SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Page 6 of 61 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 33 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Post by Teentitan on Fri 04 Jul 2014, 18:15

So I'm just completely lost on this one. How do you know if you are supposed to get/qualify for the COLA payment?

If anyone has any chance of getting someone at McInness Cooper to translate this agreement please do.

I can't help but feel the law firm is flipping us the bird and don't care and for the first time I am upset that I have to pay these guys!!
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 04 Jul 2014, 18:37

it looks like anyone collecting SISIP LTD prior to the order whether a class member or not in the initial suit and had an offset ie; CPPD, military pension ore any deduction should receive something .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Fri 04 Jul 2014, 18:51

One would think but they threw so many years, percentages, dates at us in the letter we never got an explanation from them.

Not to question you propat but you used the word "should" and I'm looking for a "will" and right now only our so called legal team can explain it and THEY AIN'T DOING THE JOB!!!! BUT THEY AIN'T GOT A PROBLEM BILLING US!!!!
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 04 Jul 2014, 19:22

no problem teen I fully agree we should have a plain English explanation but as discussed in this order anyone in an overpayment situation will have their refund deducted so until they get the pertinent info from SISIP im not sure you will get a WILL unless it is followed shortly thereafter with a EXCEPT IN THE CASE .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrelove on Fri 04 Jul 2014, 19:37

I just checked the LNVB website and the settlement court order is now posted there on the homepage.

On a second post, they have also posted three pages with names of undeliverable settlement packages because they don't have the current contact info for these members. If the name is on the list, there is a phone number to contact to get the member their package. I imagine that any if these people were on CSAT, they would have already contacted MC looking for their package. Hopefully, some of our CSAT crew know some of these missing folks and can get them in contact with MC.

Sabrelove

sabrelove
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired on Sat 05 Jul 2014, 04:06

Well, really these lawyers are set to make more millions on the backs of the veteran that has been disadvantaged by our own government. Personally I do not feel these bloodsucking legal team has earned a dime, they have not been fourth coming with any information or explanation on the last huge payday they had. Most of us have lost more than 50% of what was stolen from us to absorbant legal fees and again our government sucking as much back as possible. The law really has to be blind if this judge sees it that Driscoll and his group have actually earned the last payout. They dropped all of us like a hot rock, even though many of us tried to find clarity to the proceedings. They just did not care to take the time to explain things such that one did not have to go out and hire another lawyer just to decipher the court order. To me it is all but tempting to be one of 10 that writes to the court disagreeing with the order just so Driscoll does not get another dime. I am so tired of being screwed by all these do-gooders that say they are looking out for us. Now twice as many veterans will be stuck in the web to pay these guys more money. Extremely disappointed in the conduct of our so called legal team and the fact that they have not taken time to explain things better and to offer assistance to those that could really of used it over the course of the last year.
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Thu 30 Oct 2014, 14:00

Nav I'm no longer in the loop with the lawfirm...seems our lead plaintiff had a problem with me arguing over the lawyer fees as did the lead lawyer.

From what I have found out and will try to dig up some more info from other sources is this...

The changes in this month's LTD was an "adjustment" to our LTD. It had nothing to do with the COLA.

The COLA payments do not start until January 2015 for those who will get it. And before you ask I will try to get an interpretation to English who will and will not get COLA adjustments.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by F foundry on Thu 30 Oct 2014, 14:27

so what about the new taxes on SISIP benefits? I received a letter form Manulife today.
F foundry
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by F foundry on Thu 30 Oct 2014, 15:29

ok thanks, now will this new tax rate be based on our income tax from 2013 in any way
F foundry
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Thu 30 Oct 2014, 17:47

Hard to believe your in a Dog House Teen, like WTF is wrong with these people that want to help veterans lmao
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 on Fri 31 Oct 2014, 15:21

A little bit of UFI for all the Troops ....... in 2015 as it stands this month , we will only receive a .... 1 % increase , even though INFLATION is up about 4-5 % , & the National COLA according to the Consumer Price Index is at a FLAT 2 % this month , but as every other year , Mr. Harper dro[ps the price of gas Oct to Dec. & drops the COLA in 2015 to about 0.9 %

Then in January he will raise the price of gas to $ 1.38 again , nice guy .......

It keeps his COLA down each January though ..... Keeping 2/3 's of this country in the POOR HOUSE .... at 65 yrs. & older ....

Food for thought ,

For Country
Retired Army Master Sniper
Dave
family of ........7........

Will the New Minister of VAC Help ??????????????????????????
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Call of Duty on Mon 03 Nov 2014, 11:31

Hi everyone.  I also received a reduction in my monthly benefit of over 15 bucks. I called Manulife and Mcinnes cooper. Talked with Dan Wallace he said talk to Manulife. Talked to Manulife case worker and was told they had to go back over all the claims years and found out some years they payed more COLA then they were required to by the settlements guidelines. So they have adjusted everyones claims stating that some years they payed more and some they payed less! So they have adjusted everyones benefits according to the COLA settlement guidelines. However this does not affect the retro payments you may receive next year . Some may benefit by quite a bit , it all depends on how far back your retro went. HOWEVER MCinnes Cooper will still get they're lawyers fees on next years retro.  I have a feeling that I just got screwed by this part of the settlement and MC will still get some Fees on a small amount of retro I may receive. What a wonderful Law firm!

Call of Duty
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2013-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 03 Nov 2014, 14:17

Well explained COD, thanks for passing that on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 29 Nov 2014, 18:09

Well January is fast approaching, can anyone add any more info to the cola ?

The only two things that comes to mind is that payments will start this January ( supposedly )
And for whatever it's worth, last I spoke with MC, I was told that the payouts will be small compared to our retro, which is of no surprise, but was told without certainty that those with the longest years of retro, will benefit the most.
Has anyone else heard this ?

Curiosity is now starting to set in for me.

And what's up with all these fees ?
One would think that we already paid our fair share of fees.

Well, money is money I guess, will take whatever we can get.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 29 Nov 2014, 18:26

Don't want to see anymore apps and or 1198's.

They should just have the fees taken OFF, then send it right back to Manulife, and then have Manulife deposit it into our accounts.

Does that not sound logical ?

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 61 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 33 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top