Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?

Post by Guest on Fri 16 Sep 2016, 05:46

thanks for the info on the SISIP decision teen .

and this is why we apply for EVERYTHYING we may be entitled to weather it helps us or not .

apply apply apply

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 16 Sep 2016, 05:37

yup sounds real buds guess they already started sending them out . its just a heads up Robbie .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 16 Sep 2016, 05:19

[size=20]WHAT IS THIS AND IS IT REAL got this today
[/size]
[size=20]On October 1, 2016 several changes to the Earnings Loss Benefit will come into[/size]
[size=20]effect as a result of proposals included in the[/size]
[size=20]2016 Budget[/size]
[size=20]. These changes[/size]
[size=20]include:[/size]
[size=20]•[/size]
[size=20]increasing the Earnings Loss Benefit from 75% to 90% of recipients' adjusted[/size]
[size=20]military salary at the time of release, resulting in a minimum total annual income[/size]
[size=20]of $44,496.00, including income from other sources; and[/size]
[size=20]•[/size]
[size=20]fully indexing military salaries to reflect actual cost of living increases.[/size]
[size=20]We are pleased to inform you that we will begin re-calculating your Earnings Loss[/size]
[size=20]Benefit as soon as the new rules go into effect on October 1, 2016.[/size]
[size=20]•[/size]
[size=20]If you are currently in receipt of a monthly Earnings Loss Benefit payment,[/size]
[size=20]we already have the information we need to re-calculate your benefit under the[/size]
[size=20]new rules. We will advise you of any changes to your benefit amount beginning[/size]
[size=20]with your October payment.[/size]
[size=20]•[/size]
[size=20]If you are eligible for the Earnings Loss Benefit, but not currently in receipt[/size]
[size=20]of a monthly payment,[/size]
[size=20]we will contact you in October with further instructions[/size]
[size=20]regarding the information we need to calculate your potential benefit under the[/size]
[size=20]new rules.[/size]
[size=20]If you have questions, please call us toll free at 1-866-522-2122. [/size]

Last edited by RobbieRoyal on Fri 16 Sep 2016, 05:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman on Thu 15 Sep 2016, 22:28

Thanks for the news teen

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Thu 15 Sep 2016, 22:03

Well I've found out some good news and some bad news.

Bad news....the TB and PMO made the decision NOT to give SISIP LTD the 15% increase. It was not an insurance decision it was a government decision.

The good news....if you applied for ELB in the past but were denied because of your LTD zeroed you out you will get the 15% from VAC as an ELB payment. So yes you will get a LTD and ELB monthly payment and a T4A from both GoC and Manulife at the end of the year for your taxes. You didn't think it was only going to be one did you?

The bad news attached to the good news....if you have not applied for the rehab under the NVC you need to apply to VAC for the rehab program to get the 15%. So yes VAC will have a tsunami of applications but it is not known if application date protection will happen. But it looks like the applications will be fast tracked with "loose" rules.

Some more bad news attached to the good news....if your SISIP LTD is not a service related injury you are most likely going to be denied your application with VAC for NVC. This is the downside to the "loose" rule of approval but don't let this stop you from applying.

Letters are going to be mailed out in October with the explanation of what to do. It was strongly suggested to me that everyone with a MY VAC ACCOUNT starts the application process now.

So it looks like we will now have 2 veteran categories for ELB/LTD. Service related with benefits and non-service related without benefits.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3312
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 on Thu 15 Sep 2016, 18:11

Panserbjorn, if you are approved for ELB & get SISIP, they ahve to pay you ELB. The reason is simple. They cannot take the Cost Of Living Allowance from SISIP LTD into account as per NVC Regs s. 27. OVO is investigating, my first step in getting state resources to investigate. One man can only do so much.

I also discovered a potential pension COLA issue where SISIP took the pension off after the pension had COLA added. That is a separate issue from the Manuge case COLA action. That was based on the COLA only applying to the net benefit: For ex, say SISIP was 2k & pension 1k: They deducted 1 from 2 & added COLA to 1k instead of 2k.

The problem I found is: say SISIP had 2% COLA & the pension had 6%, same figures: SISIP $2040 - 1060 = 980. The proper way would have been $2040 - 1000 = 1040

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2015-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 15 Sep 2016, 16:29

I still believe that in time, around April 2017 or hopefully before we will hear the 15% increase from SISIP. I realize it's mind boggling as to why they keep Veterans on edge not being forthcoming sooner, but it won't be the first time they did that. It's really frustrating to be kept in limbo on this particular issue, but that's the way they like to handle things. As long as they follow the same increase as the ELB and pay retro back to Oct 2016 by April of next year, that will be OK. If not, well they will probably be challenged by way of the courts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Panserbjørn on Thu 15 Sep 2016, 11:05

That's the thing, I do not think they have any clue how this is all going to go down. I do like Xnurse's reply because it seems official but how come I was told something different only a day prior?

This will more than likely lead to a lawsuit against VAC for the ELB, or a lawsuit against SISIP for clawing back the extra 15% from ELB.

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sea0shell33 on Thu 15 Sep 2016, 09:53

Panser, i got the same answer and was also told Vac has no direction on this . Another lawsuit?

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Panserbjørn on Thu 15 Sep 2016, 08:18

Yeah a VAC Case manager.

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Thu 15 Sep 2016, 08:13

Panser, who told you that? VAC? There is nothing in the legislation or regulations that says that SISIP cancels out your ELB. It is merely a deduction, that until now, equaled the ELB amount, effectively cancelling it out. But if your ELB is increased to $5000 with this change, but your income from SISIP and the other sources remain at $4000, you should be getting that extra $1000 as ELB.

So the only two reasons I can think that you would be told that, would that VAC staff knows that SISIP is also going to be increased, but cannot say it outright, OR they are completely incompetent. At this point neither, can be completely ruled out.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3245
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Xnurse on Thu 15 Sep 2016, 06:38

Don't understand the discrepancy. I guess we'll see in October.
Xnurse
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2016-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Panserbjørn on Thu 15 Sep 2016, 01:34

I received an answe as well. Stating that while on SISIP, I will not see a ELB payment for the difference. Even though I am approved ELB

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 14 Sep 2016, 16:43

Very good Xnurse, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xnurse on Wed 14 Sep 2016, 16:35

The question they were answering was if I could receive the 15% ELB increase despite being a SISIP client. And if I needed to reapply for ELB despite being a zero sum ELB due to SISIP.
Xnurse
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2016-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next