Bursary Fund (Assorted Topics)

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bursary Fund (Assorted Topics)

Post by O2force on Sun 19 May 2013, 20:45

Does anyone have any info in regards to us accessing the,correct me if I'm wrong, $10 million dollar bursary/!education fund.

O2force
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bursary Fund (Assorted Topics)

Post by pteadams2002 on Sun 19 May 2013, 21:07

I have emailed MC with that question. I was told that it would be forth coming to all class members but has yet to be released.
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by O2force on Sun 19 May 2013, 21:15

Tnx brother,

O2force
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by O2force on Sun 19 May 2013, 23:10

Lmao, I thought likewise ref my service dog. Why could we NOT use our portion of the bursary for the training, I've out out a grand out if pocket for vet checks and training

O2force
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

SOME Info on Education Bursary, More to Come

Post by teentitan on Fri 07 Jun 2013, 17:36

I emailed Peter today about the Education Bursary and this is what he sent...

We are in the process of putting it in place . Bursaries will be available during to 2013/2014 academic year, but not until after the school year starts. It will be administered independently by AUCC.

So now everyone can make their financial plans knowing they cannot access the money until after the school year starts.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3248
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

POST SECONDARY COST $ A WAY TO SAVE

Post by rucksack031 on Sat 08 Jun 2013, 12:12

First Teen thanks for the update on education bursury. Now as title suggests first the bursury will not help myself as my 3 are done, and many of you will be sending off your sons or daughters on there next chapter of a higher education. As my wife and I added up what we have put forth for our 3 it came out to $ 240,300 OUCH, well worth it son 1 masters eng, Queens son 2 mbna, masT econ(h) CPA, world security degree, McMaster #3 Daughter one yr left Residency, Western U. So one can see what it might cost so what my wife and I found out the greatest expense was housing, food, cell, internet, transportation, so during that period we took in 7 young adults over a 10yr period, 5 where vets kids, 2 where still serving. We provided them with a safe home, at 0 cost to the parents, they had internet, tv, laundry, expenses the parents did not have to worry about, just tution and food.most times wife cooked enough,and this favor was extended to 2 of mine while away. I know its long winded but after reading so many members on csat who children are ready for the next step and the cost to come, and the amount of Vets from coast to coast and the university"s in there home city or towns may make this dream for each parent and child a reality. Now this is not for everybody just and idea maybe We can set up a data bank accross the country for Vetshelpingvetkids of those who might be able to help,food for thought. Rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 08 Jun 2013, 12:45

great minds discuss ideas, mediocre discuss events, small minds discuss people..

well im sure I could not participate in better days and in my old house close enough to a university I surely would.i did have to chime in though im sure the mechanics of this could be worked out so I think this is a great idea.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie on Sat 08 Jun 2013, 16:01

I am in for that. Living here in Lethbridge there is both a college and university and with hubby working out of town and my own daughter of to college I have free time

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ceedee on Sat 08 Jun 2013, 16:28

great idea

ceedee
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Back to top Go down

Information about Education Funds

Post by Ex Member on Fri 28 Jun 2013, 09:48

As of now, after talking with MC. One bursary is allowed for each member. It can be used by the member, the member's spouse, child, grandchildren, nephew or niece.
In recognition of the hardships experienced by some members of the class, the parties have agreed to establish a $10 million bursary fund to be administered over a period of 15 years by the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada. This fund can be accessed by class members and their families for part-time or full-time study and is expected to generate bursaries of up to $1,300.00 for each eligible applicant.

MC is as of today june 28th.-2013, is still working with AUCC (??)  to set up details for the funds.
MC is saying that one bursary is allowed for each member and then we have the app that says it is suppose to generate bursaries of UP TO $1300.00 for each eligible applicants.
What am I not understanding? Is the applicant considered the member or is it each person that makes the demand?

Also, does anybody know if you have already taken a course for a second career, etc. in the previous years........will they refund?

Would they also allow someone to take further education as home school on computer for an employment if this person is not medically fit at the moment but it would benefit this person down the road?
This would be a total life change for my daughter if her schooling could be done at home. I'm actually excited for her if this could happen. It would be a big step for her.

If someone can give me even more info.......I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance
Widow of Veteran

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Fri 28 Jun 2013, 10:06

Widow of Veteran, thank you so much for your post and the time you spent with it ~  in our case, we paid for our three children to go through college and the fund won't assist us at this point.  I am certain many veterans are of the age where parents have already absorbed the costs for their children's post secondary schooling. I am also wondering about the online courses ~ upgrading courses as two of our children  will be continually upgrading in the computer field with accreditations but in the grand scheme of things, the bursary per family really is a drop in the bucket for education costs.
Wishing you and your daughter the very best in her studies ~ she deserves it.
Sparrow

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Fri 28 Jun 2013, 10:32

Thank you so much Sparrow.
My daughter is done her secondary studies but needs to further her studies to enhance what she wants to accomplish. A special training is needed so she can become a Doula (labour support). The company teaches online but she does have to attend some classes for the hands on.
Maybe MC would provide me with phone number once it's in power.

Thanks again for your kindness

Widow of Veteran

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Fri 28 Jun 2013, 10:37

I hear ya on that Lory as for the on line courses I was told that they only can be covered as part of the VOC/REHAB for either the member or the spouse but only one can apply. I asked about my children and have yet to receive an answer as my daughter will be attending university his fall, I wanted to enrols her into the VOC/REHAB Program. Damn school is a tad expensive but that's the price you pay to have a scientist in your family.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Fri 28 Jun 2013, 10:37

Well done WoV ~ that is a beautiful career choice for your daughter. I know you must be very proud.
Sparrow

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Fri 28 Jun 2013, 10:41

It is always so rewarding to see our children do well RR ~ that is what it is all about ~ the sacrifices and hardships. I can imagine how proud you are of her. From what I see you have a scientist and a writer in the family.
Sparrow

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top