Disability Tax Credit.

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Disability Tax Credit.

Post by Vet1234 on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 20:54

just got approved my DTC back to 2010
I do my taxes with HR Block, does anyone know if they are able to recalculate and give me an instant refund on the adjustment?
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 04:38

You will have to send  a letter or call (I can't remember) and have Revenue Canada, readjust your taxes going back to 2010 (adding your DTC, not sure but they may only go back seven years).
"That is the route I took when I was approved for the DTC".
I also deal with H&R block.
Hope this helps you.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 05:48

Vet1234 wrote:just got approved my DTC back to 2010
I do my taxes with HR Block, does anyone know if they are able to recalculate and give me an instant refund on the adjustment?

Danny is correct, you need to send them a letter requesting they reassess your taxes to reflect the DTC, the notice of approval will show the years back your entitled for reassessment. You can contact the CRA for info regarding the address you are to send your request for reassessment, ask them if you can do it through My account or fax, I'm not certain but they may have added other means to send in your request. You need to do this as they will not reassess your taxes automatically.

Everyone differs in terms of tax situations, the average return for the DTC is between $800 to $1000 for each year being reassessed, again, these numbers could be below or above depending on the individuals tax situation.

It takes roughly anywhere between 1 to 3 Months before your refund is deposited into your bank account considering you have direct deposit, from the time they receive the request for reassessment. No instant refund from the reassessment.

Also usually your approved for five years, on your 4th year you need to re apply if you are still DTC disabled, The CRA will not contact you, you need to do this on your own.

It's also a good Idea for your doctor to keep a record (photo copy) of your initial application for future reference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 12:37

I`ve been waiting 3 months already for an outcome of my reassessment
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2017-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo on Wed 04 Oct 2017, 19:33

Many may not know that Nurse Practitioners can now certify applications for the disability tax credit.

Nurse practitioners can fill out and sign Form T2201, Disability Tax Credit Certificate.
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top