Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?

Post by Panserbjørn on Sun 04 Sep 2016, 01:53

I applied and was approved for ELB but was told I will receive no payment as I was already in receipt of LTD SISIP.

Does that answer your question Bruce?

As for Steelgunners' post, I think it is brutal living paycheque to paycheque while injured. Especially when it isn't divided into mid and end of months pay. It can make things fairly tight.

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Sun 04 Sep 2016, 07:36

I have had 75% of my release pay for 7 years... no tours, field or jump pay. No promotions nothing. A career impact factor would be a huge deal. In definitely hurting from the system.
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sun 04 Sep 2016, 11:23

Bruce, SISIP is the first payer, so if you get SISIP, your ELB payment is reduced to zero, not the other way around. What lawnboy is advocating for is that a member who is injured while on duty, should receive 90% of their military pay from SISIP, AND 90% of military pay from ELB, for a total of 180%, plus receive CPP(D), CF pension, VAC disability pension, PIA and PIAS, among other benefits

So a 100% disabled Veteran, with a Military salary of $5000/mo with 10 yrs of service, could get

$4500 from SISIP with no deductions,
$4500 from ELB with no deductions,
$1000 for a CF pension,
approx $1000 for CPP(D),
$2700 for PA pension (plus additional monies for dependants),
$1775 max for PIA,
$1088 PIAS
$1783 grade 1 Attendance allowance

For a total of $18346/ mo

As incredible as that would be for Veterans, no government is ever going to pay a Veteran almost 4x the amount of their military salary following an injury. I think that we would have a better shot at convincing the government to make the NVC benefits tax free, putting more in our pockets, without breaking the bank.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3047
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Panserbjørn on Sun 04 Sep 2016, 11:32

Do you have PIA Vet1234?

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Panserbjørn on Sun 04 Sep 2016, 11:34

Yeah bigrex, I agree with you.

All those benefits combined? Just never going to happen.

Now tax free MVC benefits would be amazing. Even just a couple hundred in our pockets can make a huge difference.

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 04 Sep 2016, 12:33

Well, that does sound nice Bigrex.    When we all say wow, not possible.  

First think of MP's salary and their big ass balloon of a penision.   Then ask yourself are we really asking to much?   A injury penision paid out at your % is all I am asking.  

Maybe the threat we are trying to get it all 4x our  amount pay to settle for the penision.   Keep going Lawnboy!!!!   You never know what might happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce72 on Sun 04 Sep 2016, 14:59

Thanks for the info guys. I agree all NVC benefits should be tax free. I'd like my PIA 3 to be tax free, just like my PA pensions.

Bruce72
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 626
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Sun 04 Sep 2016, 15:16

Panserbjørn wrote:Do you have PIA Vet1234?

No!  Applied for it last December.  Got denied in March.
 reason for denial was " No current Psychological assessment (within 2 years)" and " currently attending school full time"
They didn't ask for a new Psych evaluation and I met with a nurse once for about 45 mins. Going to school is not grounds for denial. you can go to school and be PIA.
I just applied again, as I got a new Psych eval a few weeks ago and he says I'm permanent and chronic, can't work.
I'll ask for a review and backdate to December because PIA policy states:

An application for the PIA or the PIA supplement is a process rather than the submission of a single form.
A complete application for PIA, an increase in the grade level due to a reassessment, and the PIA supplement must be made in writing by the member/Veteran or the member’s/Veteran’s legal representative and shall include:

a complete and signed VAC approved application form(s), which contains a declaration attesting to the truth of the information provided.  Letters may be acceptable in lieu of an application form if they are accompanied by a signed affidavit or declaration attesting to the truth of the information provided;
   medical reports or other records which document the health problem(s) creating  the permanent and severe impairment or the total and permanent incapacity, as the case may be; and
   at the request of the Minister, other information that is necessary to determine eligibility and calculate the amount payable.

The Department may request health professional reports, such as a VAC Nursing Assessment, the Occupational Therapy Assessment and Optional Tools, Psychiatric/Psychology Reports, and Physician Reports, if the information on the file is not sufficient for eligibility or assessment purposes.
The member/Veteran is considered to have made an application for the PIA and the PIA supplement when all of the application requirements identified above are met to the satisfaction of the Department.

They didn't have what they needed to make a decision and instead of asking for the info, they adjudicated and denied.

Top it off....  I wasn't given an opportunity to know what was being submitted on MY APPLICATION, or request or submit any relevant info ie.  a "current psych report"

I feel like my CM failed me ( a nurse?  they cant make a psych evaluation)  
Tried to get a new CM and the CM team manager suggested having a meeting with my CM, himself and I....
annnddd for the next 2 weeks the CM Supervisor is on holiday, and his replacement is my CM!!  
I may as well just bend over and bite my beret.
Frustrated as F$$$.

Last edited by Vet1234 on Sun 04 Sep 2016, 15:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Panserbjørn on Sun 04 Sep 2016, 15:40

Ouch sounds like a complicated situation.

I think going to school is hurting your application for at least the PIAS since you can "work" towards a degree. As for the PIA, I believe going to shook has no bearing as you just need to be affected by a permanent and severe condition(s) which affect your potential.

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Sun 04 Sep 2016, 15:51

well School starts on Tuesday and I'm not going back on my Psych's advice.
Thing is.. When i first started with VAC, I was under the impression that if I wasnt going to school, I wouldnt get any benefits or ELB. I knew I wasnt able to work and would just fail out of school, but knew nothing of EELB or PIA/S. I thought ...I need to feed my family, and if I'm not going to school (even though it made me a mental wreck) I will get nothing from VAC. The system is bloated, confusing, intimidating and my CM hasn't been the crutch I need to navigate the system.
Fortunately I found this forum. Big Ups to all the guys on here.
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Panserbjørn on Sun 04 Sep 2016, 16:41

My VAC experience has been fuelled by my desire to provide for my family. Hell I even applied for the CIB even though I am 99% sure they will deny it. Not because I am not entitled but because they don't want to give out the money.

You should take the quiz on my VAC. It will give you a list of benefits that you can apply for.

Keep fighting. Keep strong.

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Sun 04 Sep 2016, 16:56

Vet1234 wrote "Top it off....  I wasn't given an opportunity to know what was being submitted on MY APPLICATION" That's one reason why paperwork I send with most applications I call my 'pulp and paper mill Smile ' Every shred of it that's relevant. Supposed to be in my file already? I don't care! I send copies of everything. But we all got blindspots, one reason my first pia got denied. Not the second time though. One simple example, for my 2nd pia application I also sent a copy of my VIP approval letter. Kinda like connecting the dots for VaC.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1158
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Sun 04 Sep 2016, 17:01

That's exactly what I plan on doing moving forward. I honestly believed that VAC had my back and would navigate the system on my behalf... I was definitely mistaken.
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Sun 04 Sep 2016, 17:20

Kinda like a deer in the headlights having one of those "aha" moments?
Pass it along...
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1158
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 on Mon 05 Sep 2016, 12:24

2015 announcement on Res F equity on ELB

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?mthd=tp&crtr.page=7&nid=949439&crtr.tp1D=1

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2015-05-02

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top