance. George Bernard Shaw

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Thu 12 May 2016, 00:14

Trooper, good post at 15:30.

Rags, interesting post...

Johnny, where can I buy a 3 week mental holiday?

VVice... your speech is pure battery acid. It's good and tasty...

Stay well all.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1241
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by VVice on Wed 11 May 2016, 22:55

Rags,

I concur with TeenTitan. Before you hit the send button review what you write. You have poor spelling, poor grammar and poor context. Most of what you wrote is not/not understood.

As for the "Audie Murphy", you are mistaken. The people that I specifically named are in his class. I have met all of them and we respect each other because of our shared sacrifices and problems. I have also spoken to every minister and deputy minister since 2005 and all of them knew who I was as well as the other names.

There are too many Veterans who think that they are the ideal candidate because of what they have experienced. What many do not understand is the training required to be effective as a speaker and writer. There are thousand of pages of legislation, policy, program and service documentation, media reports, and other literature that one must know about and study.

My speech took days to write because I have to proofread, fact check and determine what was important. Preparation included reviewing the minister's mandate letter, his media releases, past and current policy, and future plans.

You also need to know that many stakeholders do not contribute much in these meetings. There may be a lot of people, but it is usual a minority that speak. It is very challenging to speak in front of an audience with confidence. One never knows what will be on the agenda, which is one of my biggest complaints. How would you do on a test if you could not study for it?

You do not have to accept my views. Watch the videos of the summit and see how many speak and what they say. If you are still unhappy with the Veterans Voice staff, well, so be it. I do not expect to please everyone all of the time.

Perry

Chief Editor

Remember, I was the only veteran given the opportunity to make a formal speech. TeenTitan was also allowed the same privilege at an earlier summit in PEI. It is not many veterans who are allowed to do so.

In April 2015, my summation of the discussion of our break out discussion received a standing ovation. Everyone was impressed by my ability to speak and remember so much of what was discussed with five minutes of preparation. This reflected positively on the skills acquired during my career.

It is obvious that you do not read anything on this website beyond CSAT. The articles posted by TeenTitan and Trooper are read by thousands of Canadians. The articles that I write are also read by thousands of people including politicians and bureaucrats. When I leave a summit, everyone knows who I am and what I represent.

VVice
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2014-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Wed 11 May 2016, 17:44

Hi gang, wow alot has been going on here, since I took a mental holiday 3 wks ago. Time to catch up. I thank all of you who run this forum and keep us informed. With so many changes going on at VAC it sometimes makes my head spin. But this old Siggy is glad to be back with my brothers. VVV...
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 11 May 2016, 15:30

Rags ,

Your comment to Perry's speech highlights several key points , one of them is "Propaganda" but there's more context in your comment , there's more to what you wrote to disqualify your response to Teen.
You have to understand that when you write something , it's not always the ones responding that miss the point.
Sometimes it is the one who wrote it that defends what they wrote simply because of either protecting their point , or have a tunnel vision of what they believe which is fine , but it's sometimes best to look at it from the person or persons responding point of view.
Like I said there's more to your post then just Propaganda.

Rags not everyone wants to go public or even discuss for that matter their injuries to others.

Some like to keep that to themselves and some like to come out openly and tell their story.

Take myself for example , I already know who I am , I know what I have been through , I know what I did , I know where my injuries came from but I only discuss this with close Family members , my doctors and to those who require the info for benefit application purposes.
That is really all that matters to me , I don't need to prove anything to anybody simply because I know myself inside and out.

I will not , nor should anyone else question the disabilities of anyone from our Staff , or CSAT unless they choose to openly discuss it.
More importantly not to prove any one particular point.
Why ? The answer is simple I hold no qualifications to question anyone in this regards , rather it be visual disabilities or non visual disabilities , rather it be to make a point of what I believe , I do not hold the qualification and I will not pretend to hold the qualification.

What Perry said at the Summit is what others could not say. Why ? The truth of the matter is they do not have the balls to say it and perhaps neither the knowledge Perry holds.
If a person has a stripe and visible wounds and they make the speech but fail in having the knowledge Perry holds , fails in having the ability to publicly speak , and most importantly fail in having the balls to deliver the speech Perry delivered , where is the point or points going to go , I'll tell you where , nowhere , back to the luncheon eat away and gather to say oh you did real good in your speech , but what was accomplished ? Nothing.

One of your points in your comments referred to Perry and others , and CSAT failing in credibility , that is insulting to all of us regardless if you rebuttal it using the word "Propaganda" again this is only one part of what you said.

However , it is your opinion , that is just the way you see it I guess , but sometimes Rags one has to take a step back and think a bit before writing a post that is known to be of a controversial type , you have given your opinion but at the same time insulted the very people that surrounds you even though you said you meant no disrespect.
I am one of those people , I am a part of VVi Staff , I'm also a part of CSAT as you are also , so the bottom line is even though your intention was not to insult anyone , you did , I'm not saying you did it purposely , you were simply giving your opinion.
So all I ask is you please keep that in mind moving forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Wed 11 May 2016, 15:10

Rag's you obviously are new to the game of following advocating. There have been plenty of veterans with very visible wounds that have gone after VAC.

I shared a stage with a vet who had ALS in Ottawa. I have stood beside Paul Franklin, Jody Mitic, Mark Fuchco making speeches about how bad the NVC is for veterans.

There was a sit in on Parliament Hill two years ago with Mark Campbell and countless other visibly wounded veterans.

In your opinion is that not using propoganda properly?

You missed my point in my statement about veteran organization presidents that just want to be brought to Ottawa by the Minister of Veterans Affairs. It makes them feel important. Yet they sit there like a wart on a frog's ass! They say and do nothing!

Do you not recognize that CSAT is one huge propoganda machine? There is a reason it is an open forum. Everyone from a researcher on the Ministers staff to reporters of the Canadian Press come to CSAT and read what veterans are saying when having to deal with VAC.

The best propoganda machine is right in the acronyms VeteranVoice.info...Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team.

ADM's have admitted to me that VVi and CSAT is educating the masses and it is a pain in their kiesters when talking to veterans now.

So I'm sorry if I misunderstood your first posting. I hope now you understand my posting that it doesn't matter wether the veteran making the speech is missing some limbs or visible scars. What matters is a Veteran had the balls to stand up and make the speech.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3304
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Wed 11 May 2016, 15:10

Rags, there is at least a couple that would suit your perceived notion of what a disabled Veteran looks like. Major(ret) Campbell lost both legs in Afghanistan. He is the main face for the Equitas lawsuit, and he was in attendance. Or Jodi Mitic, who also lost both legs in the sandbox. In fact, you yourself do not look like a severely disabled Veteran, at first glance, wound stripe or not. When we met, you weren't even using a cane to walk around. So please do not let ourselves get hung up on appearances, or worry about how we are perceived by the politicians. We are all Veterans. We are all disabled to varying degrees. And we all deserve appropriate compensation for the injuries that we have incurred while in uniform.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3189
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Wed 11 May 2016, 14:35

Teen,
 Then you missed the point of my comments.

Its about presenting best case with the best players to get the best impact. It would appear you dont agree with using the best possible soldier at the mic to get the best possible impact.

That is what my long paragraph is about.....not about a wound stripe you missing the Forrest for the tree your stuck on.

Having a person speak on DU in front of a standing committee who does not have it has an impact compared to having a soldier with DU poisoning speaking to the same committee. How you confuse that with Rags is yapping about a wound strip again is beyond me. Furthermore I dont need to know how cool Perry Gray is ....its not about that you missed the point again. Its about him presenting compared to someone else for the impact........like a soldier who has visible wounds for the impact. How you dont agree with that also makes me wonder.

So you dont get strung out in to weeds the point is have your best player deliver the speech if you rally want to be taken seriously. And so you dont feel insulted its not about best guy its about best propaganda value. So dont get all emotional and pull out your whinny yellow stress card.

Key word PROPOGANDA!!!!! learn how, go talk to media staffers....crap man even ISIS has this concept better then us.

Hey NAV Im in TO friday care to meet me?

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 11 May 2016, 14:34

I never want to hear the words Wound Stripe again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top