Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?

Post by Panserbjørn on Mon 05 Sep 2016, 15:43

I am sure I am not the only one who is counting down the days until the end of October. We should see an announcement in support of an increased SISIP amount or a refusal which will lead to a court battle.

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sea0shell33 on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 13:44

You are not the only one ! Trying to find any information regarding this is near impossible. My Sisip warden has stated to me that they have received nothing which i find hard to believe. The government would not introduce an improvement to the wage loss benefit and exclude the couple of thousand that are receiving ltd.

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 16:03

Welcome Sea0shell. It actually does not surprise me. There have likely been several discussions between the MVA, the MND and the heads of SISIP. But until something is made official, they would not be allowed to disseminate that information to the SISIP frontline staff, to prevent any leaks.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3073
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 16:22

Just noticed this Rally on the subject from Mike Blais -

Michael Blais ! To make it easier... Attention all disabled veterans on SISIP! Stand to... or loose it!

The Liberal Government is moving forward on a promise to raise the earning loss benefit to wounded warriors to ninety percent and will start compensating veterans at the new rate on October 1st.

Unfortunately, there is no equality in recognition of national sacrifice and those veterans, arguably those who have accorded the greatest sacrifice on behalf of our nation, have been excluded.

Those of us who are covered by the SISIP income loss replacement program have been ignored, those who have been deemed permanently disabled as a consequence to the valorous service will be denied the increase.

There must be equality in recognition of national sacrifice, there can be not one standards for one veteran that does not apply to another, all national sacrifice must be treated equally, without reservation or discrimination .

This is a political decision, according, we shall assemble on Parliament Hill on October 4th at noon to exercise our right to public demonstration, to rally veterans affected and those who support CVA equality standards under the flag of inclusion, not exclusion an denial as we have been subject to the past ten years.

The CVA is non partisan and as I promised many who are conservative inclined during the past, when the moment came, if the moment came, that the CVA would focus on the new government with the same passion and dedication to thwe wounded as we have accorded the last. I am hopeful that those who did not support CVA activities in the past due to political allegiance will now step up, show up and accept the obligation to fight on the issue, and the "re establishment" of the life time pension aka Pension Act...

The time has come, the government is waffling, bringing forth measures that are exclusionary and at the level the CVA was founded to fight upon, I can assure you, we will engage.
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 508
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 17:09

the moment came when the minister said the lifelong pension is complicated and would take time and this guy actually stated the same words along with supporting the minister against a vet after the minister was given a much needed kick in the pants . not that I don't have some time for the guy . thing is recognising you are in a fight needs to be done before the enemy is close enough to be actively stabbing you in your back not after .

welcome back to the fight mike better late than never .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 19:15

I think Mike is jumping the gun on this, and should at least wait until the ELB change is enacted before crying foul. If the government came out in the next few weeks and announced the change to SISIP on Oct 1st, or somewhere down the road, he will end up looking like the boy who cried wolf. The rub of it is, I believe that Mike Blais is on SISIP, and not ELB, and therefor he has a personal agenda, that might be clouding his judgement.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 19:27

If it attracts the media's attention, which Blais is good at, then why not jump the gun and get a Mercedes Stephenson to get up into Hehr's grill on how he is not living up to the Liberal promise of one veteran one standard.

The Libs bought the votes and it's time to cash in that purchase.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3238
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Panserbjørn on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 19:42

I believe a wait and see approach is what is best at this moment in time.

It's about a month and a half until the SISIP payments go out for October. Which means they have that long to come out with an announcement before action needs to be taken.

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 19:52

Panserbjorn don't know how long you have been following vet issues but I've been doing this for 17 years and it is never a good idea to wait when it comes to vet issues.

It's hard to fight them after the fact because the bureaucratic male bovine feces roadblocks by VAC are even harder.

So I encourage everyone on LTD to start emailing newspapers and tv reporters. It's Sept and it's a great time to feed them.

teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 20:01

The problem could be that if the public, and the media, start to see veterans complaining about being denied benefits, without knowing whether or not they truly have been denied, only to be proven wrong, we could lose their support. Then if the government hums and haws about making future announcements about benefits (monthly pension)for political motivations, the media could refuse to throw their weight behind us.

But you are right about contacting the media, but instead of saying that they are being left out, say that they have received no assurances from the government that they won't be left out. It's all in how you approach the subject, that can make a significant difference.

Last edited by bigrex on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 20:04; edited 1 time in total
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 20:02

Not to piss in anybody's cornflakes here but wait and shoot is not any approach I would take here it's time to hold these morons accountable for there promises they made any media coverage now is better then nothing I truly believe we have waited long ENOUPH for answers on numerous topics but yet we have heard very little it's time to lock and load and rapid fire before its to late ( just my opinion )

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 20:18

Rex I can't agree with your suggestion.

Trudeau said he would increase ELB to 90% and vets voted for him.

By not even telling us LTD vets if we get the bump is BS!

He bought votes and it's time to cash in. Or were the bought votes non-refundable because we didn't ask if the increase included LTD VETS?

Now is not the time to give the benefit of the doubt to them and wait. You know damn well this is going to turn into a FUBAR and who's going to pay? Severely injured vets that's who.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 20:46

I'm not say just give them the benefit of doubt, but use the press to demand answers, and then if they say that SISIP isn't going to get the increase, demand to know why. But by going public now, saying that SISIP LTD recipients are going to get screwed, without knowing whether or not that is true, he leaves the possibility of being made to look like a fool, which will only hurt his, and the CVA's, credibility on future issues.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 20:51

Seems like Canadian Veterans Advocacy has entered the fray on the SISIP LTD not going to 90%

I came across an interesting document today. The NVC amendment seems to say that ELB will be retroactive to 2006 for the 20% increase (15/75 = 1/5 = 20%)!

I asked VAC about this & was told I was reading it wrong but it seems quite clear to me.

Besides, increasing the non-economic Disability Award LSA by 20% retroactive to 2006 but NOT increasing the ECONOMIC loss benefit is INSANE! They are joined at the hip!

Funny thing, ELB increased by 20% would cost WAY less than increasing the LSA. For example, the 1st 5 years ELB was $2-300 Million but LSA was $950 Million! 20% of that is $200 Million tax free payout. 20% of $300M = $60 Million! Poor use of the taxpayer's money.

Actually though, I want them to increase BOTH

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2015-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 20:57

Not sure about earlier suggestions and thoughts. But flat out, sisip must go par to elb. Has to.
Damn politics ! Who the hell is buying who? Pxxxx's me off to extreme. Frack !
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1196
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top