Not Sisip LTd money

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not Sisip LTd money

Post by Ex Member on Mon 23 May 2016, 10:14

Not sure if everyone on Sisip ltd is aware of this but all money we receive that comes from Manulife is not Manulifes money. Every dollar we receive comes from the federal government , Manulife only administers this money and receives a fee for doing this. Also the life insurance that Manulife provides is also covered 100 percent from the federal government and Manulife has to follow the rules the government lays down regarding insurance in a war zone. So really it doesn't matter what insurance company does what, it could be blue cross, sun life or Manulife , it doesn't cost them a penny!  This is why very serious talk T this moment is taking place regarding the Sisip ltd and vac rehab merger!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Sisip LTd money

Post by Ex Member on Mon 23 May 2016, 10:58

Thanks Navrat that is good to know.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Mon 23 May 2016, 12:15

Navrat the merge you speak of has been the talk of speculation for quite some time , I have heard nothing concrete on this , not even talks going on between both the MVA and the MND.

So if the talks are indeed taking place , their keeping it secretive.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5132
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Mon 23 May 2016, 12:19

I am not on sisip Navvy but that does not surprise me in the least.

There just legal pimps.

But if I flip the coin, anyone here on sisip doing a happy happy dance?
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Mon 23 May 2016, 12:33

So far I am but just recently started with SISIP , might not be after my first medical report.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Mon 23 May 2016, 12:35

As a taxpayer merging the two rehab and ltd programs make prudent economic sense! It also pleases the union representing VAC employees!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Mon 23 May 2016, 12:37

The merge I speak of is such a small portion of Manulifes business that they wouldn't even notice it. Manulife is one of the largest insurance companies in the world and actually is a registered bank in Canada.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peep on Wed 25 May 2016, 01:05

Manual live does vac payments besides SISIP? Though they only do SISIP
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Fri 27 May 2016, 13:46

Well navrat for a company you say is not giving any money to the CF or vets maybe you should take a closer look of the fine print on the contract the MND holds. Seems SISIP is contracturaly oblibed to give millions to MFRC's....yearly
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3239
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Fri 27 May 2016, 14:48

Yes, that may be true, but they are probably using the money from the huge surplus they have built up over the years by denying or low balling LTD benefits. They're certainly not donating their own money. I still want to know how much DND pays Manulife to administer the SISIP program. Chances are it's several times the amount given to the MFRC's.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3075
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Fri 27 May 2016, 15:16

Teen, do you honestly think Manulife or any insurance company would administer Sisip ltd or anything else for free. It's a private share holding company, get off the pot, any money's donated is probably a cut of the profit and Manulife fully rights off any donation thru tax deductions or other loop holes. Manulife is not your friend!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Fri 27 May 2016, 15:18

Did I say I'm friends with Manulife? No. I just made a comment about SISIP. The same thing you did so how's about you get off the pot? Just made a comment.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3239
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Fri 27 May 2016, 16:18

The way I understand it to work is that the SISIP LTD is group insurance plan for the Canadian Armed Forces Personnel.

It is sponsored by the Treasury Board of Canada.

The Chief of Defence Staff is the policy owner.

Manulife is the insurer.

The LTD is administered and managed by Manulife.

SISIP is responsible and accountable to the policy owner for the delivery of the program to eligible CAF personnel.

With regards to Manulife being your friend or not , well in my own personal experience with them they never once gave me a reason for me to say that they are not my friend.
Perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones but to be honest SISIP has always been good to me , my CM has always answered my questions and was always willing to take the time to explain what was going on with my file during the Class Action Lawsuit.
I think it's important to remember that those working for SISIP are just doing their job as we did when we served.
Any complaints of the program itself should be directed to the CDS which is the policy holder.
Manulife is just the administrator and is hired by the CDS so any policy changes has to come from the CDS.
With that said I'm sure there's individuals that have had some bad experiences with Manulife/SISIP , just like those who have had bad experiences with VAC in terms of the ELB.
But like in both cases , we have options available to us to address or respond to those bad experiences.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Fri 27 May 2016, 16:19

I've come to the conclusion that no government, no insurance company, nobody is a friend of veterans! They only help when it benefits them. I truly believe the only way forward is thru the courts for any and every issue because that way if we win, they have no choice!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Fri 27 May 2016, 16:39

Navrat yes the government but no to the insurance company , remember the government owns the policy therefore it is the government who is in control and responsible.

The courts is definitely a very good source of support for Veterans , just look at the SISIP Lawsuit and how Barnes helped so many Veterans , past and future.

What I would like to see today is all stop with any advocating or any contact with our MVA , a total boycott with only focusing on the public , the media and the courts.
The Equitas suit to me has put a full stop to the faith I have on our file concerning the reaction of late from our MVA.
The MVA knows the suit will take years to complete and he also knows it will cost the government more money to keep fighting us but it has become crystal clear he doesn't care.
Again it is true that his working on some promises , and that might be OK with some , but the failure to stop the Equitas suit is a clear signal that the biggest and most effective promise of his mandate letter is now in the hands of the courts , therefore I no longer see the need to waste time with a person who has failed us all in the biggest possible way.

JMO
Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top