Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Minister Hehr reaffirms Government of Canada's sacred obligation to Veterans

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Minister Hehr reaffirms Government of Canada's sacred obligation to Veterans

Post by Teentitan on Sun 19 Jun 2016, 13:04

Excellent listen....thanks for finding this gem trooper.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3289
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Bruce Moncur Audio Interview AM680 CJOB

Post by Guest on Sat 18 Jun 2016, 16:54

Bruce Moncur Audio Interview AM680 CJOB

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada / 680 CJOB - Winnipeg's News & Information Leader
Geoff Currier

Veterans Feel Betrayed by Trudeau Government: http://omnyapp.com/shows/geoff-currier/veterans-feel-betrayed-by-trudeau-government

Back to top Go down

VOICE OF THE PEOPLE

Post by Guest on Sat 18 Jun 2016, 16:38

VOICE OF THE PEOPLE.

June 18, 2016

WHAT ‘ALLY’ MEANS

Veteran Petter Blindheim’s predicament outrages me. I thought his situation would be rectified much sooner.

During the Second World War, it was the Allies who defeated the Nazis of Germany and the Imperial Japanese forces. My father, uncles and allies like Norway, the United States, Great Britain and many others joined together to win the victory which saved the world from an unimaginable hell.

As Allies they stuck together, fought together, were wounded together. Thousands gave their lives for the common cause, to win the war. Canada was proud to be part of that allied force which supported each other all the way.

What a slap in the face to all veterans who served in an allied armed force and after the war became Canadian citizens. The government in Ottawa has forgotten about the word “ally.”

How dare Veterans Affairs tell these true heroes, whose average age is 95, we will not give you a bed and take care of you so you can spend your final days with the Canadians you served with.

Let allies like Canadian Petter Blindheim spend their final days with Canadian veterans, who would welcome them with open arms.

Joe Bishara Sr., Yarmouth, Teacher and advisor of the Maple Grove and Yarmouth High Schools Memorial Club

NON-SWEEPING BROOM

It is a sad reflection on the state of government when an elderly vet, Petter Blindheim, who is in need of care, is denied access to an empty bed at Camp Hill Veterans Hospital and directed to apply for care in the swamped nursing home system.

This state of affairs is a consequence of CSDS, Common Sense Deficiency Syndrome, and a new broom which does not sweep.

David H. Webster, Kentville

WRONG HELMSMAN

The veterans affairs minister has said no to Petter Blindheim, the 94-year-old hero who desperately needs care at the wonderful Camp Hill Hospital. I say get rid of Kent Hehr and appoint Peter Stoffer at the helm.

You’ll get action then.

Rick DeWolfe, Porter’s Lake

http://thechronicleherald.ca/letters/1373426-voice-of-the-people-%E2%80%94-june-18-2016

Back to top Go down

Re: Minister Hehr reaffirms Government of Canada's sacred obligation to Veterans

Post by Dannypaj on Sat 18 Jun 2016, 15:13

Folks /Veterans, if Care, Compassion and Respect would be applied for this deserving soldier, then we wouldn't be having to debate,nor dig deeper.
Someone better flinch...denied, delayed, well I guess they're now waiting for him to die. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Dannypaj on Sat 18 Jun 2016, 17:14; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Sat 18 Jun 2016, 11:22

Go to 5:20 ish of the interview and listen to what he says. He basically threw the NS Liberal Premier under the bus by saying he doesn't have the power. Loosely he says 'If I could we wouldn't be having this conversation'.

It's a province v fed argument and Hehr flinched first. Hope this makes a reporter dig a little deeper.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sat 18 Jun 2016, 11:15

I agree. Move the guy in. Nobody is going to say he isn't deserving. What gets me is Hehr insisting in that interview that they try to place Veterans in their communities, whenever possible. Well Camp Hill is in this Veterans community. This is the place he wants to go. He meets the criteria of being an allied veteran, VAC has already acknowledged that mistake. there are beds available. I think right now he is merely digging in his heels, refusing to give into the public pressure, even if it's the right thing to do.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3112
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Sat 18 Jun 2016, 07:08

WHO's IN CHARGE?
I ALWAYS WONDERED THAT.
Now we know, nobody is.  Blame the MVA, the Premier, the MLA, who in the world is responsible and stop this talking around in  circles you bunch of idiots.
Just because you went to school, it doesn't make you any brighter. What a bunch of moron, that is all I can say.
Have a good day everyone.

If  I was in charge, I would give the orders to move that man to Camp Hill and take the heat for it later.  
No balls/backbone these people.
An example of moving people from bed to bed.
I worked at a Fed. Correctional Facility and I moved residents (convicts) from bed to bed if I had to. In the mean time saying screw who ever is in charge because they are not the ones on the front lines dealing with the crisis......get what I am saying.  
They go home and sip on their coffee and wonder how else to delay his care, I am willing to bet.  
Move that man and later deal with the repercussion.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 18 Jun 2016, 07:03

Like I said the lifelong pension is coming , there's absolutely no doubt in my mind Kent will deliver a lifelong pension as per his mandate letter.
All I can continue to say is don't expect a lifelong pension that will be inline with what Veterans are expecting.
Read between the lines folks , look at what has transpired thus far with respect to what was brought forward by Kent an his team of staffers/bureaucrats.
The ELB increase was a sneak legislation by them lowering the minimum set rate which ultimately will see many Veterans seeing 5% or less of an increase , we will all see this come this October , wait for it!
Another troubling area will be the award retro coming in 2017 , lots of Veterans were happy to see that promise come in , but according to VAC a 25% awarded Veteran will get $11000 , this is of course helpful to anyone receiving it but it's nothing to get overwhelmed about.
The workings of this government with regards to the Equitas lawsuit in it's latest standings is by far clearly the biggest signal coming from them showing every Canadian Veteran that the Liberal government does not have our backs , an furthermore shows that they are not listening to what Veterans are saying or asking for.
Like I said , the bureaucrats are running the show , the MVA has failed to show leadership an make command decisions on his own putting Veterans well being over the bureaucratic actions.
The fighting back an forth between the Veterans an the government has now showed that this type of action is getting Veterans nowhere , the government has spoken , an they have showed us all where they stand , the best avenue moving forward in my mind is to focus on Veterans protest with the support of the media which BTW is doing an excellent job , an the courts to protect us , an to give us all what we so rightfully deserve in our continued fight for our well being.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Sat 18 Jun 2016, 06:43

We are Veterans fighting our own government, does that make any sense to anyone? Blows my mind.
The MVA's position must be a position of no authority, so who pulls the strings in the back ground?
Who put this man as our MVA needs a good slap in they ass, I really feel for this guy.  
Stop the BS! and tell us the truth.  Not the stats, not this, not that, but what is actually stopping you.
The 94 year old vet is an example of delay, deny and die................and what can you do about it?
For now we are sitting pretty.  What judge would not take into consideration the whole strategy of the entire GOC and the way it treats all Veteran's file, with such dishonour and disgrace.
For it to even be unfolding in this manner is unreal ............it is a living nightmare that all women and men from coast to coast are reminded of each and every single day, while all the little PM's Minionsters  break for summer.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Sat 18 Jun 2016, 07:34; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 23:06

For the last time the Libs did not raise the lump sum to $360K out of the goodness of their hearts! Equitas proved the lump sum was always below the national average and the GoC, any party that would have won the last election, would have been legally obligated to do it.

Retroactivity is another fly in the ointment. It cannot be a going forward basis without one massive class action lawsuit from every veteran from 2006 to whichever year it is implemented.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 21:59

Ya, you could see her trying to get an answer from him but sucking chrome off a bumper hitch might have been easier! I don't know what is going to come out of this, I think some sort of pension but it will not be PA and more than likely will be an annunity type of set up. Take the lump sum upfront or have VAC invest the lump sum with an insurance company as a lifetime annunity with monthly payments. Some of the rumours I have heard are because the government raised the lumpsum that the new pension/annunity will be on a go forward basis, no retroactivity ?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 21:39

You could hear the exasperation in her voice near the end. As someone who is paid to listen and talk to politicians on a daily basis, her BS tolerance has to be extremely high, but even she was getting tired of listening to his nonsense.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3112
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 20:34

What's coming ain't no Santa... it be damage control.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1240
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 19:36

Well Nav how many times have you been told "Santa Claus is coming to town"?

Has he ever showed up?
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 18:38

Trooper, Something must be coming, ie life time pension, because the MVA keeps saying it. If they don't deliver it after constantly saying it 24/7 on the news then come election time they'll be in a heap of trouble. I wouldn't mine that Mercedee Stephens as the New MVA I'd believe anything coming outta her mouth!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top