VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land)

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land)

Post by Ex Member on Mon 26 Sep 2016, 17:57

I started a claim in Jan 2016, I got a letter 7 March 2016 saying it will be 16 weeks till you get your answer from VAC about your claim.  Nothing after the 16 week, so I called every month.  Got a different answer  every time I called.  So the other week I actually got someone that was caring and understood my point.  So he gave me a number to call and leave a message, a lady actually called me back in a few days.  She informed me they where currently doing Jan 2016 files, she looked at my file and said don't expect answer for about two months or into Jan next year.  

That's a long time to wait when they put out that 16 week letter back in March 2016.

Here is my main reason for posting:  The vets that are post NVC and have only been dealing with lump sums are at a far more disadvantage then pre NVC.   If I was pre NVC and getting a monthly penision cheque I would not worry to much when the claim finally went through.  Now, us post NVC vets sit and wait and wait and wait and wait. Then the MVA brings up that we should be patience and wait. (Major angry running through my veins, grrr.)

This is still not the longest wait period I have had.  Anyone in those special interest groups please bring this up.

Check below link MVA and his staffers hard at work.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GZX7C0L3PvQ

There is a difference waiting for a claim post NVC.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Re: VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land)

Post by red510 on Mon 26 Sep 2016, 19:35

I applied for three DAs. One in Jan 2016 and two in Mar 2016. All are at Stage 3. Case Manager doesn't know much more. I have a hard time waiting but I am glad to hear that Jan 2016 files are finally being looked at right now. I am sure the backlog has only been made worse by all the extra work related to changes in ELB. I was approved for ELB in the summer but have yet receive any.

red510
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2016-04-21

Back to top Go down

Reply from VAC after question about wait times for claims.

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Sep 2016, 17:49

Below is the e mail I got from VAC regarding wait times for claims.

So basically they thought with less vets because of time and sadly vets passing away they thought they could down size. Was VAC not clued in from 2001 to 2013 we had troops in Afghanistan and would they not think more claims would becoming in?

Xxxxxxx (Retired) Xxxxxx,

Thank you for using My VAC Account and our secure email services.

I can understand your frustration. When the Service Standard
was changed from 22 to 16 weeks several years ago it was assumed
that as the older generation of WWI, WWII and Korean War veterans
is diminishing, there will be less applications for Disability
Benefits. Accordingly, quite a few of Veterans Affairs Canada
(VAC) personnel were let go and some Area Offices were closed.
However, the number of application increased from the newer
veterans. We apologize for not fulfilling the 16 week standard
and confirm that the adjudicators are working on the applications
submitted in January 2016. We thank you for your patience and
understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact
us again via My VAC Account, or our toll-free number 1-866-522-2122.

Sincerely,

Jolanta Kwiatkowska
NCCN Analyst
Veterans Affairs Canada

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Tue 27 Sep 2016, 18:06

It has to be a regional thing. I'm in Ontario and I spoke with "Andrea" in Pembroke, who processes DA claims, she said they are just starting to look at claims from end April 2016.
Either way it's ridiculous.
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Tue 27 Sep 2016, 18:35

It's a real B but hang in there.

Lots around our circles know about waiting.
Sure as hell feels like the 2nd coming of Christ somedays.

But don't case out the mailman like I did.

Stay very well all...
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 27 Sep 2016, 19:03

The Tories knew very well that changing the wait times to 16 weeks would increase the actual wait times, because it went from 24 weeks from first contact, to 16 weeks from when the file went to Charlottetown. That wouldn't be so bad, because that would still give the Regional offices 8 weeks to search your med docs for appropriate documentation, and request a medical questionnaire. But when you cut the staff at the regional offices, at the same as increasing case loads because of those offices that were closed, have to go somewhere, it often takes much longer than 8 weeks to send the paperwork up the pipe. But when staff in Charlottetown were also cut, the wait times went from 24 weeks to close to 52 weeks.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3102
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 04:15

Rex sorry but your political spin in your answer is wrong.

The main cause of long wait times is not at the DO level it's at VAC. The adjudicators are the ones who are causing the long wait times. And these wait times have been increasing every year since 2000 when I first applied.

Until everyone UNDERSTANDS that bureaucrats at ALL levels hate a Conservative gov't because they want to govern them to do their job promptly. But a Liberal gov't let's them do what they want which essentially puts them in charge when in reality they are not the bosses.

So by saying it's the Conservative gov't for the problem is only giving the Liberal gov't a false pat on the back for not doing what they are supposed to do....govern!

What I stated above is not because I am a Conservative voter it is a statement that has been said to me by many bureaucrats from the junior level to the senior level from both parties. It's amazing what you can get out of them either over a few beers or a couple words blowing smoke up their kiesters.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sea0shell33 on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 09:14

How can the Conservatives possibly make sure the bureaucratic machine moves faster and more efficient when all the Cons wanted to do was lay off employees and close offices. Remember it was the Cons who wanted Vac point of contact to be a service Canada office. Enough said about the Cons all the people are saying and all the people know if your a veteran you have no choice, no choice at all voting Conservative or supporting the last MvA Otoole who betrayed every veteran by excluding the PA from returning, is the same as shooting yourself financially. Dont be fooled by the Otoole and fantino followers on here

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 11:02

Teen, how can you say that these delays have nothing to do with the Harper Tories? Before Harper took power, VAC could make a decision on new applications within 6 months from first contact, under both previous Liberal and Conservative governments. So if a Veteran called VAC, asking for an application, the clock started. So the application could be mailed out using snail mail, completed by the Veteran and mailed back, then their med docs were reviewed and extracted any evidence in regards to the claimed condition, request a medical if needed, and still make a decision on time. Yes, the veteran may have suffered financially while waiting, but at least before the NVC was enacted, they knew that if successful, they could get up to three years back pay. But Harper played a political shell game, saying the wait times were being reduced, but instead he effectively removed any time restraint for gathering the information, so a DO that is overworked and understaffed due to the staffing cuts, can take several months to send the paperwork to PEI, and the only people to suffer any repercussions of these delays are the Veterans. Then they cut the number of adjudicators, and exasperated the situation.

Saying that the bureaucrats are delaying these applications just to spite the Tories, sounds like something Trump would come up with.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 13:01

For starters gentlemen get your points in order. The DO's do not do the grunt work of gathering the info for your application it's the adjudicators in PEI that do the work. Once you fill out the paperwork it doesn't go to your DO it goes to PEI!

The Cons laid off frontline workers at underused DO's NOT adjudicators!

The Libs are back in control and lo and behold wait times for applications is taking longer by the same adjudicators who are trying to widdle away at the backlog of applications they created!

Stop making everything that is wrong the Cons fault. Neither one of you have talked to VAC employees from PEI so until you get out from behind your keyboards and get face to face with bureaucrats your arguments of it's Harper, Fantino, O'Tooles fault is pathetic.

It's been a year stop giving the guy you all saw as the savior for veterans a break. Tell him to crack the whip and get the damn bureaucrats to work. Oh wait CUPE is the Liberals best friends. The pep rally JT had on his first day of work with a entranceway full off of CUPE workers and oh yeah the meet and greet Hehr just had with new employees in Winnipeg. Guess getting CUPE employees off their butts and do their job isn't a priority in the near future for your precious Liberal government.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 16:25

Politics, Bureaucrats and unions aside I must say...

Wait times? PA only had it better than NVC by a small tad. (In my experience)
And I've dealt with both for what that's worth.
Thing is, NVC has different complications PA never addressed.

Steelgunner you wrote "  If I was pre NVC and getting a monthly penision cheque I would not worry to much when the claim finally went through. "

I am old charter but I had to fight like freaking hell AND wait for that benefit just like NVC folks when I had nothing. Frack all...just multiple fracking food banks. Don't want to get fired up here but Veteran's encompass both the NVC as well as PA and we should not splinter the difference between the two.

Remember, the GoC wrote the difference...

jmo
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 16:51

Teen, the Libs were a failure before they even started in your eyes. But if everything was done in PEI, as you claim, then why does it take DO's several weeks to send your file to Charlottetown? But like Steelgunner said, he submitted a claim in January, and it didn't go to PEI until March. My last claim took around 3 months before it went to PEI. If VAC staff at the DO aren't doing anything with the claims, then why not send them out immediately? Why delay the process for no reason?
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 16:52

Was wondering that myself Big Rex. .
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 16:59

The one program established by the Cons that totally pissed off VAC bureaucrats My VAC Account.

Anyone notice that when they use My VAC Account for Health Travel Claims they are in your bank within 3 weeks? That's because it goes straight to Blue Cross' inbox in Moncton. Processed by Blue Cross empolyees. Where in the old days Blue Cross employees did VAC work and VAC workers did Blue Cross work. That was changed and the VAC employees were pissed off that a job that wasn't theirs to begin with was taken away from them.

Any applications you submit via My VAC Account goes directly to the inbox of the next available adjudicator. Where the old way there was an employee who opened the letter, put it in the proper mail box to picked up by a mail runner then it was put in the adjudicators desktop mailbox.

Now each application goes electronically from person to person. No more physical handling of paper which led to lost pieces of paper, misplaced applications. Now they are in que on their computers.

Questions are easily answered with the TOD (Table of Disabilities) created by a veteran that VAC adopted to have better continuity in decisions and expedite decisions....whenever they get to the claims.

My VAC Account and using the electronic highway has upset a lot of employees especially those who had to learn new jobs.

Frontline people do work their butts off to help us but once that application is in your hands it no longer belongs to your DO.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 17:10

Rex I'll say it one more time stop making this out to me hating Liberals.  If you and all the others want to think that about me that's fine but you are very narrow minded to think so.

But seeing as that's the way you look at it how about I turn the tables on you.  You have hated the Conservatives the whole time they held office.  Did I ever throw that in your face?  NO.

If you don't want to believe me when I say bureaucrats hate Cons but love Liberals then prove me wrong....get out from behind your keyboard and start to advocate face to face with VAC ADM's, DM's, VAC Ministers and their staff.  Until then you are just making ill-informed decisions and assumptions.

You have to remember I have advocated under a Liberal gov't and a Conservative gov't.  The politics is not the objective.  Making the bureaucrats do their job and to accept change is the challenge.  

Oh and I just did two new applications under the NVC and all my CM from my DO did was  send me the forms after an inhome consultation.  I filled them out,scanned them and uploaded them on My VAC Account. OR I could have mailed it to PEI.  So maybe some people need to ask why your DO is doing PEI's work?  Maybe the DO's are the ones holding up your applications.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top