Rude Awakening By Colonel (retired) Pat B. Stogran

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rude Awakening By Colonel (retired) Pat B. Stogran

Post by Dannypaj on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 06:38

Read the Colonel's book "R*de %wakening", it's more tale telling, unbelievable.....shame on all who hinder and thanks you to all who help!  
P.s I liked the reference to his Indulgence, "good one!"
Just help Veterans
That's it, that's all.

http://www.friesenpress.com/bookstore/title/119734000022499373/Colonel-(retired)-Pat-B.-Stogran-Rude-Awakening
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Rude Awakening By Colonel (retired) Pat B. Stogran

Post by Bruce72 on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 11:02

I purchased the ebook. I'm almost afraid to read it. It may make my contempt for the GoC past and present worse than it already is.

Bruce72
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 13:16

Being well informed is half the battle.
Have a read, put the book down and have a breather once in a while, "trust me it helps!"
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 15:34

Finally got a copy a while ago. 3/4 through it and it's a good reflection but old news to me.
Nothing I didn't already know... Still pretty sad though.

And the same bureaucratic shyte still happens today, wakey wakey...

Anyone else have a take on the book?
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce72 on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 16:04

When I finish the book I'll make a comprehensive comment/review. The Colonel has garnered my respect, I'll say that much.

But I think for the rest of the I'll drink myself into a stuper.

Bruce72
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce72 on Mon 15 Aug 2016, 10:05

"You can go into this action feeling assured of this, and as the head of the government I give you this assurance: That you need not fear that the government and the country will fail to show just appreciation of your service to the country and empire in what you are about to do and what you have already done. “The government and the country will consider it their first duty to see that a proper appreciation of your effort and of your courage is brought to the notice of people at home that no man, whether he goes back or whether he remains in Flanders, will have just cause to reproach the government for having broken faith with the men who won and the men who died.”

For the men and women who served in the Great War
For the men and women who served in World War II & the Merchant Marine
For the men and women who served in the Korean War
For the men and women who served in countless Peacekeeping missions around the globe
For the men and women who served in Afghanistan
For the men and women who will be deployed in current and future conflicts
For every Canadian Veteran

This is a message for the Liberal government.  Do your job.  Stop using veterans as a political tool.  Communicate clearly and without reservation with the veteran community. Never, literally, turn your back to a veteran.
You work for the people of Canada and soldiers, sailors, and air force personnel serve the people of Canada.

Last edited by bruce72 on Mon 15 Aug 2016, 13:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Bruce72
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce72 on Wed 21 Sep 2016, 07:27

Finally finished (Colonel retired) Strogan's book.

This book contains a lot of information. The most disturbing aspect of the contents therein is the section detailing the Federal Government's desire to move away from a model of compensation on an on going basis for Veterans to one of eventual sporadic and mostly detached compensation for the veteran community.

Federal governments' past and present have been using slight of hand tactics and fancy language to try to dupe the public and veterans into thinking they have ours best interest at heart.

But, the fact is that the government has repeatedly, and without shame and unabashed enthusiasm forged ahead with their perceptions and legislation on what they claim (and not from personal experience) to be what's best for veterans and their families.

The government has systematically, designed legislation that in all eventuality, will allow the government to off-load veterans care and compensation to provincial governments' and private charities or organizations like Blue Cross. Ever notice how small the VAC logo is on the Blue Cross card now?

Trudeau's Liberals cannot be trusted to have our best interest at heart. Whether it be the renewal of litigation against veterans in court, the lack of transparency, the MVA's apparent inaction on the Veteran file, front-line staff who don't know their jobs and relay false or confusing information to vets, sufferers of PTSD experiencing hurdles to service dogs or the changing of Permanent Impairment Allowance to Career Impact Allowance (change the name, we're still messed up from service to Canada), these are all indicators of a government doing the shuck and jive all while smiling for the cameras.

I've always had a suspicion the Federal Government was nothing but a pack of lying cheating thieves, and this book has only hardened that resolve.

When I served I certainly did not do it because I had firm belief in the government of Canada, I served to defend the values of the citizens of this country and to render as many of her enemies as possible non entities.

If we must, the veteran community will meet our own government on the battlefields of the Courts. Sometimes, the only way to achieve victory, is to use the very system we're forced to navigate, against those who designed it.

bruce

Omnia mea mecum porto

Bruce72
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sea0shell33 on Wed 21 Sep 2016, 08:45

Thank God the lesser of two evils got elected because it was the Conservatives who canned Pat. It was the Conservatives whose ideology states that disabled people should not be supported by the state. Any disabled person who supports the Conservatives/ Reform party is indirectly digging their own grave. Better still anyone disabled and needing support should call their Reform party candidate , don't mention that their disabled, and have a chat! According to my area Conservative even if you can move your fingers then your able to type and should do some sort of call centre work. I know I am going to get blasted by the many neo conservative members here but the facts speak for themselves, just ask Pat!

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Wed 21 Sep 2016, 10:30

Why would people argue/debate with you seaoshell? You aren't paying attention to the fact Pat did not get canned his contract ran out and he was not renewed. The many conversations he had were with senior bureaucrats.

If you think the lesser of two evils is in place then tell me who will vets turn to when they appeal decisions seeing as the Liberals have dismantled the Bureau of Pension Advocates. Vets are now going to appeal to the Unemployment Board of Canada. So how the hell can you call any political party lesser of two evils?

There's political views then there's veterans views. You seem to be stuck on the political view that you "think" is going to be better for veterans.

Until veterans during an election force any politician to give details on how they are going to improve veteran lives then we are only like a wheel. Going round and round fighting with the latest winners.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3248
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Mon 01 May 2017, 08:04

Here we go Ladies and Gentleman, we now have our selves a contender?
Pro veteran reform and hopefully a voice with a new vision for us veterans.
The ah. ah , ah and jibber-jabber and gobbledygook speech and bastardized use of both official language, most and if not all of is nothing but nonsense.
We now know that we can not get a straight answer from the MVA nor the PM and it'll now be even harder to get it out of him; A PM will  only be available for Q&A's once a week?
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Mon 01 May 2017, 08:07

http://m.torontosun.com/2017/04/29/pat-stogran-adds-strong-language-new-policy-in-ndp-race
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top