VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land)

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land)

Post by Iceman on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 16:36

so, i just talked to VAC.

I have a reassessment that just passed the 16 week mark (from the date of receipt of all info)

all info was recorded and gathered dec 2nd according to myVac. the assessment start date was July 1.

she told me that it got forwarded to head office late February

she also told me they had JUST started working on assessments that were DUE in September, 2016.

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 11:19

i know for somethings they move faster on for example i know someone with tinnitus that was at 5% there doctor wrote them a prescription this year for a masking device and apparently the masking device added another 5% to there disability i think the max you can get for tinnitus is 12% so they had room to move up on assessment no 100% sure on the max % for this and i think hearing and tinnitus are separate trooper may know if they are but from time of start to finish for reassessment it only took a few months so you never know if you have tinnitus covered and maybe a masking device could help you as well something to look into

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 14:23

Tinnitus is a hard one to get. Mine was denied, because they said that I didn't have any hearing loss when I completed my release medical. The issue I have, and was ignored by VAC is that because of the tinnitus, I hear high pitch ringing in my ears, so when they put me in the fridge to do my hearing test, and told to press the button whenever I hear the high pitch sound, I was pressing the button constantly. So even though, less than a decade later, I had an audiologist, that VAC sent me to, report that there was marked hearing loss and tinnitus, the claim was still denied.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3055
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderbolt on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 14:46

bigrex wrote:Tinnitus is a hard one to get. Mine was denied, because they said that I didn't have any hearing loss when I completed my release medical. The issue I have, and was ignored by VAC is that because of the tinnitus, I hear high pitch ringing in my ears, so when they put me in the fridge to do my hearing test, and told to press the button whenever I hear the high pitch sound, I was pressing the button constantly. So even though, less than a decade later, I had an audiologist, that VAC sent me to, report that there was marked hearing loss and tinnitus, the claim was still denied.

My experience was the exact opposite. I was approved right away (took less than 3 months) and prescribed a masking device as well. Tinnitus is not tied to hearing loss, they are two separate claims. I got 10% for tinnitus but my hearing loss isn't sufficient for a claim.

thunderbolt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2017-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 15:49

don't be afraid to put it in again and you might need to word it better and get second opinion i know that not everyone with tinnitus has hearing loss you can look that information up on the internet but most cases they do so try again get as much info from them as you can to help support it

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 16:29

I guess it all depends on which adjudicator gets your file. Too much so apparently. I'm honestly not too worried about it. I'm currently sitting at 90% between the PA and NVC, and getting EELB, PIA/S and AA. Plus I'm waiting for a special reconsideration for my back, since they only approved me at 2/5, but didn't say why, and I think I'm starting to develop OA in my hips to boot. So since I'm already covered for a knee (5/5), lower back (2/5) and cervical disabilities (5/5), I doubt they will fight it if I put in a claim for my hip.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 19:57

24 yrs Rad Op, no prob getting hearing loss and Tinnitus. Death as a post. Worse on left, as we would leave one side of the headset up, so we could hear the Ops officer yacking orders.. Oh the fun..lol
Out, VVV...
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 22:50

I hear you johnny, I was in the ops room, and often had two headsets on, one for each ear, then a third channel on a speaker. Then there was the days of sitting in the old 3"50 gun, wearing nothing but a sound powered headset. Or living in One mess on a CPF, where you had the ships gun firing 10 feet away from where you slept. Sometimes I swear the people at VAC think that every CF member does nothing but sit in some office on base, doing nothing but reading about war.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 01:37

I got tinnitus for my ruptured ear drum from an tog blast. Approved for that but vac is fighting my the brain injury that was also caused by it.

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top