Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

ELB Class Action Law Suit

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by Teentitan on Mon 01 Dec 2014, 18:18

FYI for everyone True Patriot Love is not a small time veteran charity.

It's the foundation that is on Bay Street in Toronto, for those who don't know Bay Street is Canada's Wall Street.

They get the big donations from big business and the $5 million they matched last week for mental health research puts them in the $10 million dollar range for donations to universities for PTSD research, portable brain scan machines for the field, 3D imaging for finding triggers for PTSD vets.

Just wanted to let everyone know about True Patriot Love.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3313
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Mon 01 Dec 2014, 17:36

Well said meteck. pinger.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1242
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck on Mon 01 Dec 2014, 15:01

bigrex,,,I spoke to jose today...on aseperate matter......weird you cant speak to her.....weider that anyone has yet to be paid......there should be no reason why you cant speak to her..its her job title..special needs.......try again....and then cry in a corner as to why the other 7 years worth of theft goes unpaid....meanwhile 1,13 billion disappears..then 200 million re appear..then its over 50 years not 6...and some fuc%in make a wish foundation has to come up with 5 million to match our cheap as fu#$ gvmnt who pony up 5 million for research..the shaft has never been deeper..meanwhile vets organizations line up on their knees mouth open to get the pittance va scatters around...what a disaster........until I see honest push back from vets I am done..i will make sure I worry about me and me alone..cause the years of fractured opposition has worn me out...good luck to all here....you've all earned it..

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sat 29 Nov 2014, 00:13

Thanks, good to know it's not just me. Obviously there is no rhyme or reason to making the payments. But one thing is apparent, everyone that has actually spoken to Jose McIver, has been paid, so no wonder VAC has cut off our access to her.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 on Fri 28 Nov 2014, 21:33

Bigrex. No joy here in Newfoundland. No work sheet or info regarding the retro. Looks to me that the retro is being paid out province by province.
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 28 Nov 2014, 08:56

Big Rex hang on , some guys at my legion haven't received theirs either but they did get a workout sheet I was told

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Fri 28 Nov 2014, 00:54

So, is there anyone else out there on ELB, that has not received their retro yet? I just want to know if I'm alone in that fact, because the front line staff at VAC, don't know, and refuse to put me in contact with anyone that might know, if or when I am to get paid. I just want to do some Christmas shopping without having to go in the hole to do it, and every day that goes by, where I don't see any money, or notice of payment, makes that less and less of a possibility.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck on Mon 24 Nov 2014, 11:44

ill be brief..ombudsman office laid it out for me..only the gvmnt can give us our retro money..period..one word in one line of one document..thats why we got fecked...the court of public opinion is our last resort...drapeau law firm didn't return numorous calls...they don't sound so eager...1.2 billion coming back to the va/ 200 million to buld 8 oci centers countrywide..really...last year 60 positions for mental health staff were created..54 of them go unfilled now..i went to college to geta degree in social service work...the plan back then was to help vets when I was done..guess what..I DONT COME CLOSE TO QUALIFYING FOR these positions..lol...and when I tried to get more education..they fought back,,,said 66.6 of my pre-release salary was sufficient..so jobs that are 28000 a year are my target..lmfao...we set the bar so low providers like march of dimes can simply insert a 25 year old clown off the street to be your facilitator.........that's our future folks.....so get that vice out and bury your head.........that's what they hope for..believe that

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce72 on Thu 20 Nov 2014, 10:56

Bruce72
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 732
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 16:41

Sitting knowing that VAC said that all ELB recipients were going to be sent paperwork a month ago, and others actually have had their money for a several weeks, while I'm still waiting for any sort of action on my file, is definitely nerve racking. I will try to get a hold of my CM in the morning, and see if she can find out what is happening. Because from where I stand, it certainly doesn't seem like other VAC staff are doing much to get me answers.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Military Wife on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 12:09

We are having the same problems and it doesn't help that we don't have a CM anymore because we are beyond help...lol.

Military Wife
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce72 on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 10:30

Ya, I'm not sure why they are blocking you or anyone else from talking to her. I got her name from another CSAT vet, made the call and got her on the phone in less than 10 minutes.

Just keep on them and your case manager Rex!

Bruce72
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 08:56

OK, thanks bruce, I can understand that. I'm just wondering if she knows that there may be ELB clients trying to contact her on this issue, but are being blocked by regional office staff, who have no clue about her role on the issue? I'm sure that I'm not the first person who has tried to contact her, but has been denied, since her name first came out.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 08:45

" They work for us, period. "  Damn straight, let's not forget that!
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1242
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce72 on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 08:20

Hi Rex,

Even if I were to pass on your information to Jose McIver, she legally cannot act on it, as it would be a violation of your privacy. She isn't even allowed to admit that you are a client. So to act on third party information or requests would be out of the question.

I'm sorry mate. Call and be relentless about your pursuit of information. I personally don't give VAC much room to maneuver, it's the only way to keep the bureaucracy in check. Never for a minute allow them to act like they are doing any us any favors, because they aren't. They work for us, period.

Bruce72
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next