VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land)

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land)

Post by Trooper on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 17:55

Wait times or for lack of better words (unacceptable wait times) are the fault of the government, governments of all colors. The Conservatives cut jobs in PEI, most of those job cuts went to front line workers dealing with benefits. The job cuts were to save money and the bureaucrats were intentionally slowing the process to keep their future work in check. Now we have the Liberals hiring more workers in PEI, workers that will also intentionally slow the process to keep their future in check. This is the circle were dealing with, so regardless of who's in power, their all the blame. The government needs to keep the bureaucrats in check, they don't, all they do is say look what we done today for Veterans and their families, and the bureaucrats run the entire file. You will not change this by attending meetings or writing to your MP's, it is entirely in the hands of the government, the government is going to spin this like past governments have, and what will probably happen is you will see a faster process time for a short time, then it will back to the same old. We all know full well what the problem is, we know what the solution is, but until (ANY) government starts to stand over the bureaucrats, this will continue.

Pinger,

With the old act, once you got your first approval 5% or more, this was a solid cushion of security for Veterans in waiting to climb that long ladder, it was tax free, so it did not interfere with other income, and was retroactively paid from the day you placed your application, as so for future approvals, paid from the day you applied. So I would say this is far better then the mess they have set up today with the NVC.

Teen, you can call anyone a keyboard advocate, regarding Bigrex, I know for a fact that he stood up and volunteered to represent VVi, I was the person who sent in he's interest to volunteer. I can say for certain that Rex is not afraid to stand up publicly to do the exact work you did. So stating or suggesting he is a keyboard advocate is not correct.

Last edited by Trooper on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 11:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5265
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 18:59

New here but not new to reading csat.
I  can also confirm that bigrex is not a keyboard advocate and he has remained as a calming and expert common denominator on csat. With all due respect Teentitan, in my opinion you have  changed in your demeanor on csat since you stepped down as forum master and I don't understand what has transpired to make such a change. I wish you only wellness.  As far as being a keyboard advocate, some of us technically fall into that category and if so, that should be acceptable on csat because that may be all one can contribute given medical and emotional conditions we deal with and we should not be discriminated for being keyboard advocates.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sea0shell33 on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 21:43

Tooooooo much Otoole kool Aid! At least now things are happening , maybe slowly but there happening ! Conservative values are Donald Trump values and we don't need them here!

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Thu 29 Sep 2016, 01:51

I am not going to apologize for what I have said or what my beliefs are to anyone.

That said on csat when a member calls me out as a Conservative or I don't like the Liberals when I make a comment based on facts from something said to me from VAC employees I have the right to respond to narrow minded answers.

For years as the publisher, forum master, advocate for VVi I let a lot of political views of members on csat be that...their political view. I never threw it in their face, accused them of being a NDP or Lib supporter because I respected their opinion regardless of what they said.

I stepped down from advocating for 2 reasons. I was put on trial for voting Conservative....I believe the comment was "if you don't vote for the Liberals then you can't advocate for us anymore"

The second reason I stepped down is because someone on CSAT had a person access my VAC file and my private information was stated on this forum.

I am a Conservative. A proud Conservative. The problem with some members of CSAT is they use it against me like Pavlov's dog when they read the answer from me they don't like.

teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3248
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Thu 29 Sep 2016, 10:46

It is a sad commentary when Veterans are so divided.
How can we possibly fight the government when we fight amongst ourselves.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Thu 29 Sep 2016, 13:09

Very well said Cdn Vet, touche and welcome to csat.

It is too bad politics has to enter csat somedays. But at the very least, some members should just
" agree that they disagree " And leave it at that. Why is that so hard to do for some people?

Reminds me how politics can mimic the division I saw between the branches years ago.
" Ohh... He's just a grunt, but oh no, I'm a pigeon ! "
Or... he's red and I'm blue etc etc etc.

Well if both were stuck in the same elevator, they still gotta get unstuck.

We are ALL in the same elevator folks.

And that's my pearl of the day.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Thu 29 Sep 2016, 15:25

Everyone should be able to voice their opinion on any political party, you see this everyday throughout the whole Country, it is in the media, and even in the house of commons. What I don't want to see is anyone pushing their political opinions onto others to the point where it evolves into a useless argument, it is only an opinion. If someone wants to put the Conservatives down, so be it, it's an opinion, if someone wants to put the Liberals down, so be it, it's only an opinion. I put them all down and couldn't care a bit what others think, what's important is what I think, not others. We need to respect everyone's opinion, rather we agree with it, or not, as long as we don't disrespect one another's opinion, things should run smoothly.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5265
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Thu 29 Sep 2016, 16:03

I couldn't say it better trooper . . .
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 29 Sep 2016, 18:10

Well this thread has gone south, but I will voice my opinion on a few comments above.

First in regards to key board advocates.  Never thought there was any shame in being a key board advocates, I am one!!!

But, when I write my thoughts and opinions right or wrong I hope my message is heard to those that are actually involved in direct talks with groups and the government.  They will either go gee that Steelgunner had a great idea or Steelgunner ideas are so lame.  I can take it and welcome all thoughts good or bad.

In regards to government sides of either blue or red.  I really never thought of any of my fellow members blue or red. I think of all of you as a Veteran first and only a Veteran.  

Groups and causes's may get tangled up in government, ego, and just spite.  But best left alone!!!!  Veterans Remember Veterans and Veterans help other Veterans in any situation!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Fri 30 Sep 2016, 06:17

Yes Sir! On above comment.
Veterans have no colours.
Soldier first, trades men/women second.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1078
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by red510 on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 19:56

Bringing the thread back on target, I spoke with an Inquiry Resolution Officer today about three DA claims that I submitted back in Jan and April 2016. They don't start counting time based on submitting the application but when "all necessary information is received". In my case, based on VAC math, my claims are now considered submitted as of April and May this year. That puts their timeline at 7 and 6 months of waiting. She also told me that as of today, VAC is processing DA claims "submitted" back in Feb 2016 or 9 months back. Hardly the mandated time line! This is simply not acceptable. And if a claim is rejected, as many are at first, then there will be another almost year long wait. Very frustrating and stressful.

red510
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2016-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 20:13

X10. I agree.   The pain in a hopeful positive out come of an approved claim only to be shot down with a rejection letter a year late.

Can't really think of a better torture method then this.  Is water boarding more humane?

In jest, but you get my point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking on Thu 19 Jan 2017, 16:59

I checked on my claim today, and was told their starting claims from April 2016. I heard that back in November. Is that a convenient month to reference or are they really that far behind?

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Sat 21 Jan 2017, 18:37

I'm in Ontario. I was told that they are starting DA decisions for which they received all the supporting documentation in September.
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking on Sat 21 Jan 2017, 19:03

Nice. Too bad that wasn't the same story out here in the prairies

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top