Disability Tax Credit.

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Disability Tax Credit.

Post by 1993firebird on Mon 14 Nov 2016, 13:35

A third letter , same questionnaire , has been sent to my family Doctor which he has not received yet. This DTC process is turning into a nightmare.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Mon 14 Nov 2016, 14:00

Firebird,

The reason their sending letters back to your doctor is because of what your doctor filled out on the initial application.

When they send out letters to your doctor, it means that you are close of being accepted, but not fully there in terms of what your doctor filled out.

If your doctor completes the info that is required for acceptance from the sent out letter by CRA, then you will get approved, if not, chances are you will not be approved.

I would contact your doctor and make an appointment to go through what is detailed in that letter sent to your doctor by the CRA.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Mon 14 Nov 2016, 14:54

I did not explain what I wrote well enough. I mean the same questionnaire has been sent to my Doctor three times because the first two times he never received CRA's letter and it looks like he has not received the third attempt at sending him the letter. CRA does not fax and they will not send me the letter so I do not know how my Doctor can get the letter if a fourth time is required. It was sent in August , September and November. Maybe a fourth time will work. CRA has the correct mailing address.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Mon 14 Nov 2016, 15:08

Talk to your doctors secretary to confirm they are sending it to the correct address, the secretary can contact the CRA about this.

Also, what I have stated above would still apply in terms of what the letter is all about.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Mon 14 Nov 2016, 19:10

I gave the CRA the correct mailing address which I got from the secretary. I am aware that it is a questionnaire requiring further information as I asked the CRA already. One person can not deal with another person's CRA requirements unless the person has given them the rights to.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 18:53

I found out why my family Doctor was not receiving a letter from the CRA reference my disability tax credit , it is because he did not update his medical number and the CRA was sending it to his previous work location even though I gave them his current address.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 18:58

haaaa good you know that now hopefully you can get this straightened out before tax season .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 19:13

I hope so to. According to my account at the CRA they are going back to 2000.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 20:34

sweeeeeet .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Sat 19 Nov 2016, 16:39

So what I learned here is when dealing with the CRA and a Doctor whereby the CRA must send the Doctor a letter directly, make sure the Doctor's current office address is updated with the CRA under the Doctor's medical number because if their current work address is different under their medical number , which is a previous address , it will not matter how many times you give the CRA the Doctor's current address the CRA will mail it to the Doctor's address under their medical number and therefore will never receive it unless the Doctor left a forwarding address at their previous work location. Also the CRA will not tell you what address they have on file for the Doctor but will have you give them the address that you have for the Doctor and when the letter is mailed they will use the address that they have on file under the Doctor's medical number so if the two addresses are not the same the letter will never reach the Doctor and the CRA does not check to see if the address that you gave them is the same as the address under the Doctor's medical number. I SEE HOW DISABLED PEOPLE LOSE THEIR FAMILY , POSSESSIONS AND LIFE DEALING AND WAITING FOR BUREAUCRACY.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Sat 18 Feb 2017, 20:07

1993firebird wrote:Yes , I called today. CRA sent my Doctor a request for additional information at the end of August and have not heard anything yet so I am going to the Doctor's office tomorrow to find out the situation.
I applied as well last week, my psychologist forwarded a letter, it was quite detailed but I wonder where the privacy line is drawn and who reads it as CRA. It`s medically related , I wonder how many people have access to it?

Last edited by Artie Simm on Sat 18 Feb 2017, 20:50; edited 1 time in total
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2017-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Sat 18 Feb 2017, 20:32

I was wondering the same thing about privacy.
I still havent gotten around to getting my DTC filled out. Havent done my CPPD either :S
i know I need to do it, motivation is low and it all seems overwhelming.
I honestly havent even looked at the applications in depth.
Do they take a lot of time or effort?
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Sat 18 Feb 2017, 20:55

I simply found the form on line printed it and took it to my psychologist. There is a block on the form that asks the Dr. to explain how his patient meets the requirements and instructed to provide greater detail on a separate sheet of paper if need be. He send the form and the letter to my local city taxation office, not  the main CRA office in Ottawa ( if there is one ). It only went out this week but I have a feeling it will come back to me as having been sent to the wrong location, after some clerk has read everything about me of course.
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 07:59

just had t reapply for DTC after doing all the paper work again and get this all paper work was basically a photo copy of original application that was accepted and granted DTC but for some reason they denied my new application just can't figure these morons out and as I stated the new application is identical to my first application

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 09:56

Rifleman wrote:just had t reapply for DTC after doing all the paper work again and get this all paper work was basically a photo copy of original application that was accepted and granted DTC but for some reason they denied my new application just can't figure these morons out and as I stated the new application is identical to my first application
Was this after 5-6 years of being approved?
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top