Federal government to pay compensation to cadets injured in 1974 grenade accident

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Federal government to pay compensation to cadets injured in 1974 grenade accident

Post by Bruce72 on Fri 02 Sep 2016, 20:29

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics/cadets-grenade-accident-compensation-1.3746700

Bruce72
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Federal government to pay compensation to cadets injured in 1974 grenade accident

Post by Bruce72 on Fri 02 Sep 2016, 20:33

In my opinion, this compensation package does not go far enough. There should be monetary compensation as well.

Bruce72
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Federal government to pay compensation to cadets injured in 1974 grenade accident

Post by Panserbjørn on Fri 02 Sep 2016, 21:21

From what I read it seems like monetary compensation is still being considered.

I'm surprised it remained quiet for so long. You would think a family member would have gone public.

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce72 on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 08:52

The fact that no former cadet or family member came forward to seek justice or compensation regarding this incident, goes to show just how deep they buried this pain.

The federal governments of Canada have used every opportunity to avoid taking responsibility for this incident and so many others, whether it be the Merchant Marine, Korean War veterans, those exposed to Agent Orange or the introduction of The New Veterans Charter (there is no such thing as a new veteran, there are only veterans) just to name a few.

I chalk all this up to what I call the "God complex" politicians think they are smarter than everyone else, and that they can do and say what they like. But, they're wrong. Politicians are wrong more often than they are right. As evidenced by the 45,000 lawsuits that are pending against the federal government.

Bruce72
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top