Go down

ELB CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT

Post by Ex Member on Sat 29 Mar 2014, 08:11

lawsuit time! nothing else will work with this government

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by jack22 on Fri 28 Mar 2014, 21:39

It hapen in our parliment today '' the full demontration that the gouvernement of Mr Harper do not pay any respect to the veterans'' in fact 2 questions about ELB RETRO ...guess what? no anwser.

Ms. Francine Raynault (Joliette, NDP):
Mr. Speaker, it has been nearly two years since the Federal Court ruled in favour of veterans on the issue of pensions, yet they are still waiting to hear whether the government will compensate them retroactively. The ombudsman has been inundated with telephone calls from veterans who feel that the minister has stalled long enough. The ombudsman and the Royal Canadian Legion are calling for a decision.
Can the government tell us if it intends to compensate these veterans who have been unfairly treated? Yes or no?

Mr. Parm Gill (Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Veterans Affairs, CPC):
Mr. Speaker, the member opposite should know that our government voluntarily increased benefits for veterans receiving the earnings loss benefit, the Canadian Forces income support, and the war veterans allowance. This meant thousands of dollars more for veterans in addition to added benefits to the veterans independence program.
If the member and her party cared about veterans, they would not have voted against the initiative we brought forward.

Mr. Peter Stoffer (Sackville—Eastern Shore, NDP):
Maybe, Mr. Speaker, it got lost in translation.
My question to the Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Veterans Affairs is very clear. These disabled veterans were wrongfully clawed back on the earnings loss benefit from April of 2006 until November of 2012. Two veterans ministers previously said they would promise to fix this problem.

My question is quite clear. For two years now, we and other people have been asking when these disabled veterans will get the money they so rightfully deserve.

Mr. Parm Gill (Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Veterans Affairs, CPC):
Mr. Speaker, there is no other government in the history of our great nation that has done more for Canada's veterans than this government right here under the leadership of our Prime Minister. We have invested almost $5 billion in additional funding since coming to office.
The NDP and the Liberal Party have voted against virtually every single initiative we have brought forward. I would encourage the member opposite to please stop playing partisan games with our veterans and start supporting the initiatives.

Well i going to get an other beer and going out to lunch for an other 6 months!
En tout respect
Jack

jack22
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 on Tue 25 Mar 2014, 00:58

Your right Meeko, Vac in my experience and thank god I have a good manager, she ensured I was taken cared of for the ELB. I have been on it since 2007 when I could no longer work. It took them a while to get me into Rehab, but since then I have been taking some upgrades. I cannot work full days however they understand it. Still looking for work but as long as you follow there guidelines you'll be fine.
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Mon 24 Mar 2014, 21:36

I have to agree with Meeko on this. Not only is EELB easier to get, VAC staff are usually much nicer than SISIP. When I was on SISIP, I was basically called lazy, and had my file closed because I said that since I wasn't physically capable of spending hours riding the bus to and from work, to have their job search team to focus in my area of town. Obviously sticking with ELB, would keep him from collecting any additional retro that he would come from getting reinstated, but to me the added headaches and stress dealing with SISIP again wasn't worth it.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3290

Back to top Go down

VAC vs SISIP

Post by Meeko35 on Mon 24 Mar 2014, 17:39

From personal experience, given the choice...I would suggest going the VAC route with Voc Rehab, ELB, PIA and PIA supp.  If you get on the VAC program and you are given the ELB, it is an easier process than SISIP.  I have never found SISIP to be easy to deal with or very sympathetic, where as most of the VAC personnel I have dealt with over the last 10+ years will do their best to help you to take advantage of any program they have available.
I had the choice and decided to go the VAC route.  I don't know if one is easier to get than the other but I can honestly say I was happy the day I transferred from SISIP to VAC for the rehab program.  It might be different now that the court case is done.  It also likely did not help that I could not work with my SISIP counselor.  My spouse referred to him as a opinionated bully and I tended to agree.  I would appreciate hearing from anyone who chose to go with SISIP LTD, that way you would have both sides of the story.

Meeko35
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2013-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 24 Mar 2014, 15:45

Thank you bigrex and propat I appreciate that info. Now similarly, he is appealing Sisip presently for LTD benefits. What happens if he succeeds in his appeal with respects to Voc Rehab and/or benefits under ELB.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Mon 24 Mar 2014, 15:42

Getting approved for the Rehab program is the first step, then he can apply for the ELB, as well as the PIA (Permanent Impairment Allowance). Since you say that he cannot work, they will send him for a determination on whether or not he is TPI (Totally and Permanently Impaired). If he gets that determination, ELB is then approved until age 65, and if granted the PIA, he can then apply for the PIA supp. These programs were initially only open to those given a disability award under the NVC, but they were expanded to include Pension Act recipients around 2 years ago.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3290

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 24 Mar 2014, 15:27

ok got it ya id be cautious about the voc rehab but the rehab program itself is a good program that entails many things like some of the stuff you mentioned. if his pensioned medical condition is preventing him from working he should be applying for elb, pia and supplement this would entail him being accepted for the rehab program.

hope this helps

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 24 Mar 2014, 15:19

Propat, no he never applied since med release 2006 because he never thought he would qualify.  He has med release pensioned conditions  but also non pensioned medical conditions that prevent him from working to date. The DVA person said that he might qualify for rehab program and medical coverage's for adjusting i.e. counselling which he presently pays out of pocket and through Sunlife. I believe this person read his recent VIP annual report which referenced such.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 24 Mar 2014, 15:02

not sure kp did they apply for ELB????

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 24 Mar 2014, 14:51

If anyone could give some insight. DVA called spouse  today and inquired on whether he would be interested in Voc Rehab. He is old charter and not on elb. I don't know anything about either programs. Is this ELB?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Fri 21 Mar 2014, 10:35

Then shoot him a quick email and ask him to send you one with the Parties response. That way you get it in writing.

Getting promises in writing is something you have for the future when their promises don't come true.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3314
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by loggie on Fri 21 Mar 2014, 10:25

FYI Teen, he has asked to speak to me directly, only problem is I will be away for the next two weeks so it my response may be delayed here.

loggie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Thu 20 Mar 2014, 18:56

HELL NO!!! That's what we need to ask all political parties! Well done loggie and I can't wait for his reply.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3314
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by loggie on Thu 20 Mar 2014, 18:11

Further to my last, I sent this to Mr. Karygiannis:
Thank you for clarifying but once again, having lived through both majorparties in power while serving AND personally having lived through how both have treated us, can you explain in more detail as to HOW the Liberals would "live up to our country’s sacred obligation to care for veterans and their families throughout their lives by allowing them to maintain a quality of life that is worthy of the sacrifices that they have made for Canada;".

I only ask as there are so many of my men and former colleaques who have suffered so much on both the battlefield and in fighting the bureaucratic red tape that we do NOT need more of the latter. For all of us, the former was enough! And if you have not personally experienced it, then you can talk until the cows come home but you won't know which end is which. A doze of pills, group therapy, physical therapy, it helps but is it enough? Not when we are struggling with so many uncertainties with respect to how are we going to cope each and every day.

What we want to see is concrete evidence that we really are going to receive the benefits and treatment we deserve, and need, without having to worry about what cutback is coming next. And until that is clearly spelled out, and we know that we are not being used as pawns, then in all honesty, our trust is like the wind.

I thank you for your time and sincerely look forward to your response.

I hope I did not speak out of turn

loggie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next